Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

All Thats Needed

[quote user="EGGY "]All thats needed is the strikers to star hitting the back of the net, start giving Bamford and Lafferty a go ?[/quote]In all honesty i doubt they would be much of an improvement on Jerome and Mbokani but then they could hardly be any worse and we are running out of options . Read last night that Afobe already has more premiership goals than Jerome this season , we missed the boat big time by not following up our summer interest , £10 million Afobe or £8.5 million on Naismith , young and upcoming or a aging premiership reserve , somebody got that call badly wrong .

Canary One, I''m inclined to agree with you. We need our own strikers who have ability and appetite. Bamford and Mokani aren''t going to be here next season. We only have Jerome and Lafferty on our books now, with the youngsters Loza and Morris. Naismith is good quality alternative for Wes, but hasn''t really pushed on since the Liverpool game where he looked a breath of fresh air.

That front four was lethal, Wes, Naismith, Redmond and Mbokani, the movement was amazing. I''d love to see a return to this, with one holding player and the back five.

I agree that Lafferty can''t do much worse, and I''m willing to bet he''s scored a higher percentage of his chances than Jerome this season. In the two games he''s played...

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Read last night that Afobe already has more premiership goals than Jerome this season , we missed the boat big time by not following up our summer interest , £10 million Afobe or £8.5 million on Naismith , young and upcoming or a aging premiership reserve , somebody got that call badly wrong .[/quote]
I don''t think it''s necessarily as simple as us choosing Naismith over Afobe though. We can''t know what went on behind the scenes, but I doubt we''d have been able to match Bournemouth''s offer and we don''t know what other interest there was in the summer. If he had the choice of us or Bournemouth, even given similar wages I doubt he''d have chosen to come here when Bournemouth are the club showing more ambition to stay in the PL.