Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

FARHAD MOSHIRI

Come on purple, your one of the more respected posters, spill the beans... Investment? Take over? Or will he be presenting the match ball as community hero?

He could mean the Iranian artist of the same name, who''s come to do a Delia family portrait.

No idea what''s going on here, some news outlets reporting he''s bought a bigger share of Arsenal to signify long-term commitment, whilst elsewhere it is reported he is in talks with buying Everton.

No thanks, I only want people dedicated to NCFC, not someone looking for a good time

Interesting that Usanov has bought out Moshiri''s shares at Arsenal, so is without a club so to speak. Conflicting reports about the Everton angle, Telegraph saying he wants to buy Everton, Toffeeweb saying is BS.

Wouldn''t mind really, been involved in football clubs for a while and god knows we could do with the investment.

Ah, got Toffeeweb bit wrong, they say that Usanov won''t buy Everton but could help broker a deal for Moshiri to buy them, so it doesn''t look like it will be us.

"Wouldn''t mind really, been involved in football clubs for a while and god knows we could do with the investment."

Agreed. It seems to be the only way to go nowadays.

Leicester have used/are using outside/foreign investment to break the monopoly of the big six.

The playing field needs evening out, imo. There''s only one way to achieve this.

A new era for NCFC?

Perhaps the more home-spun/small time Delia control has run it''s course.

Times change.

It would be interesting to get some actual facts behing this link/rumour.

1) Mr Purple usually chats on fairly sensibly.

2) Mr Purple hasn''t actually said anything apart from throwing a big name into the party.

Right, let''s not let facts get in the way of a good dose of hysteria, off you go boys

Even if the OP has presented us with one over-sized red herring, I would still consider the implications of any take-over, mythical or not, to be worthy of discussion on this forum in view of the fact that:-

(1) We are in a time when many other clubs are getting serious investment and we can be seen to being left out/ behind.

(2) Delia and Co. cannot go on forever and I would hope that they have a cessation of power firmly in mind. We cannot ignore this either.

(3) The whole business of obtaining a wealthy backer is fraught with danger, as many clubs have found out This, alone, is worth our consideration and now seems to be the pertinent time..

Dear me, talk about being damned with faint praise. Only just "one of more respected posters" and only "usually chats on fairly sensibly"...It was a bit of mischief-making, but not entirely without a point, since McNally, when asked about this on the recent podcast, emphasised how much money Leicester had spent getting promotion, and how if Bournemouth''s rise was a fairy-tale it was more of the Rockefeller variety than Cinderella.Farhad Moshiri has sold his stake in Arsenal to Usmanov, which should trigger an automatic (if probably fruitless) bid for Arsenal, since the latter now has hit the the 30 per cent ownership mark stipulated by the Takeover Code.The word is that Moshiri has sold up so he can buy a Premier League Club. Assuming he doesn''t try for one of the 12 already foreign-owned/invested (although Aston Villa might just appeal if he can stomach starting life in the Championship) that (trusting to Wiki) leaves only Everton Newcastle United, Norwich City, Spurs, Stoke, Swansea City, WBA and West Ham.I very much doubt we are on his radar, but if he succeeds somewhere that will take the number of foreign-owned clubs to 13 out of 20. And the situation is not dissimilar in the Championship, with (again according to Wiki) half the 24 clubs so owned.And that does, as McNally''s comments indicated, mean money. In terms of owners'' wealth we are the poorest club in the Premier League, with only Swansea and WBA below the £100m mark. Even more strikingly, we would seemingly be the poorest club in the Championship!The ideal for us would be a billionaire who was willing to accept constraints that ensured they never threatened the club''s soul and its heritage, but then that really would be a fairy-story ending...

What I don''t really understand though is the impact that FFP was supposed to have upon this? I thought thatthis should have evened out the process to a significant extent?

OP:

"You heard it here first (taps side of nose in supposedly significant manner)."

That suggests a bit more than mischief making to me.

Nevertheless the topic is overdue our attention, with reference to the points about time for a change of ownership and with reasons already given above.

Even though a few of those clubs on Purple''s list aren''t foreign owned, their owners are still extremely wealthy and would take a hell of a lot to buy out. I don''t think he''ll end up here, but if he''s looking for a PL club his options are basically us, Everton, Swansea and West Brom.

Everton are by far the most attractive of the 4 but I cant see any reason the other two would be more attractive than us. So you never know.

We''re going to get a serious offer one day as the money for being in the PL just keeps inflating. I just hope we make the right call on who to sell to. I''d take a multi millionaire who would run the club sensibly and wouldn''t change the kit/badge/name etc over a billionaire who would make us his vanity project