Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

FARHAD MOSHIRI

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]OP spectacularly misinformed. Or mistaken.[/quote]I cannot speak for the OP, of course, but I suspect when they said earlier on - well before the Everton deal had surfaced -  that..."I very much doubt we [Norwich City] are on his radar, but if he

[Moshiri] succeeds somewhere [with one of the PL clubs currently British-owned] that will take the number of foreign-owned clubs to

13 out of 20."
...that meant that, far from being misinformed, or mistaken, or least of all guilty of wishful thinking, they were being astutely prescient in foreshadowing a rise in the number of foreign-owned/invested Premier League clubs, but with us not involved.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Kingston Yellow"]OP spectacularly misinformed. Or mistaken.[/quote]I cannot speak for the OP, of course, but I suspect when they said earlier on - well before the Everton deal had surfaced -  that..."I very much doubt we [Norwich City] are on his radar, but if he

[Moshiri] succeeds somewhere [with one of the PL clubs currently British-owned] that will take the number of foreign-owned clubs to

13 out of 20."
...that meant that, far from being misinformed, or mistaken, or least of all guilty of wishful thinking, they were being astutely prescient in foreshadowing a rise in the number of foreign-owned/invested Premier League clubs, but with us not involved.
[/quote]Or you could have just said "Yeah, I got that spectacularly wrong"?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Kingston Yellow"]OP spectacularly misinformed. Or mistaken.[/quote]I cannot speak for the OP, of course, but I suspect when they said earlier on - well before the Everton deal had surfaced -  that..."I very much doubt we [Norwich City] are on his radar, but if he

13 out of 20."
[/quote]Or you could have just said "Yeah, I got that spectacularly wrong"?[/quote]If I had done I would have been honest enough to do. And - unlike some posters here who claim inside information but stay very quiet when shown to be in error - have done so in the past.But this was purely a bit of Friday night mischief-making with what I thought at the time was the obvious enough sign ("taps side of nose in supposedly significant manner") that it was not to be taken seriously. Next time I will plainly have to smother such posts with winking emoticons.In plain language I never thought Moshiri was buying Norwich City.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Kingston Yellow"]OP spectacularly misinformed. Or mistaken.[/quote]I cannot speak for the OP, of course, but I suspect when they said earlier on - well before the Everton deal had surfaced -  that..."I very much doubt we [Norwich City] are on his radar, but if he

13 out of 20."
[/quote]Or you could have just said "Yeah, I got that spectacularly wrong"?[/quote]If I had done I would have been honest enough to do. And - unlike some posters here who claim inside information but stay very quiet when shown to be in error - have done so in the past.But this was purely a bit of Friday night mischief-making with what I thought at the time was the obvious enough sign ("taps side of nose in supposedly significant manner") that it was not to be taken seriously. Next time I will plainly have to smother such posts with winking emoticons.In plain language I never thought Moshiri was buying Norwich City.[/quote][:D][Y]

to take a totally neutral standpoint, both everton and west brom would be ahead of norwich in the queue for potential `monied` takeover. the reason put simply is local catchment areas. they are both based in densely populated areas and have access to more people on the doorstep. norwich along with swansea both score quite low on that front. when the arab takeover happened at manchester city it was between city and everton, as both were seen as viable for the project envisaged, the only thing that counted against everton was the ground and the amount it would cost to rebuild, the lack of space around it and the fact that it would delay the whole project by about a decade.Norwich do need to be taken over by someone with deeper pockets, and more importantly a will to spend it, to gamble on staying up and not budget for relegation which can become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

"Moshiri, 60, sold his stake in Arsenal to business partner Alisher

Usmanov on Friday so he could buy into Everton, who play Chelsea in the

FA Cup quarter-finals next month.

"After an exhaustive search, I

believe we have found the perfect partner to take the club forward,"

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright said." (quote from the report on the BBC web site).

Really, Bill? Perfect?

Well I''m pretty sure perfect to push Everton on and secure their future, given the interviews coming out of the toffees.

Which city fans isn''t just a little envious, well apart from the normal Delia desiples who would just follow the gospel of the board......without question ;-)