Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

and the new manager is...

I quite like the idea of Steve Bruce coming back. At least the guy''s got passion and a bit of spine.Problem is that apparently Newcastle want him too.Jeez, just imagine if we got Souness!!

If you think Francis ''s leaving of Norwich was bad then let me tell you it was happy families and cards on the table dealing compared with the way Bruce pressured the club into his Manchester United transfer.

I''m not saying that after 18 years we shouldn''t all let bygones be bygones....personally I would but it is fair to say that Bruce would have some bridges to mend if he were to return to FCR

Why is Bruce a judas????

I wouldnt mind seeing Burley here.. and before anyone starts... ok so he once managed the binnies, but he wouldnt come here with the sole intention of taking us down would he???? hes a professional not an idiot...

Also, any Norwich fan can recognise a good manager when they see one.. and burley has worked wonders for clubs with no money in the past, Colchester, Ipswich, Derby and for a short time this season Hearts, have all Prospered under him...

He doesnt suffer fools gladly, he can motivate a team and he commands respect from all quarters in football... i dont give a flying Fajita that he once managed Ipswich, and if anyone says "oh we dont want him he''s scum" well thats their opinion... but he''s hardly going to come in and sell everyone, take us down then laugh manically is he???

jas

I hardly think its fair to call Steve Bruce "Judas"!

Would he have won all that he did in the game had he stayed with Norwich?

He owed us nothing when he left, he won a major trophy with us and helped us get back up again the following season.

All academic of course, as he''ll never be manager here.

if your calling Bruce a Judas because of the playoff final then that makes you an idiot im afraid...

what do you expect him to say to Birmingham "oh dont worry, its just the biggest game of you lives but lose on purpose so i can let some team i plyed for before 30% of Norwich fans were born, win"

jas

Jas, I could be wrong here but I think the bad blood with Steve Bruce goes back to his departure to Man Utd back in the day. It was a long while ago but if memory serves me it was more than a little acrimonious as we were struggling at the time on the pitch.

probably ignoring the real issue, is that bruce is a mediocre
manager, in charge of a poor team, who has spent lots
of cash and done little with it. no thanks.

Absolutely spot on Rich - he HAS kept Birmingham in the Premiership for a few seasons but things aren''t looking great this season. And he has not spent particularly wisely (didn''t Bruce sell a certain Andy Johnson?). And doesn''t he whinge and moan!! I''d rather have Worthy than Bruce - he has proved consistently that his own personal gain comes before loyalty, if he did come here and then Newcastle came knocking - no contest.

Why is Bruce a judas?.... well as I said last night his leaving was extremely distasteful.

Could you ever accept Damien Francis as manager????  Double that for Bruce. for those of us who supported the club at the time.

But as I also said last night, that was a very long time ago and we could all be grown up about it.....thinking a bit more, I''m not sure that being grown up is an option for any club''s supporters even us!!  Rather goes against the point of all this passion, faith and hope that supporting a team involves.

So, sorry no judas.....

United in our love for City

You know, I can''t remember too much acrimony when Bruce left...my memory seems to say that he was "sold" along with Watson, as most of our decent players were in those days?