Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Team Vs Chelsea.

Do we stick with the three centre backs or do we revert back to a back four.

Me personally, I would stick with the back 3/5 that performed so well at Leicester.

Chelsea are going to have a lot of possession so let them try and break them down and hit them on the break. They do no posses the fastest defenders in the world and this is an area we can hurt them.

Only change I would make from Saturday would be to replace Jerome for either Mbokani/Bamford.

Is Bamford eligible?

Ruddy

Bennet Martin Klose

Pinto Brady

Howson Tettey

Redmond Bamford Naismith

I do like us playing that way because I think we have the perfect players for it, e.g Pinto and Brady. Though I wouldn''t have Bamford even if he was eligible personally, I''d go with the Mbok

Reckon will go

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Klose Brady

Tettey Howson O''Neill

Redmond MBokani Naismith

With them playing 1 up top and Costa being a different type of striker than the likes of Aguero I think he will go with Bennett as Bassong looks likely to miss out.

Martin move to right back as bit of experience up against a tricky winger like Willian, Pedro or Hazard as Pinto hasn''t faired that we''ll at right back in a back 4.

And the 3 in the centre to try and stop Fabregas who has been pulling the strings as of late.

Wonder whether Tettey''s knees will allow him to start three games in a week? Assuming that he can, I''d go with:------------------Ruddy----------------------Bennett--Martin--Klose-----Pinto-----------------------------Brady-----Howson--Tettey--O''Neil---------------Naismith--------------------------------------------Mbokani----------Contain, frustrate and counter is the only way to approach this one – press high and attack them and we could get buried.

That could work FTW, but we''d have extremely little chance of scoring. Mbokani needs players prepared to run beyond him, & Naismith on his own isn''t going to have options alongside him.

Having said that, if we can use Howson & O''Neil as auxiliary backs then Pinto & Brady might be able to get forward once we''re into the game.

Also we could bring Redmond on for O''Neil if we''re containing them sufficiently & need a goal; I was much encouraged by his new found zest on Saturday!

[quote user="ron obvious"]That could work FTW, but we''d have extremely little chance of scoring. Mbokani needs players prepared to run beyond him, & Naismith on his own isn''t going to have options alongside him.

Having said that, if we can use Howson & O''Neil as auxiliary backs then Pinto & Brady might be able to get forward once we''re into the game.

Also we could bring Redmond on for O''Neil if we''re containing them sufficiently & need a goal; I was much encouraged by his new found zest on Saturday![/quote]Spot on, on all counts. Keep Redmond fresh for a start on Saturday; Tettey and O''Neil can both drop back if required, allowing Brady and Pinto to go right to the opposition''s byline when the counter-attack demands it.

Assuming Wes, Bassong and Wisdom are still injured...

------------ Ruddy --------------

Pinto Klose Bennett Brady

------------O''Neil Tettey -----

Redmond Howson Naismith

----------- Mbokani ------------

Can''t see us winning this one. But a spirited performance and a narrow defeat would at least leave room for optimism for the Swansea game.

We cannot afford to rest Redmond tonight. Forget about Saturday, we need something from tonights game and Redmond is the one player who can create chances out of nothing when Hoolahan is out.

Don''t think he would be to impressed with being left out tonight either especially against Chelsea.

He will want to show what he can do and our best bet of escaping relegation is to keep Redmond in the team and hope that he hits top form from now until the end of the season.

He is only young and 3 games in a week should be no problem for him.

Same team as Saturday for me, with perhaps the introduction of Mbokani for Jerome, depending on how the game is going.I''m surprised anyone is wanting any changes after the decent performance on Saturday, for 99% of the game anyway, and the criticism Alex Neil has received from some for chopping and changing so often.

As Morty, but would bring Mbokani in for Jerome. Should know within the next 2 hours...

[quote user="willo"]As Morty, but would bring Mbokani in for Jerome. Should know within the next 2 hours...[/quote]My thinking on it is that Jerome works harder, and deeper, for the team, but Mbokani is probably more of a threat on goal.I guess its whether or not you want to contain Chelsea a bit, or you want to push on and score the first goal.Perhaps, on reflection starting with Mbok could be a better option.

Exactly as Saturday for me, wouldn''t change a thing for at least an hour (subject to no injuries) some good partnerships were forming on the weekend, another game with Redmond / Pinto and redderz might get a bit more dangerous.

Agree with Morty, same team as Saturday, not sure if I''d change Jerome upfront though I can see why most people would

Despite the disappointment of yet another late concession, there were some glimmers of hope from the shape, the solidity and the general application Saturday. Whatever about the importance of the Swansea game, home games must all be targeted for 3 points to have any hope of survival. Chelsea are in much better form but can be beaten. I think a wing-back approach best utilises our current personnel. Tettey has to start for me. I''d go with:

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Martin Klose Brady

Tettey Howson

Redmond Naismith

Mbokani

Martin sweeping, Pinto, Brady & Redmond to provide width, Howson & Naismith drifting in to support Mbokani. Bennett to pay Costa close attention, Tettey & Howson shielding from the likes of Willian & Fabregas.

Jarvis, O''Neil, Wes (if available), Olsson, Jerome, possibly Odjidja-Ofoe to give options in second half. Hopefully no defensive changes required.

The glass is half-full this afternoon and I''m going for a clean sheet with Redmond to score the only goal of the game.

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Martin Klose Brady

Oneil Tettey Howson

Naismith Mbokani

[quote user="willo"]As Morty, but would bring Mbokani in for Jerome. Should know within the next 2 hours...[/quote]

Any news Willo?

Rumours on twitter that naismith , bassong and howson are all injured and not playing tonight.

Mind you just rumours