Sign in to follow this  
breaker

Warnocks Comments

Last night on MOTD2 Neil Warnock made the comment that he was pleased the way Wigan, West Ham & Sunderland had started the season in the Premiership; playing positive attacking football was paying dividends rather than playing it safe, defensively and hoping to nick a goal.

Now Mr Warnock''s not my favourite person but I reckon he''s got it spot on - shame Worthy didn''t go with this approach.

PS Worthy STILL doesn''t go with this approach.

we have got Sheff utd on Boxing day, if god forbid, Worthys still in charge we can see Attacking free flowing football as the goals fly in left right and center as our rubbish midfield and beleagured defence can only watch.

Thankfully i''ll be too hung over from Xmas day to really care!

jas

Yeah also when he said how although there was a long way to go, how nice it was to be in the position they are in.

It just annoyed me because we should be in that position if we didnt have such a numpty at the helm.

I am sure we would have been able to compete with Sheff Utd in the transfer market in the summer but I kept on seeing them sign all these players and thinking- hmm they could have done a job for us.

Never mind- hopefully in the next few days Worthy will either walk or get the shove and we can look forward to a Palace like run and still make our return to the promised land.... or am I only dreaming?

[quote]Last night on MOTD2 Neil Warnock made the comment that he was pleased the way Wigan, West Ham & Sunderland had started the season in the Premiership; playing positive attacking football was paying...[/quote]

Have you completely lost your memory? That''s EXACTLY how worthy did approach it. We scored more goals than birmingham who finished 12th and only 3 less than Everton who finished in the bloomin'' champions league. We couldn''t defend, across the back or as a team, that was our problem.

well said a1canary. Worthy has his problems at the moment but he seems to get the blame for everything. He will be blamed for it getting dark to early, by someone soon

Spot on a1canary, there seem to be a lot of short memories at the moment. Last season Hansen and Lawro were criticising Worthy for sticking with a passing, attacking game when he needed to get more men behind the ball. A quick review of the promotion season DVD will also re-acquiant readers of the syle of football Worthy prefers i.e. precisely that which they are demanding at the moment.

Doesn''t change the fact we are in a fix right now, but his style of play ain''t the issue.

[quote]well said a1canary. Worthy has his problems at the moment but he seems to get the blame for everything. He will be blamed for it getting dark to early, by someone soon[/quote]

Exactly.  Witch hunt, what witch hunt?

Considering we most often play a 4-3-3 formation, I can''t see your point.