Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Pick your REALISTIC summer transfers

I was interested in people''s thoughts on who we should try and bring in over the summer, REALISTICALLY. Not Messi/Ronaldo etc.

If you could bring in a maximum of 7 players who would be within our budget, wages, interested in coming etc who would they be. It will be interesting to see if anybody is remotely close come the end of the summer.

Harder than it looks, I would still like to see a couple of powerful box to box midfielders also.

I will kick off with:

1 - Brit Asambolanga

2 - Moussa Dembele

3 - Kieran Tierney

4 - Lewis Dunk

6 - Adrian Mariappa

7 - Alex Pritchard (Loan)

Harder than it looks, I would still like to see a couple of powerful box to box midfielders also.

If Tetteys does go ( I don''t think he will ) then I would go for Bridcutt, Sunderland owe us a favour 😀

Would have loved to have seen us go for Andre Grey of Burnley and George Friend of Boro but no chance now they have been promoted.

Abdel Henandez, Mahamad Diame and Moses Odubajo would all be superb if they do not go up.

Keep Klose, add Dunk, go all out to get Hughes from Derby and loan Ings who will need to find form and fitness, would be a great loan for us.

I''m not sure we have the money until we re-align our finances off load Mulumbu, Dorrans, Jarvis, Bassong, Redders.

We do have some exciting youngsters back who will hopefully be a great addition, Thompson, Maddison, Murphy''s.

Can''t see all those going, Redmond definitely, probably Ruddy and Tettey and potentially Bassong, Brady and Martin.

First signing has to be O''Neil surely, would be a massive asset for us in Championship.

Dunk is a great shout as we must be a better bet than Brighton re career progression.

Can''t see us getting someone like Ings and I''m not a fan of loanees, never really done much for us since the days of Hucks and Crouchy

Some of these may not be realistic prices but I have guessed amounts that I think are realistic.

Nakhi Wells (Huddersfield)

Scored 17 for a mi/lower table Championship side, so you would hope he would get the same/more for us. Would Huddersfield be able to turn down £4.5m-£5m for him?

Tom Bradshaw (Walsall)

Scored 15 odd for Walsall and they will do well to get promoted now so he may look to move on. Just got into the Wales squad too. Maybe £2.5m-£3.5m realistically?

Grant Hanley (Blackburn)

Knows the league well by now, Scotland international (I think?) but maybe not Premier League standard. £4-£5m?

Bradley Dack (Gillingham)

I think he was awarded the League 1 player of the year and would add to our young midfield if Tettey goes. Keeping O''Neil and Howson to bring Maddison, Thompson and this guy in and I think we would be well stocked. Would be in demand so maybe £3m-£4m plus add ons?

I know its unlikely we''ll go and spend £17-£18 on 4 players, but if Redmond, Tettey and Klose left I think its realistic and affordable.

I also think Toffolo and both Murphys should be in and around the squad.

Grant Hanley?! Blackburn fans hate him and thinks he''s useless.

Daniel Bentley is a top keeper at Southend and has plenty of clubs after him. Phil Brown is resigned to losing him and he could be a great signing.

Perhaps Tom Lees if Sheff Wed don''t go up.

Depends on who goes and when if last minute we''ll be in same boat.

Will need £20-30m which will come from sales and parachute. Expect Redmond £8m (not much more), Howson £8-10m, Brady £7m and Klose £10-12m, that will bring in £20m+. If they don''t move no need to replace.

Signings Dunk or Lees if not promoted or maybe both if Klose leaves. If Howson goes would like to see Lansbury back. Brady we can replace in house. Need is for strikers I would like to see big, strong , speedy striker a la Assombalonga and a quick, young proven, poacher Gregory (Millwall) Taylor (Bris Rov) or Roofe (Oxford), to get value for money.

Midfield I think we''re sorted in that area expect Tettey, O''Neil to stay if not need to recruit Def Midfielder.

I don''t know why a bunch of you think players would leave Brighton, Sheffield weds or Derby to come here, I can''t imagine we would pay them much more, it would just be a sideways move for them.

Unless players have only one year to go on their contracts and they are over 24, I doubt we will be able to prise anybody away from Hull, Brighton etc. Time to be realistic.

Nakhi Wells is a very good shout but pretty sure Hudd will want more than 4m. 6M might do it. Only problem is we really need to be looking at forwards and CB''s. We already have too many midfielders imo.

Tom Cairney, Kemar Roofe, Jason Shackell, Adrian Mariappa, zach clough, emerson hyndman, nakhi wells, lewis dunk, anthony knockheart, ante budimir.

Lacking wingers... will have a think.

Faissal El Bakhtaoui, 30 goals in 41 matches for Dunfermline this season, 23 yrs old, wages under 1k a week there, out of contract in 2 weeks, French-Morroccan, so far only Motherwell, possibly Cardiff, known interest. Worth a punt imo.

Perhaps we could loan Dominic Solanke if he sorts his contract out at Chelsea. Just the type of shape we need for a striker in the championship. Tall and fast and can finish.

Nahki Wells - Scored 17 league goals for Huddersfield this year who finished 19th. Not bad going for a poor team. He''s 25 years old and still has around 2 years left on his contract. I reckon 6-8mil should be enough to prise him away from Huddersfield.

Bruno Ecuele Manga - Centre back for Cardiff. Surprised no one has mentioned him yet. Standing at 6ft 1in he''s known for being a ''tough tackler'' apparently. He won Cardiff''s player of the year in the 2014/15 season and is 27 years old. I think we would more likely be able to get him rather than the likes of Tom Lees and Lewis Dunk (who I would happily take) especially as Brighton will more than likely be top 6 rivals next year, Sheffield Wednesday too if they don''t reach promotion. 6-7mil should do it.

And then I would do everything possible to keep Klose at the club (if it''s down to money issues).

Moussa Dembele from Fulham would also be a nice addition.

If Tettey was to leave we could do worse than bring back Korey Smith. Has improved and done well at Bristol City and has yet to sign a new context which expires in 12 months so wouldn''t be too costly and would bring energy into the middle.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Faissal El Bakhtaoui, 30 goals in 41 matches for Dunfermline this season, 23 yrs old, wages under 1k a week there, out of contract in 2 weeks, French-Morroccan, so far only Motherwell, possibly Cardiff, known interest. Worth a punt imo.[/quote]

Playing in the Scottish League One which is about the same standard as the Ryman League. Get off Wikipedia.

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"][quote user="Essjayess"]Faissal El Bakhtaoui, 30 goals in 41 matches for Dunfermline this season, 23 yrs old, wages under 1k a week there, out of contract in 2 weeks, French-Morroccan, so far only Motherwell, possibly Cardiff, known interest. Worth a punt imo.[/quote]

Playing in the Scottish League One which is about the same standard as the Ryman League. Get off Wikipedia.[/quote]Thought the idea of this topic was to give our opinions on possible realistic targets, not try to punch holes in others opinions. Was not on Wiki, browsed the Pars forums to gauge what their fans thought on this player. and came to  an opinion he may be worth a try, maybe as much as you think Mr. Bentley from Southend would be. How have you concluded that Scottish L1 is same standard as Ryman League? I would not have the slightest idea, but many footballers in recent seasons have been plucked from such low reaches and made it to the higher leagues, so maybe Bentley and El Bakhtaoui are both realistic targets. Least neither fit the Messi / Ronaldo mould .

Dembele is featured in sky sports best 11 free transfers team. He won''t come here as Spurs are after him. He''ll go there, and then next season (barring a Dele Alli rise) he''ll be loaned back out.

Ings is a pipe dream.

I think we should try for Bamford on loan with a view to a permanent. He was utilized sparsely and poorly, whilst not up to speed this season with us and Palace but can cut it in the champ as he''s shown. We should go for Zac Clough too, the guy looks a wizard. I don''t think we should sell Redders, let him walk next summer as we won''t get anyone close to him whilst we are in the champ and we need him to help us get out to attract better. I''d take a tribunal set fee.

The fact that some posters on this board genuinely believe the likes of Derby, Wednesday, Hull or Brighton are genuinely going to sell key players to us - a direct divisional rival, just shows how little comprehension of reality there is on here at times.

Whilst the Secret Footballer stuff is untrue, Charlie Wyett is reporting that we don''t have too much cash in the bank to spend on new players and we''ve got a high wage bill. So we''re realistically going to have to sell before we buy.

We aren''t going to be splashing the cash as many presume. It''s going to be a mixture of some new additions, retaining the nucleus of the existing squad and trying to introduce some of the younger players (the Murphys and Maddison) in particular.

We''re going to have to look at players not getting a runout in the Premier League or players who are plying their trade in the bottom half of the Championship or League 1. That''s the reality of our situation.

And so the summer begins.

Its going to be a long angst ridden one.

[quote user="Jacko"]The fact that some posters on this board genuinely believe the likes of Derby, Wednesday, Hull or Brighton are genuinely going to sell key players to us - a direct divisional rival, just shows how little comprehension of reality there is on here at times.

Whilst the Secret Footballer stuff is untrue, Charlie Wyett is reporting that we don''t have too much cash in the bank to spend on new players and we''ve got a high wage bill. So we''re realistically going to have to sell before we buy.

We aren''t going to be splashing the cash as many presume. It''s going to be a mixture of some new additions, retaining the nucleus of the existing squad and trying to introduce some of the younger players (the Murphys and Maddison) in particular.

We''re going to have to look at players not getting a runout in the Premier League or players who are plying their trade in the bottom half of the Championship or League 1. That''s the reality of our situation.[/quote]

You mean like Bournemouth not selling us Grabban or us not loaning Bassong to Watford?

The reality of the situation, as you put it, is that money talks and if we put up enough they will sell to us.

I understand that all of our players have relegation clauses, but that some also have release clauses. It is likely that our targets will have them too. If we meet those figures and the player wants to move (probably because we will pay them more) then we will sign them.

Brighton have previously valued Dunk at £6m, so his release clause is probably around that. He is the one I''d like above all others.

The more disturbing issue, which no one seems to have mentioned yet, is that Newcastle and Villa will be after the same players as us and both will pay more and be more attractive to a player than we are.

If we are going to do anything we need to do it very quickly, before either of those two get their act together.

I''m not so sure Villa is a more attractive proposition than Norwich City at this moment in time sgncfc.

The likes of Brighton, Derby WILL have to sell, as do all clubs in the championship who do not have the luxury of parachute payments to fall back on.

A couple of players who stood out when picking games for the PUPs thread, both are young and probably wouldn''t cost too much.Kevin Salazar (age 20) - skillfull two-footed Colombian who can play on the right and probably elsewhere in centre/advanced midfield.Varazdat Haroyan (age 23) - an Armenian international who can play at right back or centre back, maybe defensive midfield.

I had a long train journey the other day and rather than doing anything useful(!) I thought I would see who I would look at for CB this summer. I think we should be as ambitious as possible this summer with anyone we buy with a view to building a team for not just the championship, but the potential of the premiership too. Here''s a bit of the a list I ended up with

Liam Moore, Leo Lacroix, Bruno Ecuele Manga, (unlikely now that we are in the Championship, but worth also keeping tabs on Steven Caulker as no-one seems to want him as yet, and Djilobodji who is beyond surplus to requirements at Chelsea). There are other decent signings as centre back from within the Championship as well such as Lewis Dunk, Aden Flint. Might be able to pip Harry Maguire who hasn''t been playing regularly at Hull.

I would also like to see us bring in a new DM as well this summer and I see someone else said Bridcutt, which I think would be a pretty good shout I think, and I think he is a real possibility. Also worth a look on Frimpong on a free?