Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You Whinging Posters Make Me Sick!

Now I like a moan, you all know I do, but what I''ve been reading from some of you on here after the Rotherham game, makes me sick and ashamed to be associated with you.

Now of course its your right to complain, and that must always be the case. But for one moment try looking at the game this way.

1. Under extreme provication and with no protection from the ref, the lads never retaliated once, no bookings, in fact their discipline was superb. Be proud.

2. Four goals away from home, heads never dropping, unlike in past years, and a never say die attitude resulting in a point. Be Proud.

3. Attacking football, against a side determined to do well after their humilating cup exit. Be Proud.

4. Still top of the league with the best manager and board in the division. BE VERRY PROUD!.

What, I here you cry has happened to the dear old wizard we know and hate, well I''ll tell you. Yesterday for me was a watershed. Unllike the Bradford game, I saw a team with guts and determination to get at least something, and I''m damn proud off them all. And thats all we can ever ask of them. If this division is won on guts alone, we have nothing to worry about.

OK, we gave away 3 silly goals (it happens) and it now appears, that the ref has apologised to Greeno for missing the foul on him for one of those 3.

Our rivals faired no better, apart from that blue rubbish, (who also conceded 4 on this wacky weekend) all drew or lost.

Now I''m making a vow of total support on these boards for the lads, at least until May. With the exception of Rivers, I will not criticise players, Manager or Board, I suggest you do the same. Otherwise shut it please!.

I couldn''t agree more Wiz. Just because we have a couple of bad results all these moaners come out of the woodwork. So what, every team has a couple of bad games. Look at WBA. They''ve hardly had a blinding run but they are still right up there. We are just as good as any side in this division and we WILL go up. HAVE FAITH POSTERS.

Quite agree wizard,when we show this amount of guts and passion we should be proud.Last year it was missing in several games,yesterday it was there and thats why we are still top of the league.
P.S. And to the lad who criticised Hucks last week and said he only played well against Cardiff to get a contract,hope you were at the game yesterday and felt ashamed of yourself.

Well said Wiz!
A couple of seasons ago I think that is the type of game we would have lost and gave up on, a point away from is home is a good result, no-one closed closed the gap on us at all as our main rivals couldn''t win either.
This is a topsy-turvey league and most teams can beat any in the league on their day and every one seems to forget that teams around the relegation zone have a lot to play for, they are motivated to win aswell!!! They are fighting for survival and you are going to get a fight when you play them. It''s never going to be easy.

As for the whinging, some players are going through some bad form, it happens and thats where the "SUPPORTING" bit comes in! We support them, I have seen much worse from City, we have some good players but you can''t expect them to play brilliantly every week. I mean Greeno has been in for criticism here, our best player this season! He can''t win matches for us every time!

There seems to be a bit of moaning about Leon on here, give him a chance! Lets see at the end of the season, so far he''s done alright 4 goals in 5 games aint too bad, he could have scored more with the chances he has had but what striker has a 100% goals to shots ratio? I''ll tell you who: no-one!

Promotion is not going to be easy, no-one at city has promised we are going up, signing Hux improved our chances not guaranteed us success.

Just think how bad it is could be compared to what we have had, Brian Hamilton could be manager and this could be our team, oh dear

Chrichton

Des Hamilton McGovern Jackson Derveld

Forbes Carey Anselin De Waard

Coote Llewelyn

And I’m sure you can think of other players!

What!!!!!!!
Are my eyes deceiving me?????????
What''s brought about this change of heart Wiz??????

I''m not complaining mind you, at last i can read one of your posts and think ''spot on''. Although i wasn''t at the game, listening to the match on the radio and then seeing the highlights today it seemed like a combination of bad defending and bad refereeing cost us all 3 points, but hey, that''s football, you can''t win ''em all. Although some people putting threads on this site seem to think we should be playing like Real Madrid and thrashing every team in site, all i can say to those people is get real (no pun intended) and get behind your team. We''re still top, we haven''t got to go to any of the top 8''s ground exception for Sunderland which is good given our home record, we''ve got a great bunch of players and a great manager and board...........be thankful for what you''ve got.

Just because we slipped up against Bradford last week and had a strange result again Rotherham yesterday (i think most clubs in the Nationwide Div 1 could say they were involved in strange games yesterday) all of a sudden it''s doom and gloom and i see ridiculous threads titled "False position" appearing. It''s not false because we''re still there after 28 games, that''s no fluke.

This club is now approaching the most crucial run-in in the last 10 years and it doesn''t need pessimists, it needs support and encouragement, as well as a little bit of luck, so for god sake lets just get behind them and worry about what where we are at the end of the season when it arrives.

Your so right Saint Canary, spot on in all respects. I swear some fans on here won''t be happy till we''re relegated. And they call me illogical!.

Sorry Pincer my friend, no pills or magic potions I''m afraid, just stupid postings and a belated realisation on my part, that we have a team and manager/board to be proud of.

Maybe I should now call myself The reborn wizard!.

Spot on. My mate and I were in Argos in Ipswich watching the final scores and when Norwich equalised we couldnt contain ourselves. The looks on the faces of the sc*m around us was priceless. They had won 6-4 but were still sick as pigs - vintage.

A draw away from home under extreme provocation is a credit to the lads. WIth our small squad, avoiding unnecesary suspensions will be crucial.

I expect Shef Utd to try and rough us up a bit and how we react will determine the result in what has become a massive 6 pointer.

Ok Wiz i am one of your so called Whingers but if you look at my posts you would see that it is constructive criticism and points where i think that we could improve.

As there is no run away team in this league this year with a couple of pieces of tinkering with our team i do believe we will go up this year i only hope that we make the changes which i have mentioned in order to do this.

At the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinions and all care for the love of our club.

Sorry if i have offended!!

It is a free and democratic country! and I therefore reserve my constitutional right to WHINGE!!! Well actually, I don''t call it whingeing, its just casually observing and bringing it to the attention of others.....OTBC :-)

I think all in all "we" (and I include myself in that) are too quick after 1 or 2 bad performances to start having a go at the team/players/manager. "We" are also too quick to build the team/players/manager up after 1 or 2 good results. We are one of the better teams in this league but we are not head and shoulders above the rest like a few teams have been in recent seasons. We cannot expect City to run away with automatic promotion! Picking up a point yesterday when we were heading for defeat is good! It''s these games that make a difference, scraping points from here and there are what makes a difference at the end of the season. The games like Vs Cardiff are great to watch but its the games that you sneak a point or three when you could have ended up with nothing that will win promotion.

Pincer, although a little presumptuous on my part, I believe that I must have been a key factor in bringing about this change in The Wizard. I brought all the badness out of him such that his evil juices dried up completely. However, I believe this a temporary thing as, by his own admission, he has a lifetime of emotional swings on his resume and you know what they say about history...it''s a good predictor for the future.

I think you''re right Saint - but that''s football! We get so emotionally and financially involved that it might only take one or two dodgy results to see a complete mood change!! It''s life, and it''s why we love football so much. I like to think I always try and think positively - but those that want to "whinge" are perfectly entitled to. This message board would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

Snake Pit: My dear friend, you have always been one of my favorite posters on these boards, and I know your passion for City runs very deep. So I can well understand YOU in particular getting worked up.

But I, unlike others on these boards, don''t believe there are any easy games left these days. When you''re top (still sounds great) everyone wants to beat you. Just try and see the bigger picture mate and chill out a bit, I know you''ll keep the faith. And I just know this is our year, I trust we are still friends I hope.

Yankee Canary: Your theory on my recent conversion gave me a right old chuckle I can tell you. But I''m afraid it was the team and the manager''s performance which forced me into a more mellow state of mind, sorry.

How sad that you are somewhat sceptical of my new found state of mind my friend, do you really believe I will revert to type because of my emotional rollercoster make up?. Or do you know me better then I know myself?, Hmm, maybe in time, who knows?.

You are quite corrrect in two other matters however YC. in relation to a post by Master Green, YUK YUK and trice YUK. And on the issue of attempted swearing on these boards, I''ll back you 100%.

Regarding Mr Wizards recent conversion to the ways of true support I am reminded of what our local vicar said on sunday.

" Better the sinner that repenteth " (actually he said better you put more money in the collection bag ), but the moral is still there.

I''m actually helping out at the local church, St Delia''s, after the organist left the parish at very short notice. Due, it appears, to some unspoken misunderstanding with one of the members of the choir.

Naturally as a former keyboard player in a local 70''s rock band I felt it was required that I step in to give the vicar a hand with his organ.

So, with any luck my generosity of spirit will be noticed further upstairs and in the near future a few of the more dubious decisions will be going our way instead.

Last time I looked this was a discussion board. Therefore, doesn''t that give people the right to voice their opinion good or bad. Isn''t that why football is such a great game - people have differing opinions and they get debated and this is one way to do just that.

Wouldn''t it be dull if every post was just congratulating the team, manager, club, supporters everytime!