Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

New Top Gear

Anyone enjoy the new program?

What a load of crap, I was reluctant to pay for Amazon prime until looking at BBC''s new series, looking forward to Clarkson, may & Hammond now, gonna have to spend the money!

Well it was awfull scripted and over acted bullshit before so don''t really see that a lot has changed.

It was great, the new presenters ''punchy'' style was just right. I don''t understand why so many are dissapointed, it''s not like you ordered a steak and were only given a cold meat platter, it''s still the same content every week, it''s still the same subject matter and there''s still the lovely opening music.

Nah, I''m overruling you all, it was a painful watch, we had everyone''s most annoying ginger, a washed up yank & some German bird who looks so ugly it made a US navy pilot vomit.

What was with the German mini, it''s all wrong!

It was exactly the same scripting as before they''ve just replaced one tool with another (do prefer the Clarkson tool to the Evans one thought). I thought the last series the format had become very tired and abit of a self parody and this was no different.

It''s like when Lovejoy left Soccer AM, they just carried on as if the genuis behing the show was never there in the first place, this lack of gratitude will destroy television as we know it. I wouldn''t be surprised if David Cameron doesn''t recall parliament to deal with the impending crisis.

Top Gear was, and is, pretty much a distillation of everything that is wrong with middle class and middle aged white men.

I would rather iron my pen1s than watch it ever again.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Top Gear was, and is, pretty much a distillation of everything that is wrong with middle class and middle aged white men.

I would rather iron my pen1s than watch it ever again.[/quote]

Sure sounds like a quote from TopGear, :-)

Enjoyed it. Not as bad as some make out. No matter what they''d have done last night it would''ve got a predictable hammering.

Who is gonna pay £ for Amazon prime to watch the real thing?

I don''t use Amazon for anything and we have movies etc covered so not sure what to do about the ''Top Gear'' whatever it''s gonna be called.

Top Gear was dying a slow death when the fracas took place anyway. It was past its prime and the irony is the last series was probably the best for several years. The show was tired and needed a refresh and away from control I''m sure the new Amazon show will be worthwhile viewing.

As for Mr Evans? I don''t want to waste my Sunday evenings watching a condescending and patronising man fail to have any chemistry in a heavily forced and over scripted platform. The content wasn''t terrible but the choice of presenters certainly is

And more to the point it failed to entertain me, it just wasn''t funny

Agree with your first paragraph AJ, Mr Clarkson had also seen it was waining, to the point that he sold his shares in its production company. An astute move or conspiracy? I wonder?

As for Chris Evans, I quite like him and he certainly knows how to play the entertainment game as his Ferrari collection will bare testament to. My two criticisms of the show are the fact that it is way to similar to its predecessor, the new tweaks however helped slightly. The second criticism is the sound in the studio/hangar! The amount of echo during the in house segments made it sound like it was being shot in a deserted cathedral.

[quote user="Number 9"]Who is gonna pay £ for Amazon prime to watch the real thing? I don''t use Amazon for anything and we have movies etc covered so not sure what to do about the ''Top Gear'' whatever it''s gonna be called.[/quote]

I bought one of their £50 tablets for my wife (she''s not tech savvy and wanted to use it to catch up on the Archers!) so they keep sending me offers for the Firestick, the best was half price.

I''ll stick with KODI, I''m sure ''The Grand Tour'' will be available for free.

Pretty sure even with firestick the Amazon prime has to be purchased as an extra.

It seems the main benefits of prime, other than top gear, are next day delivery on parcels and access to videos etc.

That stuff is not of interest to me, so choice of £70 to just watch the new top gear, unless anyone knows how to beat the system?