Sign in to follow this  
unique

MOTD coverage

Showed 6 Leicester attacks compared to 2 Norwich attacks, and yet the attempts on goal racked up as 13 - 9.......

Can anybody that went comment on whether the MOTD highlights was actually reflective of the game?

Reasonably tight game with Norwich quick to regain shape. Bamford had a good chance towards the end which MOTD failed to show but there were few clear cut chances for either side. Let down again by a defensive error and value-reducing substitutions.

I missed the start so don''t know if they showed the Jerome chance when he was clean through early on.They didn''t show Jarvis chance about 10 mins before the end but no doubt Jarvis is happy about that.Thought the summing up at the end was poor as usual - more about Leicester & Mahrez playing poorly rather than City, or any of our players, playing well. None of our players, who all had good games I thought, hardly got a mention.Fair reflection?Probably not but probably as fair as we''re ever gonna get from MOTD especially when you''re playing the hosts team who are top of the league.

Having been at the match, overall it was a very even game with both sides having few chances. We had the better of the chances than them, but they took one of their''s which is what it''s all about in the end.

So the MOTD highlights showed pretty much all the real chances Leicester had, and missed out a few of ours. Which is what you''d expect I guess.

If we''d played with this composure against West Ham we''d have had 3 points there, is the frustration for me.

watching full 90 min on canal+ france hd

My opinion is that Leicester with no much space looked gutted and not dangerous enough.Also last minutes was not one way traffic and goal come out of nothing with 3 min before that Redmond shoot was inches away from net.

We have better chances and team in big parts feel comfort and no pressure.

For me Howson by far mom with Redmond play confident than usual with some very good keep ball and moves.

was best game for me to play Bamford.If not yesterday then when?

With Chelsea unavailable also...

Its different type than Jerome/Mbocani we must try him!

Pinto very sharp and quick with the ball but same joke in deffence.Still this tactic is best for him.

Bennet looked our best centre back in 25 man squad but seems AN not rate him somehow.

Klose not look class, no idea if time will add that but we not have time for sure.

Naismith very poor game looked lost most of time and always late for first ball.

Tettey lost challenge in middle and they move quick ball down the channel for they goal.

Ruddy sure look more confident than Rudd since back.

Over all we almost take 1 pt or even 3 if at end Redmond shot was on target but again as many times this season we conceded last 5 min goal who cost pts /west ham away.lpool home,man city away..)

Pity we loosed chance to bring extra confidence with pt here :/

Still chances to escpae especially if new players settled more quick and added some to the team soon.

keep the faith !

Coverage was not a fair reflection, was there and though Leicester had slightly more possession i thought we defended well for 99% of the game and had at least 4 decent chances (2 for Jerome, 1 for Redmond and a snap shot from Bamford) plus a couple of half chances, didn''t think they had any more, tactically we set up well, but they as contenders never stopped going for the win and had that bit of fortune,

I suppose having Lineker sat in MOTD hot seat helps make it all about them.

[quote user="unique"]Showed 6 Leicester attacks compared to 2 Norwich attacks, and yet the attempts on goal racked up as 13 - 9.......

Can anybody that went comment on whether the MOTD highlights was actually reflective of the game?[/quote]

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/02/27/leicester-city-vs-norwich-city-highlights/

[quote user="All Gunns Blazing."]http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/02/27/leicester-city-vs-norwich-city-highlights/[/quote]

Thanks for the link, excellent. Just watched the first half and it was nothing like what thr Radio 5 commentary made it sound like.  Excellent performance...so far.....

MOTD coverage is always awful and rarely tells the full story of the match.

Never bother watching it as highlights are always available elsewhere and with better content. Even The Sun Goals are better quality!

And don''t get me started on the "analysis"....

[quote user="Boris"]watching full 90 min on canal+ france hd My opinion is that Leicester with no much space looked gutted and not dangerous enough.Also last minutes was not one way traffic and goal come out of nothing with 3 min before that Redmond shoot was inches away from net. We have better chances and team in big parts feel comfort and no pressure. For me Howson by far mom with Redmond play confident than usual with some very good keep ball and moves. was best game for me to play Bamford.If not yesterday then when? With Chelsea unavailable also... Its different type than Jerome/Mbocani we must try him! Pinto very sharp and quick with the ball but same joke in deffence.Still this tactic is best for him. Bennet looked our best centre back in 25 man squad but seems AN not rate him somehow. Klose not look class, no idea if time will add that but we not have time for sure. Naismith very poor game looked lost most of time and always late for first ball. Tettey lost challenge in middle and they move quick ball down the channel for they goal. Ruddy sure look more confident than Rudd since back. Over all we almost take 1 pt or even 3 if at end Redmond shot was on target but again as many times this season we conceded last 5 min goal who cost pts /west ham away.lpool home,man city away..) Pity we loosed chance to bring extra confidence with pt here :/ Still chances to escpae especially if new players settled more quick and added some to the team soon. keep the faith ![/quote]

I agree with this Boris except I think you''re a bit harsh on Klose. 

Yes, watched the MotD highlights today after seeing the match live on Saturday and couldn’t believe their selections. We only saw Jerome’s header and Redmond’s long range effort. What they elected to ignore was 1) Jerome’s simple one on one when he just needed to flick the ball passed Schmeichel who had made a terrible error coming out. It was similar to Agbonlahor’s goal against us following Rudd’s mistake v Villa and easier than the header; 2) a weak effort by Redmond that Schmeichel again messed up and the ball could have needed up anywhere but luckily squirmed away for a corner; 3) a good passing move that led to a goal bound curling effort from Jerome that was blocked by Morgan’s extended elbow in the penalty area. A strong claim for a penalty by half the team as the elbow was in an “unnatural position” IMO a penalty but worth a discussion on MotD. 4) Last minute sliced effort by Bamford that speared off wide. As MotD bothered to show a free kick from a similar position moments later that led to nothing and the final whistle, you’d have thought they’d have shown this chance for an equaliser.

I wouldn’t call this bias on the BBC’s front, but very lazy – they showed the highlights to fit their narrative of Leicester plugging away all match and beating a defensive Norwich. We weren’t defensive at all – we just played a very deep back line, which was sensible and an indictment on all the top teams who have played them this season. WE looked by far the more dangerous team throughout.

Off topic I can’t see Leicester being this lucky again over the remaining 11 matches. Whereas Man City, Arsenal and Spurs will win half of the remaining matches through being better than the opposition and another half of the remainder through playing well, I can’t see Leicester getting more one goal wins against opponents of similar and better quality. Actually I don’t Leicester winning more than one more game than NCFC over the final 11 matches. Not that I think it will be enough for either of us….. (that is Leicester 4th and knocked out of Champions League qualifier in July; perhaps 3 wins each. I think Leicester will be lower-mid-table next season and fighting the drop in seasons after that.

As for us, I see it as like a cricket team that keeps putting down chances in the field. You only need to win ten matches to stay up and take ten wickets to bowl a team out. Sunderland and West Brom can play well ten times and win ten matches. I think we’ve played well 14 or 15 times and won 6……..

That bloody Jerome chance?!

What the hell is it with him at this level? It''s the same shaped ball and the same shaped goal. Why has he got the finishing of Emile Heskey suddenly at this level? He eats them sort of chances up in the championship!

Perfectly simple explanation. The editing was done by an Ipswich fan. It''s the only explanation that makes sense!

I was also live at the game. How bizarre to watch a completely different game on MOTD. Ah so perhaps another plausible explanation, the match we saw took place in a paralell universe! In our universe we really only did have two chances and no "Barcelona" possession in the 2nd half against top of the table side!