Sign in to follow this  
Canaries north

Vultures

So some on here think we are down already and some think we have a chance but if the best or worst happened who would be picked off by the vultures. I can see Redmond being targeted by some premier league teams but not many others. As for the other relegation candidates Shelvey would be targeted on reputation alone and someone would have a punt on Defoe. Who do you think would still have. A premiership career next year if relegated.

Not many, Krull perhaps or Defoe, though wouldn''t be willing to pay mega wages for Defoe.

Not many defenders will be getting a move back to this level that''s for damned sure. Maybe Kone, O''Shea and Lescott. If Klose leaves it certainly won''t be to a PL club on this evidence so far as he still hasn''t adapted. Pinto looks a good player now but i think he''ll slip under the radar and stay.

Wijnaldum, Krul, Townsend, Shelvey, Mitrovic (my god, how awful must McLaren be!!) Rodwell, Defoe, Lens, Mannone, Ayew, Gil and Grealish most likely will be snapped up.

From us I can only see Redmond and Brady receiving serious bids. I''d absolutely hate to lose those two, but if we could get £25m for them both we could build a very good side and give Neil exactly what he needs to get us back up again.

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]Clearly Brady would be snapped up, and I can''t imagine Klose staying. Naismith would probably stay, as I think he''s moved his family here.[/quote]Actually i cant imagine Klose leaving, was a big move for him to come to England, plus he most of all wanted regular week in week out football and from his words i sense hes a loyal guy. Yes Redmond will almost certainly go. Brady  may want to go, but dont forget contracts, hes only a year into his with City.Another thing to consider is Alex himself, thinking on his stubborness over Grabban, and Lafferty, he may well refuse any guy leaving, sticking to the letter on contracts, not allowing guys to go. The Martins and Bassongs will of course stay, maybe vultures do not  like the taste of their meat. But speaking of contracts of course, there are relegation clauses in some i suppose, but im not privy to who has them.

From ones I''d want us to keep I reckon only Redmond would go in summer. If we were bombing in Jan perhaps Brady and Klose would be off too.

If we paid 8 million for Brady I can''t see why we would want to sell for any less, he''s been our best player this season.

If Brady''s worth 8 million you would have to put Redmond on a par at the very least, probably with some "he''s English" tax added on top.

So yes you''re talking in the region of 20 million. Only pitfall with Redmond is he''ll be in his last season of his contract but i''m sure there''ll be more than 1 team interested, thus driving the price up.

Last time around our two big losses were Snodgrass and Fer.

Many for, various reasons, considered it no loss at all given Snoddy''s antics and the disappointment that was Fer.

We did, nevertheless, make a profit on both.

I should have both Redmond and Brady in double figures, OR, although £25m for the pair is probably slightly stretching it.

You never know though. From a newly promoted moneybags? Think £8m from Bournemouth for Tyrone Mings (which saved the skin of ITFC, it would seem.)

Hopefully we will be able to dig our heals in, keep the players we want to retain happy and bounce back.

BUT. This is premature as we have the means and the fixtures to pull off a bit of surprise escape. The next few weeks will see some of the most important games in the history of our Club, IMO, and all being well we could then be looking towards strengthening rather than weakening the squad.

I suppose it is testament, to a certain degree of achievement on our behalf, whereby we are still in with a shout of survival, despite having far fewer players than all our rivals who would attract interest from others.

Not kidding. If we can''t get at least £12m each for them in this current market then it''s not worth considering. Redmond knows he still hasn''t made it yet and knows he needs to play regularly and improve. I''m confident he''d sign an extension unless a really big or established team came in for him, but if that was the case we should be looking a big money anyway.

He''s only 22. Antonio at WHU is a pretty decent player who I''m sure we''d all like but at 25 he''s only just got his move to the PL this year and was playing lower Championship football at Redmonds age.

25 Million is only if we''re relegated. I''d be looking at a hell of a lot more to be honest if we stay up

Redmond, Brady, Tettey and Naismith will all be snapped up I think. Perhaps Klose too. Funny how none of our strikers will be sought after. Mind you, we only own one first team striker now.