Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

England Squad

What do you all think? I''m generally happy enough with it. Delph is an odd pick tho.

Seems Ruddy and Redmond missed a big chance this season to stake their claims with heaton and townsend in there.

Delph did quite well in qualifiers so he''s been rewarded for that.

Good to see so many young and fresh players that I actually enjoy watching in the squad

It''s going to be a shame when woy plays Milner and the rest of the losers instead of them though.

And, jack wilshere, seriously. Just retire.

Milner is one of those players i just dont get

must be a very good player and always does well and is well thought of for clubs and country

hard to explain but awful to watch play

Quite like milner. Good utility player who does the basics very well and has a bit of creativity in him as well. Yes he doesn''t do flashy rabonas etc. But he''s useful nevertheless.

I can''t remember delph doing that well, got any examples?

I don''t understand why Jordan Henderson is always a shoe in, a bit overrated for me. I just don''t think he has the technical ability needed for international football. Good in a midfiled dogfight, but how many of them do you see in tournament football during the heat of summer!

It probably is the best squad from the available fit players, but that midfield & defence barely inspires confidence in comparison to most of the squads.

What''s the point? We all know what''s going to happen. We''ll look good in the group stages then lose 2-1 in the quarter finals after a fairly lacklustre display.

Calling up Delph is silly for me, Antonio at West Ham has had a good season and certainly deserves more recognition based on form than Delph, however, he did do okay in the qualifiers - but then so did Shelvey and I certainly wouldn''t want to be taking him!

Milner and Rooney I understand, a young bunch need a few experienced heads on the pitch and in the dressing room.

I would also have taken Noble instead of whilshire, who cannot be trusted to be fit for all of England''s games!

Lastly, I would also have taken Jagielka. Have I missed something or are there only 3 CB''s in the squad?! I''d certainly be taking 4...

Nice to hear that Rooney isn''t a dead cert starter as well, although knowing Woy, that won''t be the case come Russia...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]What''s the point? We all know what''s going to happen. We''ll look good in the group stages then lose 2-1 in the quarter finals after a fairly lacklustre display.[/quote]

Other than my old brain getting confused thinking the quarter-finals came after the group stages, well I told you so....