Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Norwich appoint agencies to sell players

Very worrying indeed. Especially as Brady is on that list. Do The Secret Footballers tweets actually carry a bit of weight?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/article4752463.ece

Sorry on my phone so can''t make it link properly.

Agree that it is hard to know which rag is right. I think what worries me more is the fact that we have to employ agencies to do it. It would be like one of us employing someone to use the self service till at Sainsburys.

Feels like we have no real leadership at the club if we have to get someone else to do the negotiating. Also sounds like that we are slightly desperate for money. I''m not saying that this article is gospel. I think we all know Redmond will go, Jerome and Brady, only time will tell, but the part about hiring agencies to negotiate for us is something that is so left field it surely can''t just be made up.

Be interesting to know if anyone subscribes to the Times can shed any light on what the rest of the article says.

[quote user="Willmeister"]Very worrying indeed. Especially as Brady is on that list. Do The Secret Footballers tweets actually carry a bit of weight?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/article4752463.ece

Sorry on my phone so can''t make it link properly.[/quote]Dear God, ''The Times'' is about the only rag left worth subscribing to because it mostly gets things right...WTF!!!

Isn''t this pretty-much what Balls was intimating when he said something was in place, and it may well be not that far removed from how things are normally done (at some clubs) . I imagine most/all players have a price - that is hardly news, is it?

+ I think we all knew Redmond would be off, probably Brady too; IMO this ''worrying'' story is anything but, it rather merely shows we are using agencies to assist us which is funnily enough what they are for.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Isn''t this pretty-much what Balls was intimating when he said something was in place, and it may well be not that far removed from how things are normally done (at some clubs) . I imagine most/all players have a price - that is hardly news, is it?[/quote]Do you have a comprehensive list of those ''some clubs'' that enlist agencies to sell their players?

The owners and Board of this club have not got a clue , now McNallys gone we could soon be back to struggling at the wrong end of the Championship . Add to that a manager with almost zero experience and coaching staff that would look more in place at Lowestoft and things really do not look very good at all .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]The owners and Board of this club have not got a clue , now McNallys gone we could soon be back to struggling at the wrong end of the Championship . Add to that a manager with almost zero experience and coaching staff that would look more in place at Lowestoft and things really do not look very good at all .[/quote]On the contrary, this is an excellent way to restore credibility to our buying and selling, a credibility that critics like yourself were claiming, until just a few weeks ago, has been destroyed by the man you are now saying we depended upon. You can''t have it both ways. 
Branston is spot on when he points out that employing these agencies is exactly what Ed Balls was talking about when he said that the club had interim measures in place to ensure that essential business gets done in the absence of, and while the search continues for, an experienced football-savvy CEO (also, incidentally, with the help of an agency). 

Oh no, shock horror, clubs appoint agents to ensure that without a CEO transfers in and out are handled correctly!

Man alive people get a grip.

Am just finding the general vibe of the stories coming out of the club at the moment and the leadership vacuum quite worrying. The board need to get on and fill that CEO role quickly and then also a suitable team around him.

This sort of nonsense is what you get when you allow someone to build up and run the club as a dictatorship, surrounding themselves with token yes men and whittling away the basic infrastructure around them. When that person goes then you are left with a problem. Our CEO must never be allowed to make himself so indispensable again.

Is this like appointing an agent to sell your house? Is this why we haven''t yet named a shirt sponsor, because all our players will have to wear "For Sale" on their shirts?

Sold STC
"Centre Back, six foot tall, two large feet, immaculate injury record, recently converted to right back, in need of some improvement, no chain."

Agree totally but I have given up worrying about it. Season after season we sit here waiting for the next one to come around, twiddling our thumbs cos we miss the footy and waiting for news to come out of Norwich. Yet season after season we , the fans, are told nothing other than pre season fixtures. The players are back in training in 17 days time yet we don''t know what our squad will look like cos they tell us nothing. I will just try and switch off for a few weeks. Not easy but if the club can do it then so will I.

I suppose the question is ''is this normal?'' Obviously it must be a little odd as it has made the news (something Norwich City often struggle to do).

I''m concerned by the idea we''ve put Brady up for sale though- fine if someone comes in and bids for him but I hope we''re not actively looking to move him on.

Think it sounds like a sensible option considering our current situation, think you will find these agencies exist as many clubs use them.

I would prefer not to see Brady move on, though something suggests maybe he doesn''t want to be here or in the chumps ?

King Canary, I think that is what worries me is the language in the article that we have ''put them up for sale.'' That usually means that a club needs money and fast.

All these odd stories coming out and not going away is what concerns me. Again, who knows if this is someone in the know writing this piece or it is just lazy journalism who sees relegated club and writes that we are trying to sell anyone worth any money.

I think with the sudden departures of Bowkett/McNally, the rumours that seem to keep coming up, I''d be surprised if any NCFC fan doesn''t find this all a little unsettling.

Full article:-

"Norwich City have appointed two football agencies to handle all of their player sales this summer because of their concern about a lack of expertise and contacts within the club.

Key Sports Management and Base Soccer have been given a mandate to negotiate deals for players that are leaving in what is expected to be a busy summer at Carrow Road after the club’s relegation to the Sky Bet Championship.

Norwich put Cameron Jerome, Robbie Brady and Nathan Redmond up for sale and have appointed the agencies in the hope of extracting the highest possible fees for their three star players.

The club are being run on a day-to-day basis by Simon Stone, the interim chief executive, after the departure of David McNally last month, but Norwich are concerned about his lack of experience. Stone joined Norwich as finance director last year, but it was the accountant’s first job in football.

Norwich have had interest in the three players that they are looking to sell to give Alex Neil, the manager, the funds to build a squad capable of returning to the Premier League. They have yet to receive a formal offer.

Middlesbrough are keen on Jerome as Aitor Karanka, the head coach, aims to add more firepower to his squad after their promotion, while Brady could return to Hull City 12 months after leaving them.

Redmond has attracted most interest, with Crystal Palace, West Ham United, Stoke City and Southampton all keen on the England Under-21 winger, who could command a fee of more than £10 million. Stoke and Southampton are leading the pursuit for Redmond."

I cannot make up my mind whether this is a shrewd move or tin-pot, panic style management.

We''ll see.

Perhaps Brady has indicated he wants to move on. The Hull interest now makes sense. We need a profit, Hull have replaced us as candidates for the new PL bonanza so we should try to cash in on it as well. £10m +?

We would be silly to sell Jerome given our current lack of decent strikers and the fact that he scored 18 goals in the Chumps last time around. £10m? (smiley.)

And, just like my house Nathan Redmond''s value increases by the day (another smiley.)

Agreed Jim, perhaps this is to do with agents, but the stories coming from the media about the club do not add up to a positive feeling for me.