Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Six Wins for Glory

We need 5 or 6 wins to stay up(per say) what games will we get them? Maybe these!Swansea City (A)                             Newcastle United (H)                Crystal Palace (A)                Sunderland (H)                    Watford (H)        Everton (A)Lets hear the cry,,,17th place!

Love you Kiwi.

Want your optimism, but it is a struggle.

Our season is defined as:

(1) Bad refereeing decisions starting from Mr. Hooper @game one.

(2) AN learning. A process which has seen far too changes in personnel on the pitch to the point where some still question whether he knows his first eleven for most games. Ineffective substitutions. I stick by him, but he does make this stance difficult.

(3) Bad luck eg. 89th minute goals as per yesterday and other instances too many to itemise.

I personally thik that we are just, just, good enough to survive, but the above three factors need to change for the best, and soonest.

Like the positivity. If we were in better shape I would confident of some kind of result in each of those we just seem to be stuck in abit of a rut at the momment.

89th minute goals are bad luck - are you having a giraffe? Inability to see out games is the more likely explanation unless you consider it to be bad luck that we cannot do that.

4 points lost to West Ham home and away

1 point lost to Man City away

3 points lost to Liverpool at home

Oh how we could do with those 8 points now!

I know you do not grace us with your presence much these days Crafty but i must say you have popped up all over the place since 5pm yesterday and had a good old whinge whenever you have spotted an opportunity. Someone surely must throw you some bait soon to indulge you in your favourite hobby of '' cook '' bashing ? [;)]

11 games left and I think 4 wins and 3 draws will be enough or just 5 wins.

Wont need 6 wins thats for sure as 39 looks like being enough this season

It does make me smile when people say JUST the 5 wins needed, we''ve only won 6 all season!

It''s not looking that promising, we need to hope we can match Sunderland & Newcastle or that they remain as shite as they have been all year.

Well Tilly, if you think pointing out that the objective of football matches is to gain points is whinging so be it. Terry Venables described playing well but losing consistently as fantasy football. I''ll settle for him knowing more about the game than the happy clappers on here who believe the consistent throwing away of points is just bad luck. Looking at AN''s interviews after games tells me that he doesn''t think it''s just bad luck either. But hey, what does he know compared to illuminati such as yourself?

As for ''cook'' bashing, well if she oversees our demise to League One again then don''t worry I''ll ''bash'' away.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Well Tilly, if you think pointing out that the objective of football matches is to gain points is whinging so be it. Terry Venables described playing well but losing consistently as fantasy football. I''ll settle for him knowing more about the game than the happy clappers on here who believe the consistent throwing away of points is just bad luck. Looking at AN''s interviews after games tells me that he doesn''t think it''s just bad luck either. But hey, what does he know compared to illuminati such as yourself?

As for ''cook'' bashing, well if she oversees our demise to League One again then don''t worry I''ll ''bash'' away.[/quote]It''s not often you catch a bird whilst fishing but you never disappoint now do you Crafty canary ? [:P]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]89th minute goals are bad luck - are you having a giraffe? Inability to see out games is the more likely explanation unless you consider it to be bad luck that we cannot do that.

4 points lost to West Ham home and away

1 point lost to Man City away

3 points lost to Liverpool at home

Oh how we could do with those 8 points now![/quote]

/\ this /\

I love the optimism on this board from some posters but lets be realistic there is no way we are going to win at least half our games.
It''s only a matter of time until we are relegated and frankly I wish the season would just hurry up and end.

Another fantasy football thread. The reality is that we''re going to be relegated.

[quote user="juicy plams"]Another fantasy football thread. The reality is that we''re going to be relegated.[/quote]Are but there are 5 teams (excluding Villa) in the mix for 2 relegation places - 2 slightly better off than us & 2 slightly worse off than us.To a greater or lesser extent they all have the same problems as us and a lot of their fans will also have the feeling that they can''t, or might not escape the drop.More than enough games to go & points to play for.Far too early to chuck in the towel as there is absolutely no reason why we can''t be one of the teams to survive.And it''s no use pointing at points we''ve lost or thrown away because one way or another all teams in the mix will have done exactly the same. And as things stand right now I''d rather be in 17th position than in 18th, 19th or 20th.

Often wonder why so called "fans" bother. If you can''t be hopelessly optimistic and enjoy our time in the Prem, you are never going to be happy. Maybe time for another sport or another team.....

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 28/02/2016 7:26 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Well Tilly, if you think pointing out that the objective of football matches is to gain points is whinging so be it. Terry Venables described playing well but losing consistently as fantasy football. I''ll settle for him knowing more about the game than the happy clappers on here who believe the consistent throwing away of points is just bad luck. Looking at AN''s interviews after games tells me that he doesn''t think it''s just bad luck either. But hey, what does he know compared to illuminati such as yourself? As for ''cook'' bashing, well if she oversees our demise to League One again then don''t worry I''ll ''bash'' away.

It''s not often you catch a bird whilst fishing but you never disappoint now do you Crafty canary ? Stick out tongue [:P]

Showing you the courtesy of a reply is now something to mock, eh Tilly. You might think you''re a smart ar*se, I think you are just an ar*se!

Defeat Saturday and it will probably all over, win and its on. Good record in Swansea in the Premier hope for more. Need to stick with back 3 need to keep it tight as long as possible and score from the paucity of chances. Simple really isn''t it.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="juicy plams"]Another fantasy football thread. The reality is that we''re going to be relegated.[/quote]Are but there are 5 teams (excluding Villa) in the mix for 2 relegation places - 2 slightly better off than us & 2 slightly worse off than us.To a greater or lesser extent they all have the same problems as us and a lot of their fans will also have the feeling that they can''t, or might not escape the drop.[/quote]Villa and Swansea are the only ones that we can be compared with as they too made the mistake of employing rookie managers. It''s too late in Villa''s case, but Swansea have at least given themselves a fighting chance of avoiding the drop by giving that muppet Monk the boot.The other teams in and around the relegation zone (ie Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth and West Brom) all have experienced bosses. We shouldn''t have left a poundland manager and coaching team in charge of a premier league side. It was suicide.

[quote user="Ginja"]
It''s only a matter of time until we are relegated and frankly I wish the season would just hurry up and end.
[/quote]If its Championship you want and we all love winning games, but if relegated would we come back up? Two relegations in 3 seasons and what would the squad be like, good enough for a promotion push? Probably but it would need changing a bit otherwise the same squad again gets promoted plus Id imagine a few would be moving on. I''ll admit it doesn''t look good at all and we are likely to go down, but it ain''t over yet and theres still time to grab some form that will take us over the line.

[quote user="juicy plams"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="juicy plams"]Another fantasy football thread. The reality is that we''re going to be relegated.[/quote]Are but there are 5 teams (excluding Villa) in the mix for 2 relegation places - 2 slightly better off than us & 2 slightly worse off than us.To a greater or lesser extent they all have the same problems as us and a lot of their fans will also have the feeling that they can''t, or might not escape the drop.[/quote]Villa and Swansea are the only ones that we can be compared with as they too made the mistake of employing rookie managers. It''s too late in Villa''s case, but Swansea have at least given themselves a fighting chance of avoiding the drop by giving that muppet Monk the boot.The other teams in and around the relegation zone (ie Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth and West Brom) all have experienced bosses. We shouldn''t have left a poundland manager and coaching team in charge of a premier league side. It was suicide.[/quote]
Three of those teams have had their experienced bosses all season; how come they haven''t managed to fly clear of the relegation zone already if that is the sole deciding factor? Sunderland haven''t exactly rocketed up the table since they appointed Allardyce either. What makes them more likely than us to start doing so from here on in?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="juicy plams"]Another fantasy football thread. The reality is that we''re going to be relegated.[/quote]Are but there are 5 teams (excluding Villa) in the mix for 2 relegation places - 2 slightly better off than us & 2 slightly worse off than us.To a greater or lesser extent they all have the same problems as us and a lot of their fans will also have the feeling that they can''t, or might not escape the drop.More than enough games to go & points to play for.Far too early to chuck in the towel as there is absolutely no reason why we can''t be one of the teams to survive.And it''s no use pointing at points we''ve lost or thrown away because one way or another all teams in the mix will have done exactly the same. And as things stand right now I''d rather be in 17th position than in 18th, 19th or 20th.[/quote]
This; with extra mustard! Why is it that all the other teams at our end of the table are sooooooo much more likely to start improving their form over the run-in than we are? They are all there for a reason. Despite the ''experience'' of their managers or the calibre of their players they are all struggling for points as much as we are and most of them either struggling to keep clean sheets or struggling to score goals or struggling to ''see out'' games as much as we are. Why is it that some of our fans feel we are the only team incapable of improving?
Er, struggling (because I don''t feel I used it enough in the last paragraph).

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 28/02/2016 7:26 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Well Tilly, if you think pointing out that the objective of football matches is to gain points is whinging so be it. Terry Venables described playing well but losing consistently as fantasy football. I''ll settle for him knowing more about the game than the happy clappers on here who believe the consistent throwing away of points is just bad luck. Looking at AN''s interviews after games tells me that he doesn''t think it''s just bad luck either. But hey, what does he know compared to illuminati such as yourself? As for ''cook'' bashing, well if she oversees our demise to League One again then don''t worry I''ll ''bash'' away.

It''s not often you catch a bird whilst fishing but you never disappoint now do you Crafty canary ? Stick out tongue [:P]

Showing you the courtesy of a reply is now something to mock, eh Tilly. You might think you''re a smart ar*se, I think you are just an ar*se![/quote]And as sure as night follows day along comes the insult following some what i thought was light hearted banter.  Why not finish the job off by bigging up your education and mocking chosen careers. ? That''s what usually comes next,right ?  Never for one minute do i consider myself a smart arse but just maybe a look in the mirror might prove beneficial for you.That is all.

[quote user="juicy plams"]Villa and Swansea are the only ones that we can be compared with as they too made the mistake of employing rookie managers. It''s too late in Villa''s case, but Swansea have at least given themselves a fighting chance of avoiding the drop by giving that muppet Monk the boot.The other teams in and around the relegation zone (ie Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth and West Brom) all have experienced bosses. We shouldn''t have left a poundland manager and coaching team in charge of a premier league side. It was suicide.[/quote]In the case of Swansea you consider the South American who cannot speak a word of English and who has never managed in the UK as giving them a fighting chance. What is that thought based on ?As for Bournemouth about from a short unsuccessful stint at Burnley and managing them in the lower leagues what exactly is on Eddie Howe''s Premiership CV ?

Why so much doom and gloom? We are not even in the bottom three at the moment.

If the season ended now we would have stayed up.

We just need to make sure it stays that way until after the last game of the season. And yes its going to be tough.

TIL 1010 wrote:

And as sure as night follows day along comes the insult following some what i thought was light hearted banter. Why not finish the job off by bigging up your education and mocking chosen careers. ? That''s what usually comes next,right ? Never for one minute do i consider myself a smart ** but just maybe a look in the mirror might prove beneficial for you.

That is all.

Poor old Tilly, doesn''t consider himself smart enough to be a smart ar*se. Never mind.

This is why I don''t get the OTT defeatism shown by many. There''s no more reason to assume other teams results will improve whilst ours don''t. Nobody knows the future. We could not win another game but so could the others. We could win every remaining game but so could the others.

What''s the point of giving up? Alex Neil said we''re not rolling over. So did Russell Martin. As a supporter I''m up for it. Who else has got the stomach for the Premier League?

The way that Leicester last season and Sunderland the year before managed to get themselves out of seemingly impossible situations should give us heart. Whatever our ''supporters'' think of our squad or management team why an earth would anyone throw the towel in until its mathematically done with? Unless they want us to go down to prove a point / troll of course.....