Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Dorrans to Villa?

I agree with Tilly. A tidy midfielder but nothing special and I would rather have O''Neil and Howson plus Tettey, Mulumbu or Vadis as back up.

Midfield is one area where we have much of a muchness.

Good player at champs level, why would we sell him to someone who could conceivably be a rival next season? Hope this isn''t true.

Could be something in it. We''re going to need to get the wage bill down and as said are overloaded with midfielders

To let any player go to Villa, Newcastle, Derby or Brighton would be foolish

So loads of punters and moaners see Villa and Newcastle go straight back up with Norwich City maybe in the playoff spots. Yet somehow, bit members from the Norwich City squad would somehow strengthen these massive clubs. Go figure. Someone quick, slap a £10m price tag on em.

[quote user="Dave"]To let any player go to Villa, Newcastle, Derby or Brighton would be foolish[/quote]Martin - Bassong? [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Dave"]To let any player go to Villa, Newcastle, Derby or Brighton would be foolish[/quote]Martin - Bassong? [:)][/quote]Now you''re talking![Y]

[quote user="It''s Character Forming"]So lending Bassong to Watford a couple of years back really undermined them?Two years is a long time in polit......I mean football![:)]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Would be foolish to dispense of him and doubly foolish to send him off to bolster Villa.[/quote]Bolster Villa! He can''t even make the Scotland squad [:|]Jokes aside though: wage bill - plenty in midfield - can''t keep ''em all.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]I agree with Tilly. A tidy midfielder but nothing special and I would rather have O''Neil and Howson plus Tettey, Mulumbu or Vadis as back up.

Midfield is one area where we have much of a muchness.[/quote]

I would never play O''Neil instead of Tettey, or an in form Mulumbu.

Chances are that we are going to lose some of those anyway. Mulumbu is on a big wage and Tettey is wanting a move.

It wouldn''t surprise me if a prem side came in for Howson either so it would be madness to sell a player with two promotions to a rival.

Look at the success that Derby have had with our cast offs, also look at Ayala, Snodgrass and Hooper.

Newcastle are now said to be after Bamford.

I don''t think Dorrans is our best midfielder but we must try and keep players including Bassong and Martin.

Horses for courses

No great loss provided they stump up the cash let him go to try to inspire their foreign mercenaries, £4m will do.

We should only allow a player to leave when we have secured a replacement. Ideally get your targets in first and then let the surplus to requirements to leave!

They could have both Mullumbu and Dorrans if it meant keeping Tettey & Howson. With O''Neil and Thompson then Niasmith Wes and Maddison we have a lot of cover through the middle.

Would swell the budget and bring down the wages, good all round.

We still have enough to get up and build on our future, not keep players who are just not good enough if we get up.

Indy, Naismith Wes and Maddison don''t play center mid. They play attacking mid. I don''t think you''d want to see what would happen to Wes in a holding midfield role. Really that leaves Howson, Tettey, O''Neil, mulumbu, Ofoe and Dorrans as our midfielders. Well stocked, but that''s no reason to slash our depth. I doubt Dorrans is on ridiculous wages. Hope I didn''t forget any midfielders. How many non league 1 appearances does Thompson have?

I''ve seen enough games to know where Wes, Naismith and Maddison play, thanks, they play in the advanced link up through the centre, again my point is we have cover in the midfield and can revert to alternative game plan to suit each game.

Again I''d rather have Tettey & Howson and lose Mullumbu and Dorrans, just my opinion.

Ok I see what you mean. I agree with you, Mulumbu and Dorrans are replaceable. Tettey and Howson are much more central to the team and would be more difficult to replace. Don''t want to take this off topic, but has O''Neil signed his extension we offered him yet?

Not sure but his performances last year warrant another 12 months and would be great for the likes of Thompson to learn from.

Not heard if he''s signed think he will.

I wouldn''t lose any sleep if O''Neil moved on. He''s a decent player but shouldn''t be first choice.

Agree GJP, but would rather sell Dorrans for a few million and keep O''Neil as back up.

GJP for me ONeil is just what we need to get us back up, to be discarded of course when we get there, as he must know.

We need these older heads to assist the young potential PL players that our excellent scouting network will surely be identifying.😄

I agree. I''d rather cash in on Dorrans and have O''Neil for backup.

I like Dorrans enough to think selling him to a rival should at the least be expensive for the buying team.

[quote user="GJP"]I agree. I''d rather cash in on Dorrans and have O''Neil for backup.[/quote]

And when he helps Villa go up instead of us we''ll be glad of that cash.