Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Alas just not going to happen this season

A great shame the team played very well today but yet again undone by late goals and an inability to take chances = relegation. The front players are not good enough nor are the defense, frustratingly we are not a massive way from being good enough to stay up, but i suspect we may finish up with less than the 33 we came down with last time. Mc Nally put the managerial issue to bed so no merit in exploring that any more. We have failed to win since the festive period so the probability of 5 wins at least from the last 11 games is not impossible but nevertheless remote.

Already re newed my season ticket, always will, watching Norwich is as Forrest Gump said like eating a box of chocolates. 4 promotions and 5 relegation''s will be the tally since i started going so football life is never boring

We''ve never looked as convincing this season as we did last time we were promoted and with our fellow promoted teams unlikely to go down we are relying on clubs with more talented squads to carry on being as poor as they''ve been so far.

Simply, we can''t score enough and can''t keep clean sheets and a dreadful summer transfer window is to blame for that.

We look a lot better than we did in the last season of Houghton''s reign. For his last few matches I gave myself a DIY morphine drip just to stop me hanging myself from the upper Barclay railings.

Not that it matters much but i am not so sure we are any better than the last relegation season, . Houghton kept getting a result just as he was about to be sacked and with 6 games ago there was a chance albeit slim of staying up. Of course there is a chance now but it may well be with 6 to go this season we are second bottom and all but finished

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A great shame the team played very well today but yet again undone by late goals and an inability to take chances = relegation. The front players are not good enough nor are the defense, frustratingly we are not a massive way from being good enough to stay up, but i suspect we may finish up with less than the 33 we came down with last time. Mc Nally put the managerial issue to bed so no merit in exploring that any more. We have failed to win since the festive period so the probability of 5 wins at least from the last 11 games is not impossible but nevertheless remote.

Already re newed my season ticket, always will, watching Norwich is as Forrest Gump said like eating a box of chocolates. 4 promotions and 5 relegation''s will be the tally since i started going so football life is never boring[/quote]Agreed9 promotions and 7 relegations for me.Could soon be 8 but I still live in hope.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]We look a lot better than we did in the last season of Houghton''s reign. For his last few matches I gave myself a DIY morphine drip just to stop me hanging myself from the upper Barclay railings.[/quote]

That''s very true! That was sooooo depressing to watch that utter dross.

Yorkshire - you suspect we will end up with less than 33 points, I suspect we will have at least 33 points this season.

Do you fancy putting a £20 wager on that (for Rays Funds)?

[quote user="morty"]Where do you go Yorkshire when we''re playing well and / or winning?[/quote]
[quote user="cityangel"]Morty - same place as Keith Scott and Baldyboy maybe[/quote]
They must have the same timeshare as Derby Canary, Highland Canary and Daly,

well it might have happened if we had won our cup games.ONE point on the board since FA Cup Rd 3.It''s been torturous so far this season, we need a miracle now.

Cantiaci, we are not just starting to be a yo yo club, reality is we have been a yo yo club since Saunders first took us up to the top flight back in 1972, apart from a 8 or 9 season stay in the top flight and a similar stay in the Champs in that period. The yo yo effect has increased since the millenium, but not just us Hull and Burnley.  Look at the Champs, even L1, there are lots of clubs with this yo yo effect. The opposite of that is stability, but that can mean good or bad, would you be desirous of Ipswichs  Championship stability?The top flight has always been tough for a club  such as City, im sure the stats would bear that out. Would be interesting to know how many top flight seasons City have achieved since Saunders took us up, and of those seasons, how many times we won more than we lost, also how many times we had a plus goal difference as opposed to a minus one.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Cantiaci, we are not just starting to be a yo yo club, reality is we have been a yo yo club since Saunders first took us up to the top flight back in 1972, apart from a 8 or 9 season stay in the top flight and a similar stay in the Champs in that period. The yo yo effect has increased since the millenium, but not just us Hull and Burnley.  Look at the Champs, even L1, there are lots of clubs with this yo yo effect. The opposite of that is stability, but that can mean good or bad, would you be desirous of Ipswichs  Championship stability?The top flight has always been tough for a club  such as City, im sure the stats would bear that out. Would be interesting to know how many top flight seasons City have achieved since Saunders took us up, and of those seasons, how many times we won more than we lost, also how many times we had a plus goal difference as opposed to a minus one.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Essjayess"]Cantiaci, we are not just starting to be a yo yo club, reality is we have been a yo yo club since Saunders first took us up to the top flight back in 1972, apart from a 8 or 9 season stay in the top flight and a similar stay in the Champs in that period. The yo yo effect has increased since the millenium, but not just us Hull and Burnley.  Look at the Champs, even L1, there are lots of clubs with this yo yo effect. The opposite of that is stability, but that can mean good or bad, would you be desirous of Ipswichs  Championship stability?The top flight has always been tough for a club  such as City, im sure the stats would bear that out. Would be interesting to know how many top flight seasons City have achieved since Saunders took us up, and of those seasons, how many times we won more than we lost, also how many times we had a plus goal difference as opposed to a minus one.[/quote]We have had 25 seasons out of 44 in the top flight. We had 17 out of 20 in the old Division One and now 8 out of 24 in the Premier League. That disparity is essentially explained by the economic and financial changes in English football in that time, with - in brief - Norwich City first benefiitting from the collapse of traditional British manufacturing industries and then increasingly suffering from the influx of millionaires and billionaires.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Cantiaci, we are not just starting to be a yo yo club, reality is we have been a yo yo club since Saunders first took us up to the top flight back in 1972, apart from a 8 or 9 season stay in the top flight and a similar stay in the Champs in that period. The yo yo effect has increased since the millenium, but not just us Hull and Burnley.  Look at the Champs, even L1, there are lots of clubs with this yo yo effect. The opposite of that is stability, but that can mean good or bad, would you be desirous of Ipswichs  Championship stability?The top flight has always been tough for a club  such as City, im sure the stats would bear that out. Would be interesting to know how many top flight seasons City have achieved since Saunders took us up, and of those seasons, how many times we won more than we lost, also how many times we had a plus goal difference as opposed to a minus one.[/quote]

I agree.

Personally, with the financial backing we have, I''m happy to be a yo yo ... far better than stagnating like Town.

If we moved to being owned by billionaires, like Bournemouth, then I would hope for a permanent place in the lower middle of the top flight.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Essjayess"]Cantiaci, we are not just starting to be a yo yo club, reality is we have been a yo yo club since Saunders first took us up to the top flight back in 1972, apart from a 8 or 9 season stay in the top flight and a similar stay in the Champs in that period. The yo yo effect has increased since the millenium, but not just us Hull and Burnley.  Look at the Champs, even L1, there are lots of clubs with this yo yo effect. The opposite of that is stability, but that can mean good or bad, would you be desirous of Ipswichs  Championship stability?The top flight has always been tough for a club  such as City, im sure the stats would bear that out. Would be interesting to know how many top flight seasons City have achieved since Saunders took us up, and of those seasons, how many times we won more than we lost, also how many times we had a plus goal difference as opposed to a minus one.[/quote][Y][/quote]

Blimey, this is all a bit sensible for this forum.

You are completely right of course. Every season in the PL means we are punching above our weight so as long as we get one or two every 6 or 7 years we can be stable.

Everyone goes on about money, but Leicester haven''t bought their current position despite their wealthy owners. Their upturn relates directly to them buying Robert Huth - an experienced PL centre back. We should have learnt that lesson......