Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Alex Neil still not learnt enough

[quote user="lappinitup"]We won''t go down.....[/quote]
Based on what evidence? We have 1 point from the last seven games, next week it will be 1 point in eight, it''s been two months since we''ve won a game, we''re conceding 2.7 goals a game, only Palace is in worse form than us.
We are going down, that is a certainty.

Can''t believe anyone still can''t see that our Scottish hill-billy of a manager is way out of his depth - as he was last season and has been all of this. Under his guidance good players have become average and average players have become dreadful. We are going down and, if he remains next season, we won''t be coming back up

I''m amazed he''s not gone yet. All that premier league money and little old Norwich can only afford a motley crew of chancers from North of the border. One purple patch fuelled by parachute money and the board deludedly think they''ve just employed the next Bill Shankly.

The absolute last person I''d blame for where we are.

If we go down and happen to stay down after 4 years we''ll be one of if not the poorest (financially) team in the Championship let alone this bloody league. Our players just aren''t good enough to stay up in this very tough year, we put in plenty of effort and often have a visible effective gameplan but we just lack quality all over the park.

It''s quite telling that after such an abysmal run the only criticism of Neil is coming from those who just moan about everything all the bloody time. Most fans are sensible enough to understand the situation and know that the club/players/management team are doing everything they can to keep us up. Neil is not responsible for things like glaring misses that Cureton circa 2008 would have stuck away, bias ref''s, poor luck and individual mistakes every single game.

If we''re nowhere near a takeover we better hope our academy starts producing some 5m+ players soon because as it is, it appears we can no longer rely on just spending the TV money we get to compete in this league.....Unless we stay up, sack Neil and appoint Pulis when he leaves WBA at the end of the season of course, he''d stabilize us, but it would be unbearable to watch and would destroy the fans morale. If we didn''t like Hughton even when it was going well I don''t think the board will go down that route again for a while.

[quote user="Ginja"]
We are going down, that is a certainty.
[/quote]Your statement is factually incorrect. That is a certainty.

I do find it fascinating that any negative statements on here get a torrent of abuse whereas the more optimistic on here who still hope we will stay up never face such statements.

I do worry when a manager starts blaming players , these are the ones he has picked not replaced when plenty of time to do so!

I really can not believe we could have not afforded or attracted a cb this summer, the complete lack of cover for these positions has been a disgrace given the chances of injury , red cards etc and that comes right down to the manager. AN has been trying pick and mix on back line all season hoping to find solution that just isnt there!

In reality I am afraid any other club in this league would have sacked AN by now , which reflects the sad truth of being in one of thetoughest leagues in the world with the rewards so large and the gulf to the lower leagues growing by the day both financially and performance levels.

CJ, I think it''s the fact that the negative statements are made by the same old people who are negative about anything just for the sake of it, and are amazed that anybody else could possibly think anything different.

Well C J, take Thetford Yellow''s statement-"Way out of his depth-as he was last season".

Alex Neil SAVED our season last season. Thetford''s statement is the sort of absolute lie that deserves abuse, more abuse and then even more abuse. Total scum-loving remi of the lowest order.

[quote user="CJ"]I do find it fascinating that any negative statements on here get a torrent of abuse whereas the more optimistic on here who still hope we will stay up never face such statements.

I do worry when a manager starts blaming players , these are the ones he has picked not replaced when plenty of time to do so!

I really can not believe we could have not afforded or attracted a cb this summer, the complete lack of cover for these positions has been a disgrace given the chances of injury , red cards etc and that comes right down to the manager. AN has been trying pick and mix on back line all season hoping to find solution that just isnt there!

In reality I am afraid any other club in this league would have sacked AN by now , which reflects the sad truth of being in one of thetoughest leagues in the world with the rewards so large and the gulf to the lower leagues growing by the day both financially and performance levels.[/quote]A fair post CJ, but I have to take issue with the bit in red. We know that AN has 100% control over which players we attempt to sign - McNally said as much in his recent interview - but it''s not as if he thought "Oh we''ll be fine with what we''ve got". He said that right up to the wire in August they were trying to bring in a CB, and were waiting on players and agents. We know that our budget is small, so agents are likely to advise their clients to hold out for a better deal, particularly with foreign players who would have to adapt to a new league and so on. If we then sign someone for way over the odds he''ll get castigated, if we sign an unknown player or someone without a proven pedigree he''ll get castigated... I think you need to cut him a bit of slack there. He''s a young manager and we''re not a rich club, so it''s not the perfect move for a lot of players and it takes a lot of persuasion and a confluence of factors to get these transfers over the line. With the amount of money at stake, patience is in shorter supply than ever - and if staying in the Premier League at all costs is our mantra, then I freely admit AN might not have the nous to keep us there. However, who could guarantee us survival from this position? And even if we do stay up with the ''dead cat bounce'' from a new manager, is it worth it in the long run, when all the coaches, training methods, formations and tactics will change with the new man?I for one am prepared to take a longer-term view and give AN the chance to learn from his mistakes and build something sustainable. If we shuffled the pack every time we lost a few games on the bounce we''d end up like Leeds. Of course there has to be a limit - if we go down and are stuck in mid-table at Christmas still making the same tactical errors, fair enough - but please let''s not pass judgement too quickly.