Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Where is our natural home?

Given the way the game is run by money these days, you would have to look at the wealth of the club as being the guide to our natural position.  I don''t know our present wealth compared to other clubs, but suspect we might be top six championship on club wealth alone.    Apart from that it''s anyone''s guess.  Crowd size doesn''t seem to come into it.  Money talks.

Historically top half championship bottom half premiership

Size of club top half championship bottom half premiership

Finances top half championship

Result. We are where we belong in my opinion.

Top six Champs bottom six Prem, thats it in a nutshell.  But really, for fun, a new league could so easily be created, for all the clubs, ourselves included that dont seem to have a one division stability, call it the Yo Yo league, could easy have around 15-20 clubs, But of course our neighbours down the road would be excluded, they are to mundanely stable.

Clubs don''t have a "natural place" in the football hierarchy. There''s nothing "natural" about the difference between, say, West Ham Utd and Leyton Orient, or Chelsea rather than Fulham or Brentford, or Notts Forest as opposed to Notts County, or Man Utd and Man City as against any number of other clubs in the Greater Manchester area. Nor is there anything "natural" about the pre-eminence of Barcelona and Real Madrid in Spain, or Bayern in Germany.

Last time I looked if clubs were ranked by the wealth of their owners we''d be languishing mid table in division three old money. I find it difficult to square that with an incompetent board.

Ip5w1ch. Bottom half of the Championship or top half of League 1? I think the latter and they have just been punching above their weight for a decade.

Discuss.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Our natural home would be a new ground near Postwick, or perhaps the UEA.[/quote]Not forgetting of course a new rail station and plenty of bike racks.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Our natural home would be a new ground near Postwick, or perhaps the UEA.[/quote]Not forgetting of course a new rail station and plenty of bike racks.[/quote]Its close to the BLT.[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Our natural home would be a new ground near Postwick, or perhaps the UEA.[/quote]Not forgetting of course a new rail station and plenty of bike racks.[/quote]Its close to the BLT.[Y][/quote] And of course, the UEA will be paying for it so we can rent them some classrooms. [:D]

The weight required to punch is getting heavier with each club that acquires a super rich new owner.For now, we are where we deserve to be, but it will only get more and more difficult, in years to come, without external investment.Obviously, though, it isn''t just about money, it is about good stewardship and management, managing debt correctly, and operating within your means. There are plenty of examples where money really didn''t help some clubs.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48 49 the 3rd"]Personally , I am more interested in Ricardo''s BLT ...is there a new menu on the catering stands ?[/quote]According to Tom Cavendish it''s the Bacon and Lettuce Triangle or the Broadland Growth Tomato. I''m not sure if I''ve got that right though.[:D]