Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

better without bassong!!!!

the reason RM get''s so much stick on here is he is constantly covering for Seb being out of position, missing headers, missing clearances, and giving the ball away!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the reason RM get''s so much stick on here is he is constantly covering for Seb being out of position, missing headers, missing clearances, and giving the ball away!

[/quote]Been saying that all season but unfortunately most are too dim, or just have too much of  a vendetta to realise.

Could not agree more. This is something many of us have wanted for a long time. I guess we have been proven right to some extend today.

Just hope he does not just walk back into the team when he is fit.

If he does, for me I will have a few doubts about AN reading of today''s game.

Does anyone think Alex will go for the same formation tomorrow night or with Costa upfront on his own, will we revert to 4 at the back ?

Think we will go back to 4 at the back. Personally think the Wingbacks suit us tho with Pinto and Brady not really defenders and offering pace and attacking threat. And think it''s suits Redmond as he hasn''t gotta worry so much about the defensive side. Played it twice now away to city and Leicester and played very well in both.

Martin the centre back in 4 at the back doesn''t work. In 5 at the back, it does somewhat. He''s not got the physicality to manage in the middle with 4 at the back.

As for Bassong, he''s usually effective at winning stuff in the air and one of our most naturally talented players, but he''s very shoddy with his concentration. If he wasn''t, he''d still be at a team like Spurs.

I''d be tempted to give the same back 5 a go tomorrow night though.

Are we talking about the same Bassong who posters were bleating about being loaned to Watford which was seen as bolstering their defence at our expense ?

Yep, because it was clear he was and still is a very useful player for our side. Loaning him to Watford did nothing to help our cause when we had the likes of Jos Hooiveld and Ignasi Miquel replacing him. No coincidence we turned it round when Bassong returned. He''s just not that convincing at this level. More good than bad from him in his Norwich career though.

Jaemae2 wrote;

The amount of mental incompetence in this thread is astounding... T''s J aside.

And don''t get me started on the grammar.......... just cant get the quality of trolls these days. ;-)

The final nail in our coffin last relegation was Bassong being dropped.

And as has been pointed out, his return was key to our promotion.

Odd how much stick he gets. We haven''t had many better central defenders in recent years.