Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Pick your REALISTIC summer transfers

[quote user="93vintage"]Kevin Salazar (age 20) - skillfull two-footed Colombian who can play on the right and probably elsewhere in centre/advanced midfield.[/quote]Would be a good replacement for Wes or Redmond. Still a bit raw, but seems to have a bit more to his game than either of them from this video I''ve just found - [url=https://vimeo.com/141729719]https://vimeo.com/141729719[/url]. Total guess, but I''d expect he''d cost something under £5m.

The new work permit rules means it is pretty much impossible for clubs outside the Premier League to sign players from outside the EU.

Unless Salazar has a Spanish passport under his mattress he isn''t coming to Norwich.

To be honest, he probably wouldn''t get a permit for a Premier League club either.

Bournemouth only sold Grabban to us because he had a release clause of £3 million. It is unlikely that many of the players mentioned have similar such clauses. The clauses also usually stipulate that the offer must be from a Premier League side. Grabban''s was unusual in that regard.

Loaning Bassong to Watford was pure stupidity from us and it probably cost us automatic promotion. Hard to believe now but Bassong was superb when he returned to the fold last season. Other clubs around us won''t be so charitable.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The new work permit rules means it is pretty much impossible for clubs outside the Premier League to sign players from outside the EU.

Unless Salazar has a Spanish passport under his mattress he isn''t coming to Norwich.

To be honest, he probably wouldn''t get a permit for a Premier League club either.[/quote]He might already have a Spanish passport as it takes 2 years to get one for latin Americans. You''re probably right about the work permit though, lots of rules and red tape.

Gökhan Inler want away from Leicester due to lack of game time, as a Swiss international he must know Klose well. Signing him might convince Klose to stay.

If Ollson leaves Richie DeLaet could be a good replacement, IF Boro does not want to keep him. He looked good, albeit erratic, during his short spell with us under Lambert. and he developed a lot since then.

Nemanja Nikolic (Legia Warsaw) could be an interesting (and realistic) addition. He picked up all possible awards this season in Poland scoring 28 goals in 38 in the Extraklasa - which is a fairly decent league, nearer to the Championship than to the SPL. He''ll also be playing at the Euros for Hungary. Not a lone strike type, but flourishes in attacking sides.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"] If Ollson leaves Richie DeLaet could be a good replacement, IF Boro does not want to keep him.[/quote]
Oh Lord, no thank you.  He had at least one goal-conceding mistake in him pretty much every match.

How much would Ayala cost to get back?More than £350,000 that''s for sure [:|]

[:@]

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29666/town-close-to-landing-portsmouths-webster-with-clarke-set-to-join-pompey

Let''s gazump them.

They can''t be paying out that much because they cannot.

They can''t be offering him much because they cannot.

McCarthy''s transfer policy has been a bit hit and miss, but he has picked up a few gems from the lower leagues.

Let''s tap into their scouting and limited resources with our greater wealth.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Budapest Canary"] If Ollson leaves Richie DeLaet could be a good replacement, IF Boro does not want to keep him.[/quote]
Oh Lord, no thank you.  He had at least one goal-conceding mistake in him pretty much every match.
[/quote]

Indeed, I remember his silly back-heel kick against Chelsea and a few others, but

- those mistakes apart he looked a pacey and intelligent player,

- amount of games he played since then at Prem and top Champs level suggests that he''d cut those errors,

- he can be used left, right and center., which can come handy.

- he''s got several promotions on his CV, besides his league title, so he must radiate oodles of positive aura.

I was thinking that De Laet might be a good addition. He was shaky when on loan to Norwich, but that was 5 years ago now and he has picked up a lot of good experience since then.

Certainly defender good enough for a top 6 Championship team, but he might struggle to ever make the step up. If he was cheap I''d go for it.

Yesterday I drove through a village called Ings, my first thought was what happening to Danny Ings, is he back from injury, would Liverpool consider a loaning him?

Not a chance with ings! He just came back and played the last game of the season for LFC. If he goes on loan, premiership teams will be sniffing around.

More realistically, Antenucci jas left Leeds. We wanted him 2 years ago, now free. Perhaps worth it as an option up top?

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]I''m not so sure Villa is a more attractive proposition than Norwich City at this moment in time sgncfc.

The likes of Brighton, Derby WILL have to sell, as do all clubs in the championship who do not have the luxury of parachute payments to fall back on.[/quote]In the case of Brighton, you couldn''t be further from the truth.We know your (collective) disdain for Chris Hughton, but we see him as someone who has done a fantastic job, and him being given a four-year contract this week is indicative of how he is appreciated here.We missed out on promotion by a gnat''s knackers this season - a season where everyone knew we were bereft of a decent, fit, 20-goal striker that every promotion candidate needs. And this was without the benefit of parachute payments. If we can secure that player (whoever it may be - I suspect we''ll be scouring the Spanish leagues again), we are confident of another good season.As for Lewis Dunk - forget it. He''s 24, he''s a Brighton lad (admittedly so was Russell Martin), and he signed a five-year contract at the beginning of the season after Fulham - FULHAM! - offered £5m for him. If that genuinely triggered a released clause back then, that figure has shot up since. He''s also the captain in waiting.If we can retain Lewis Dunk, Connor Goldson, David Stockdale, Dale Stephens and Beram Kayal (all of whom are under contract incidentally), we''d fancy our chances next season. But believe me, if any of those players were to leave, it''s to the Premier League. And seeing as that''s unlikely, I''d put my mortgage (alright, I don''t have one - but bear with me) on all five staying.

Hughton can take RvW again if he likes?
Sorry but I doubt Brighton will be challenging for automatics again next season.

Brighton had a great season last season but the season before finsihed 21st. We''ve spent 4 of the last 5 seasons in the Premier League. While I don''t doubt Dunk may have Premier League suitors I don''t think it is unfeasible if Norwich came in for him he might see us as a better shot at getting promoted than Brighton.

[quote user="king canary"]Brighton had a great season last season but the season before finsihed 21st. We''ve spent 4 of the last 5 seasons in the Premier League. While I don''t doubt Dunk may have Premier League suitors I don''t think it is unfeasible if Norwich came in for him he might see us as a better shot at getting promoted than Brighton.[/quote]It''s amazing so many people only look back as far as last season to judge where we''re at. FourFourTwo did that, and got it embarrassingly wrong.Meanwhile, back in the real world, we''ve made the play-offs three seasons out of four, and it''s only down to Sami Hyypia''s time in charge that it wasn''t four out of four.There is no evidence to pre-suppose we won''t have as good a season next season as this one. Retention and strenghtening of the squad will mean another concerted effort - in line with those three out of the past four previous seasons.As for Lewis Dunk, he really won''t be going to Norwich. He''s already turned down West Brom and Everton, and Arsenal only cooled their boots at the time of his court case nonsense. He - like the rest of us - will see Brighton as having just a good a shot at promotion as anyone else; we have momentum if nothing else. While Norwich will of course be challenging, and are one of the favourites, to think that the play-offs are an over-achievement for us on the back of the previous season''s debacle is ludicrous.

See, I remember Brighton fans telling us years ago that there was little difference between the clubs when we tried to sign Elliott Bennett. How did that work out?

With regards to Dunk I can see nothing that says he ''turned down'' Everton or West Brom anywhere (some speculation linking him but that is about it). I''m not saying Brighton won''t be in the mix again but saying you''ve made the play-offs three times so why would he want to leave makes little sense. All it means is Brighton have failed to make the final leap three times. In that period we''ve mainly been in the Premier League, including winning the play-offs Brighton have failed in three times.

I''m not trying to claim we''re some huge club who can run roughshod over everyone but equally I don''t think tempting a player to leave Brighton (0 seasons in the Premier League) is beyond us either.

We''ve been linked with Collins from West Ham a few times before. Would be superb in this league, especially if we can somehow keep Klose. Forget youth in this position, we just need some bloody solidarity and experience

Kodjia is probably the best value for money Championship goalscorer like Grabban was last time so I can see us going for him.

The teenager who tore us apart at Everton might be worth a loan as well to cover forward positions and give us something different, Davies I think?

I don''t think we''ll need too many, obviously more than I''ve listed but I can''t think of any more we might go for right now. I think people forget just how much worse the Championship is, most of our players are more than good enough. We need 4-5 good players in vital positions, not 8-10 new players and a big overhaul. I''d overhaul us if or hopefully when we get promoted next time.

depends who we sellbutassombalonganahki wellsryan masonbruno manga

i know we havnt long finished but we really need to move on transfers this summer

Ryan Mason is a good shout. He''s out of favor at Spurs and is looking to move this summer. I imagine he''ll have Prem suitors though. I can see someone like West Ham or West Brom picking him up.

Our marquee signing should again be a striker.

"A striker, a striker our transfer kitty for a striker."

My favourite might have been Ross McCormack except for his age (30 soon) and the obvious price-tag Fulham will place on him.

The idea of McCormack, like Dwight Gayle, is becoming a bit yesterday''s news now.

Perhaps the scouts have eyes on an up-coming from the leagues of Europe (not Portugal) or even North Africa but, either way, this has to be a priority.

That apart we ''do a Grabban'' and go for one of the top young Championship strikers. Nahki Wells of Huddersfield fits the bill, but he won''t come cheap.

A.N.Other new striker could be a Premier league loanee. There will be a few available. If all else fails I wouldn''t object to Bamford.

This is interesting as we could have virtually an all-new strike force starting next season.

"If we go out and buy Kodjia and Wells we''ll be promoted ... it wouldn''t even cost us that much on the grand scheme of things."

You could be right CC. Strikers are worth their weight in gold in the Chumps nowadays as well as in the Pl.

Crunchers and workers are no longer the order of the day.

Bradley Johnson apart, the biggest fees paid have been for strikers.

Both promoted sides have spent £9m + for Rhodes (Boro) and Grey (Burnley.)

Says it all.

The acting CEO intimated in the monthly meeting that the striker department will be the main objective during the close season. Who we will go for is the question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Gregory_(footballer)

Lee Gregory at Millwall. Ok he''s 27 but the Sheffield born lad didnt make it at his home town club so dropped down to non-league. Made it back to the pro-leagues scoring well at Halifax and then Millwall when he started slowly but has scored 26 goals this season in a pretty average team...Sound like another Sheffield born strikers who''s been the talk of this season?

Worth a punt I''d say, especially if Millwall don''t go up as he only has a year on his contract.