Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Will we win another premiership match?

I fear we may not win another match in the top league,we knew in the close season we needed to find ourselves a striker and it was obvious we needed to get someone in the transfer window,but we failed both times and it looks as if it will cost us. Jerome is ok in the championship but he is not a quality finisher ,can''t blame the manager he has tried almost every combination of strikers and defenders there is available.except lafferty ,time to give him a go ,can''t do any worse .

No we won''t.

Reasons being Alex Neil ain''t good enough at this level. Strikers can''t score goals. Our defence is weak.

This all should have been addressed last summer

I don''t blame Alex ,but money should have been available to sign a quality striker and other players in the summer and in the transfer window,don''t know what was available at the time but we seem to have got players other clubs don''t want. Investment in staying up should have been the main issue .

Of course, it was August''s failure and resultant underperformance, especially in the pre-Christmas set of easier home games, which has left us scrabbling around for points at tricky away games, or needing to beat the likes of Chelsea or Citey at Carrow Road. It seems entirely random as to whether we''re likely to turn up in Wales with a Watford/Villaesc level of performance or one with some level of credibility.

How is it that the strikers who dont get picked would have always buried the chances the striker on the pitch misses.

Stop moaning grrrr

Tue Mar 1
Chelsea (7.45pm)    Draw
H
Sat Mar 5
Swansea City            Draw
A
Sat Mar 12
Manchester City (12.45pm)    Lose
H
Sat Mar 19
West Brom    Lose
A
Sat Apr 2
Newcastle United   Win
H
Sat Apr 9
Crystal Palace   Win
A
Sat Apr 16
Sunderland (12.45pm)   Win
H
Sat Apr 23
Watford   Lose
H
Sat Apr 30
Arsenal (5.30pm)  Lose
A
Sat May 7
Manchester United  Lose
H
Sun May 15
Everton  Draw Leaving us with 36 points I only hope that''s enough !
A

[quote user="cityangel"]Ps what is that cake doing on my last post double grrrr[/quote]Thought you liked cake.................[;)]  and stop grrrrrrring!!

[quote user="JF"]Play as we did yesterday and we will be fine.[/quote]

I really don''t understand this view. I see that Craig Bellamy agrees with you though.

If we play like we did yesterday i.e. not scoring a goal, we will be relegated.

We have to be honest. Even allowing for Newcastle and Sunderland not getting to 40 points, we will have to get to at least 38 to have a chance. That''s 14 more points.

If we beat both of them at home, that''s 6. Are we likely to get any more points from other home games against Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd? No. That leaves Watford at home - perhaps a draw? That''s 7.

So we need 7 points from our away games. We won''t get anything at Arsenal or Everton so we need 7 points from Swansea, West Brom & Crystal Palace. That''s 2 wins and a draw. When we have two wins away all season.

It simply ain''t going to happen.

Like everyone else, I will keep hoping, but barring an absolute miracle we are going down and I think we all know that really.

For me, it was the Liverpool game. Had we won that or even held on for the point I think we would have gone on to better things, but since then we have gone a long way backwards.

We may scrape 1, at most 2 wins, but will not be enough by a long way.Taking the last relegated season we were in the Prem 2 years ago, and this season, we have won 14 games from 65 played, thats just dire, but its reality how brutal this league is for us.

[quote user="JF"]Play as we did yesterday and we will be fine.[/quote]

How can you say this? When did we last win? We lost yesterday and we didn''t score. We conceded with no time left because we gave the ball away. We didn''t know how to see it out. Have to be very worried now.

alartz wrote the following post at 28/02/2016 12:09 PM:

JF wrote:
Play as we did yesterday and we will be fine.

What and lose again!

Wake up mate. Going down!

Maybe. But if we consistently perform to the level set yesterday we won''t be going down.

I''m confident we''ll beat Newcastle and Sunderland at Carrow Road.  Throw in perhaps two or three draws on top of that, this leaves us finishing around the 33 point mark and playing Championship football next season.The next eleven games will be our farewell tour. Enjoy it. Who knows how many years it will be before we''re back in the Premier League?