Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

FFS give Naismith 90 mins

For £8 million i think he is a bit of a let down , looked decent on his debut done nothing since . Got to give Bamford some game time surely or what was the point pursuing him , he must feel more deflated than at Palace .

[quote user="ron obvious"]Because he''s knackered?[/quote]Everton fans raved about his work rate, never giving up, up and down the pitch for 90 mins. I assumed this meant he had fantastic stamina, ergo, he would last 90 mins every game.

I''m not having that he''s knackered..............if he can only last 75 mins each game, perhaps he needs to ration his work rate more evenly over a game??

If we''re spending £8.5m on someone, I''d expect him to be able to contribute for the full 90 mins

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''m not having that he''s knackered..............if he can only last 75 mins each game, perhaps he needs to ration his work rate more evenly over a game??

If we''re spending £8.5m on someone, I''d expect him to be able to contribute for the full 90 mins[/quote]

Just shows what you get for £8 million when you are desperate an Everton Bench Warmer

Don''t blame the club remember Mr McNally said we scoured Europe for players and everything he says is true!!!!!!!!

[quote user="CanaryOne"]For £8 million i think he is a bit of a let down , looked decent on his debut done nothing since . Got to give Bamford some game time surely or what was the point pursuing him , he must feel more deflated than at Palace .[/quote]
It doesn''t help when AN has played him on the left recently, he looks a lot better through the middle

he was rubbish yesterday, every pass was backwards/sideways, when we had the chance to push forward he came back with the ball instead of trying to beat his man, its not what hes good athes not a winger and wasted out wide (as every everton fan will tell you), we should have started with jarvis on the left

Naismith look unsettled and unhappy since come here.

Look like player who is unfit and 90 min seems too much for him.

very poor yesterday with Howson and Redmond having good game is pity that Naismith have day off.

As our strikers can''t seem to find the back of the net, jury out on Bamford and Laffs, I would stick Naismith up top, with Wes behind, got to be worth a try.

If we are going to stick with a back 5 then it will be hard to get Naismith into a central position.
You could try something like the below, but Tettey is not quite good enough to be our only DM though Howson could sit deeper to support him (he was my MoM yesterday).
                        Ruddy
            Martin   Klose  Bassong
Pinto                                         Brady
                         Tettey

Redmond             Howson
                       Naismith
                        Striker

given neither mbokani or jerome can hit a barn door id give him a chance as the lone striker, hes got a high enough work rate to do it

ruddy     martin bennett klosepinto                        olsson         howson tetteyredmond                 brady              naismith

preferably id like to see us play 442 and chuck it all at the opposition               ruddy   pinto bennett klose olssonredmond mulumbu tettey brady         naismith jerome

Mbokani can''t hit a barn door?

Could you please remind me of all those chances that he''s spurned? All those gilt-edged opportunities thrown away?

Some people just see what they want to see. I wonder why.

When Jerome plays, we work the opposition harder in their own half, look a bit more dangerous and create more chances. Trouble is Jerome isn''t clinical enough to convert sufficiently at this level. Mbokani looks like he''s a better finisher but doesn''t cause the same hassle for defences and consequently less scoring opportunities. Whatever about the deficiencies of our defence, for me it''s the striker issue that will probably relegate us. Hope I''m wrong and there are still lots of points to play for.

Bamford might get a start soon, I''m assuming he''s unavailable for Chelsea game. 3 points is very possible at home against Chelsea, they''re improving but beatable. I wonder will AN stick with 5 at the back? Will Jerome start? Will Wes be available? Naismith to start? Roll on Tuesday!

"given neither mbokani or jerome can hit a barn door"

Mbokani is comfortably the best finisher at the club.

I''m sure we can expect the usual changes that happen each week,

Pity they never work

Back on topic if Naismith is knackered then he needs to come off - we''ve still got a lot of games left and he will be an important figure for us. Risking him getting overtired or injured isn''t really worth it