Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Alex Neil still not learnt enough

0-0 against top of table , game getting stretched and frantic .

We have still not used all our subs two still left , that is TWO more breaks in play to calm things down waste time let crowd go quiet etc.

But no wait until we go one down and even then Bamford comes on and nearly scores, better than rest of forwards all match!

I still believe season too soon for AN to manage in top league , trouble is feel he will have lost all confidence when we go down .

[quote user="CJ"]0-0 against top of table , game getting stretched and frantic .

We have still not used all our subs two still left , that is TWO more breaks in play to calm things down waste time let crowd go quiet etc.

But no wait until we go one down and even then Bamford comes on and nearly scores, better than rest of forwards all match!

I still believe season too soon for AN to manage in top league , trouble is feel he will have lost all confidence when we go down .[/quote]We won''t go down.....

I must have dreamt Jerome''s blinding miss then!

You believe that this was too soon for AN to manage in this League. Did you say this anytime before August 2015?

He seems clueless about the substitution business.

They are supposed to change the flow of the game.

Somebody remind me when his (delayed) substitutions have ever, ever achieved this.

Too late.

Like for like.

It has become a pattern.

perhaps he should take a leaf out of Ranieri''s book yesterday.All three Leicester subs worked for him and all three were influential in THE goal.

Great stuff Broadstairs.

So all season long we''ve been hearing on here how Neil supposedly tinkers too much and we''ve been told to look at how Ranieri has kept it settled at Leicester.

Now apparently Neil doesn''t change things round enough and should have taken a leaf out of Ranieri''s tinkering approach yesterday.

Priceless!

Why on earth would Alex have changed things with substitutions earlier?! We were playing well, and the goal came out of nothing. We looked the more likely side to score in the preceding ten or fifteen minutes... Arguably before that, too.Imagine he''d changed it around, and we''d still gone on to lose? We''d have been subjected to the same old rubbish we''ve been hearing from the Pinkun and Canary Call all season long - he ''tinkers'' too much.He''s a young manager, still learning, and managing a team with the lowest budget in the division. What on earth were some of you people expecting from this season, other than relegation struggle?!

"So all season long we''ve been hearing on here how Neil supposedly tinkers too much and we''ve been told to look at how Ranieri has kept it settled at Leicester.

Now apparently Neil doesn''t change things round enough and should have taken a leaf out of Ranieri''s tinkering approach yesterday."

Two different things entirely.

Changing the set-up of the side at the outcome is one thing.

Making substitutions within the game is another.

Entirely different.

"Why on earth would Alex have changed things with substitutions earlier?! We were playing well, and the goal came out of nothing. We looked the more likely side to score in the preceding ten or fifteen minutes... Arguably before that, too.Imagine he''d changed it around, and we''d still gone on to lose? We''d have been subjected to the same old rubbish we''ve been hearing from the Pinkun and Canary Call all season long - he ''tinkers'' too much.He''s a young manager, still learning, and managing a team with the lowest budget in the division. What on earth were some of you people expecting from this season, other than relegation struggle?"

I mostly agree with this but Jerome was left on for too long.

I would have put Bamford on much earlier.

Also, a point away to the league leaders would have been good, but we are in such a position whereby we need to look for very opportunity to get a three-pointer.

Ranieri said as much ... "In the first half they were looking for 0-0, in the second half both teams were looking to win it."

Jerome had already missed one (possibly two) decent chances.

It wasn''t his game. We needed a change upfront earlier.

I think it was clear that Jerome wasn''t going to score in this game, where as Mbokani has come of the bench in several previous matches to change the outcome. Mbokani is just as much up for the battle with players like Morgan and Huth, has better control, better vision and execution, and always looks more likely to score. He just doesn''t run around as much.

Thank you Hampstead.

That''s basically my point, although apparently substitutions within the game are called "tinkering."

Substitutions in the current game, such as it is, define a manager. AN is not too successful at this art as yet.

Ranieri is.

Let''s hope he (AN) learns from a master.

Except, that''s not your point, is it? Your point is to whinge and moan, as so many on this forum love to do, even when it''s not justified.Was Ranieri a ''master'' of substitutions when presiding over Greece''s debacle in the Euro qualifying groups? Or even a fortnight ago, when his team let a lead slip away at Arsenal? No, evidently not. But today he got it right, with the aid of a stroke of luck in the form of the tiniest of touches from Vardy and a small switch off at the back.Alex has proven he can change a game with a substitution. See Vadis being brought off the bench to change the game earlier in the season against Southampton or Everton, or whoever it was. Did you sing his praises after that one, i wonder?Yesterday, however, did not call for a substitution to be made. Jerome was playing well, winning plenty in the air against Huth and Morgan, and his pace was causing all sorts of problems for their slow centre-back pairing. To claim that removing him from the pitch would''ve necessarily made us more likely to score is nothing more than ignorance and guess work.

But for 43 minutes of the second half, it was working, and as you (Ranieri) point out, we were going for the win, so are you splitting hairs over 2 minutes?

Were people screaming for subs, after say, 70 minutes yesterday? We had a shape and a plan, that was working very well, why on earth change it?

It''s neither:

" ignorance and guess work."

It''s an opinion, no more or less than your assertions are an opinion.

I am a happy clapper as far as AN is concerned, but he does have limitations that cannot be ignored.

He nearly got it right yesterday, but not quite, as the result testifies.

Because we needed three points, and Mbokani actually helps us keep possession a lot better and is a better finisher. The plan was working well, but not well enough. We should have been 1-0 up at half time but Jerome can''t hit a barn door from 5 yards.

And once again, you''re wrong.My assertions are based on what happened on the pitch for the first 89 minutes of the match. Yours are based on your imagination.I know which has more weight and worth behind it.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I must have dreamt Jerome''s blinding miss then!

You believe that this was too soon for AN to manage in this League. Did you say this anytime before August 2015?[/quote]

Yes Crabby in fact I said to my son straight after Wembly match and reinforced over summer transfer window with no new cb bought

"And once again, you''re wrong.My assertions are based on what happened on the pitch for the first 89 minutes of the match. Yours are based on your imagination"

What the hell are you on about?

Hampstead in the posting above yours explains our stance well enough.

Is he factually correct or is he imagining things?

We put up a good (rearguard) show yesterday, but we came away with nil points.

You seem to think that yesterday''s defeat should be showered with praise.

We ended up with a defeat. You seem defeatist in accepting defeat as a virtual victory just because we held on for 89 minutes.

Can I remind you that we lost the game?

About time everyone on this board learn that Alex Neil ain''t good enough in this league and 1 point from 7 games is s**t and bottom of the league form.

Anywhere else he would have been shown the door.

Didn''t you say that the team selection against Leicester proved that Neil had "lost the plot" Alartz? Why should anyone need to learn from somebody who clearly has no idea themselves?

I''m fully behind Neil but do agree with some of what Broadstairs is saying. Jerome understandably begins to tire around 70/75 minutes whenever he starts and I don''t see why Neil doesn''t immediately freshen things up with Mbokani or Bamford. The amount of times it gets to 80/85 minutes and I''m wondering when he''s going to make the change!!

When''s the last time AN changes from the bench changed the game in our favour? When was the last impact from the bench?

I can''t remember.

what i dont understand is last season when we got us up it was AN is such a great manager etc

now we are 1 pt in 21 bottom of the form table dropping like a stone its the players not good enough

well you can not have it both ways

so when things going well its because the manager

when we are losing its the players not good enough

well how about the manager not good enough

and all Mcnally can worry about him getting poached and how lucky we are to have him Rubbish

[quote user="CJ"]0-0 against top of table , game getting stretched and frantic .

I still believe season too soon for AN to manage in top league , trouble is feel he will have lost all confidence when we go down .[/quote]

The game was not frantic at all last minutes,and AN at his post match talk say that think we feel comfortable and because that he not make subs.

He is too young for PL so is normal to make much mistakes.

I think you can have it both ways. When AN was being praised it was because he motivated a team to promotion who were misfiring. He did really well.

But promotion meant the team needed strengthening and wasn''t. So actually it is that the players are not good enough....not the manager.

The change in division is what merits the shift in focus.