Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Leicester vs NCFC Official Unofficial Match Thread

Only losing away from home in the last few minutes to the team who may well win the league suggests to me that we are far from down.

Too many times we play well and come away with nothing to show for it. We fail to convert chances by the bucketload. We played well but come away empty handed yet again. Same against Man City, same against Stoke at home etc etc.
I fear the writing is on the wall now but if we''re to have any chance then we MUST keep the same system. Every time we''ve used it we look so much more solid in defence and we don''t really have any attacking potency in any formation so it''s not like we lose any! 
Got to say as well, thought Pinto was class today. Might not be the best RB in the world but he''s definitely a decent wing back!

we seems refreshed after abu dhabi but again too much pain to lose at 88 min counter...

Pity face chelsea and man city next 2 home and refreshment will gone too quick.

Pinto so fast and good in attack but never full back for premiere league struggler team.

Naismith so slow and Klose too often bad positioning.

20 milion on this 3 but no impact at all ...

Only chance for us is to win direct games at home.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This thread took a whileto come to life this week...

We played well. I''m not giving up...[/quote]we did.. I only managed to see the 2nd half online but we looked solid at the back. just needed a bit of belief up front but if we play like this every week we''ll all be laughing by mid April.

Is AN scared to bring subs on?  Especially away from home and when we are not in a too bad a situation, i.e., not losing?Was he really playing for a 0-0 second half, with our defence!?  It''s groundhog day all over again.  Yet again another week, when we are outdone by the opposition''s in game tactical changes and substitutions. Conversely, when ours are absolutely terrible and our game management shocking.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This thread took a whileto come to life this week...

We played well. I''m not giving up...[/quote]

It''s like pushing a piece of string up Gas Hill, you know its probably a futile exercise but you don''t want to give up.

First time I see when we at good result last 10 minutes to not make defensive substitutions and to back so deep at own field.

Almost work but again Tettey was not smart enough to play sure ball at key area and all positive work was gone.

Containing an opponent only goes so far.

As we saw as we missed our chance with jerome we then lose.

Bamford should see if he plays well this week his chance can come. But lord we need conviction in our attack.

Well Chelsea next... Come AN and group I am sick of words in the press it is about getting as many 3 points from every game. We need a run very very soon

They have set the standard needed now, match after match. Play that way and I can''t see us going down

A real shame we couldn''t see the game out. How many points lost now in the last few minutes? And Bournemouth picked up a valuable point at Watford.

Still, we competed so all''s not lost.

The subs excuse is a red herring. The truth is that we had several decent chances and didn''t score. Leicester didn''t have much but they scored. The margins are very fine in this league and todays game was a perfect example of that.

Yes we are going down, ive said it since season start, said it after the Southampton win, but...that dont matter a jot to me, today was oh so much better. More nearer the team i think most of us want to see each week, and City played much much better. Great to see Pinto and Benno in the team, must give Bamford more time on the pitch, hes due it.  To many matches this season City have been awful, today they showed effort and desire, and as a City fan that means more to me than results. Dont care if we are in the Prem or Champs, if we can build on today and keep the players  picked, keep playing  more this way, then pride returns. Well done Alex for finally getting the players and the style  much more acceptable at last. Just work on your subs and bringing them on earlier please.

Broadstairs, I thought Jerome played well today. He ran them down & harried back all the time.

Unfortunately, however, he''s not a PL standard striker. I think it''s best to start with him & take him off at 60-70 mins (when he''s knackered). & bring on Bamford or Mbokani (who I still think is the more likely player to get you a goal; I''ve seen nothing to suggest that Bamford has the right stuff to be a PL striker).

Subs were really difficult today when the whole team was playing so cohesively. Definitely an area of his management where Neil needs to improve.

We ought to have had Mbokani start as Leicester sat back in the first half. Then brought Jerome or Bamford on in the second half as Leicester pressed forward more.

If it "don''t (sic) matter a jot to me" Essjayess, why do you keep repeating it?#repetitiveandboring

[quote user="Boris"]First time I see when we at good result last 10 minutes to not make defensive substitutions and to back so deep at own field.

Almost work but again Tettey was not smart enough to play sure ball at key area and all positive work was gone.[/quote]I agree with this re Tettey. he''s a good player but his football intelligence is lacking, he was chasing a ball today and instead of trying to win the throw in he waited for the Leicester player and tried to steal it off him.thing is the other guy was quicker and stronger, Tettey should have played for the throw. there’s a couple of other times he makes runs to nowhere or switches play when unnecessary.

[quote user="ron obvious"]!!! Has Tettey interfered with your missus or something Boris?? You''re obsessed![/quote]

Im big fan of Tettey but he must clear his play at key moments and use his brain more!

Very stupid yellow card also last minutes with Spurs and Today at 88 min the last thing that need to do is to loose ball at this area when Leicester use his speed imo.

Tettey is very important to protect our back four but often have very slow turn with the ball on central line and simply at 0-0 with 2 min to go must be more clever and play simple ball without risk.

Interesting to see on MotD that Vardy''s scuffed touch took the ball away from Bennett and therefore left an open goal for Ulloa.  I had thought Bennett should have cleared the ball but I can now see why it eluded him.
In real time, and being at the opposite end of the pitch these nuances passed me (and I think everyone else) by.
Still, it was good to see us play so well and Leicester''s late goal isn''t going to be the thing that relegates us, if indeed we do go down.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="GJP"]We''re always worse off without Bassong. Hopefully we change that today.[/quote]

no we arent, hes got a mistake or two in him every single gameproof is in the pudding ;)[/quote]

HOLY S--- THE STUPID!

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]Just seen the goal again... Don''t mean to be nitpicking, but Bennett has to be more aware about who''s around him in that situation.[/quote]

He was simply atrocious all game long, hopefully the pathetic pining for him will stop.

Well, Boris, I''ve now watched the complete match version.

Howson (who had an excellent game) got robbed about 2 minutes before the goal.

That was the last time ANY NCFC player came to making a bad error in the lead up to the goal.

Like many others, you simply have an axe to grind against a particular Norwich player.