Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Is Bamford eligible for tonight?

Not sure if this has been discussed already but was just wondering if there was an agreement in place so Bamford could not play against his parental club tonight.

If not, then I would be very tempted in either starting him or at least bringing him off the bench.

His movement and pace could cause Cahill and Ivanovic some problems. Those two are more suited to an aerial/physical challenge rather than movement and pace which is Bamford''s game.

He will also have a point to prove and will want to impress.

I had high hopes when we ''signed'' Bamford as I thought that he offered something different up front and that he was perhaps a bit more of a poacher up front than either Jerome or Mbokani.

YET AN, despite being after the player for some time, doesn''t seem to want to give the player a decent enough amount of game time for any high hopes to be realised.

I would have expected him to be given a start by now.

These tyes of loan are expensive. How much has Bamford cost per minute on the pitch?

He needs more opportunities to prove his worth, or otherwise surely? It''s not as if the other two are banging them in regularly, despite both offering decent (but hardly more than that) contributions.

Right now, I wouldn''t be surprised if Bamford feels like walking away just as he did at Palace. He''s moved from one manager who signed him & didn''t play him to another who so far has done much the same thing.

Very odd!

In his post-match comments AN suggested Bamford wasn''t as well suited to leading the line as Jerome. Which makes you wonder why we signed him in the first place if he''s not considered as good as what we already have. Especially when you consider we only ever play one striker anyway - unless we''re losing a game and forced to throw caution to the wind. Bewildering.

I''m not 100% sure if loan players are automatically excluded from playing against their parent or whether it is a contract thing but I doubt he will be eligible.

I do think it is a bit odd that he hasn''t had more of a chance - I mean if we just want someone to warm the bench then we''ve got Lafferty, or Loza for that matter.

It could be that he is someone who talks the talk, but doesn''t walk the walk. He could be utter pants in training which is why he isn''t given a chance.

Or, more likely we''ll see him feature more against Newcastle and Sunderland. If he scores or creates one or two against those teams which help keep us up - then the load fee will have paid for itself.

Of course he can''t play against his own club, he would''nt want to even if he could would he?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Heard a rumour he is starting at Swansea as we will be playing with 2 up front, Bamford plus one of Jerome / Mbokani.[/quote]i''d be very surprised AN Promises a player anything so far ahead of a game... for all we knew Jerome and Mbokani could both have got injured!

Quite simply has to play Saturday now. Jerome is so bloody frustrating! We can''t afford a striker that doesn''t score despite all Jeromes endeavour.

I love the comment that is that a striker offers more than goals.

What I loved about earnie was the selfishness, a little like Defoe they know goal scoring counts.

I hope bamford gets his chance soon, as we do not have many games left to get form and get on a run of much needed wins and three points. This month is critical, with easier opposition.