Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sunderland or Newcastle?

Who do you want to join us in the Championship. I''d love for both of them to go down with the Villa but doesn''t like likely. Sunderland have been at the bottom of the Premier League just as long as Villa and deserve to go and it will mean Fat Sam shall show some contrition. But Newcastle have spent close to £50m have Ashley and appointed McClaren who has the experience Neil lacks but retains the managerial ineptitude he honed as England boss.

Hobson''s choice I hope we can put another nail in their coffins by winning at carrow Rd in what will be our Prem swansong.

I''m a great believer that odd & quirky things happen in sport.The sort of things that go into the history books and eventually come up as questions in pub quizzes.This will be the first time ever that both Newcastle & Sunderland get relegated whilst Middlesborough get promoted.

Love them both to go but as we have spent a quarter of a season picking up one point it really doesn''t look likely.

Would prefer Newcastle myself. Couldn''t happen to a better person than Ashley (imo!)

Last time Newcastle went down they returned at first attempt same will happen this time should {unlikely} they go down meaning only One automatic place up for grabs.

[quote user="daly"]Last time Newcastle went down they returned at first attempt same will happen this time should {unlikely} they go down meaning only One automatic place up for grabs.[/quote]Wow, you have taken pessimism to a whole new level there.Not only do you have us already relegated, but you have lengthened the odds of us getting promoted next season![:D]

While it''s still to play for due to us being as incapable as each other, if we do go down id rather Sunderland join us. I agree Newcastle would sack maclaren and sort themselves out like last time. Their squad on paper shouldn''t be down there.

Sunderland for me. I''m sick of them doing the managerial-bounce tactic, sick of ''Big'' Sam and his overblown sense of himself, and the club are being evasive over exactly what they knew about Adam Johnson (saying that they thought he was going to plead not-guilty is NOT the same as saying they thought he was innocent).

They''ll both stay up. Or so I was reliably informed a week or so ago. So I think we''ll get relegated twice. Which means we''ll be in league one. ( Third division south in old money.....)

Newcastle , think they said on Match of the Day last night that they still had 6 of the bottom 7 to play , add to that they will almost certainly sack the manager anytime now (most clubs do make at least an effort to survive) and their home form is ok so they should be fine .

[quote user="daly"]Last time Newcastle went down they returned at first attempt same will happen this time should {unlikely} they go down meaning only One automatic place up for grabs.[/quote]https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--sizY0Z-Q--/b_rgb:fffffe,t_Heather%20Preview/c_limit,f_jpg,h_313,q_90,w_313/v1446078075/production/designs/26035_0http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/iwetmypants4fun/13494514/1121/1121_320.jpg[:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="daly"]Last time Newcastle went down they returned at first attempt same will happen this time should {unlikely} they go down meaning only One automatic place up for grabs.[/quote]Wow, you have taken pessimism to a whole new level there.Not only do you have us already relegated, but you have lengthened the odds of us getting promoted next season![/quote]
He''s right though.  Klose would be first out of the door, then Redmond would be sold to balance the books, Howson would return to Leeds and improve them 1000%, O''Neil would be signed by a London club like Brentford to give them midfield solidity, Tettey will go back to Norway to keep his international career alive, Hoolahan will leave to join a club who can use him properly, like Derby County, Jerome would go to another PL team as a benchwarmer to protect his income, Mbokani won''t play in the Championship so he''ll be off, Brady will go for £10m to a decent Premier League team and good luck to him, he''s far too good for us anyway, Olsson will go back to Blackburn to join the almighty exalted one, and Ruddy will want to rekindle his England career with a move to a half-decent Premier League side such as Burnley.  Bassong will undoubtedly leave as well, probably to the USA so he can have a whole cupboard full of guns without getting in trouble for it.  Naismith will join Celtic and score 45 goals in 36 games.  Bennett will have had enough of being snubbed in favour of Martin and will retire.
We''ll be left with
                       Rudd
Pinto    Martin(c)    Whittaker    Toffolo
Murphy   Mulumbu  McGrandles    Jarvis (probably injured all season)
               That lad from Coventry
                           Lafferty
What a complete human tragedy our football club is becoming.

It will still be an easy 6 points against the scum though. Would we only need one sub on the bench for Jarvis like the old days?

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]
We''ll be left with
                       Rudd
Pinto    Martin(c)    Whittaker    Toffolo
Murphy   Mulumbu  McGrandles    Jarvis (probably injured all season)
               That lad from Coventry
                           Lafferty
What a complete human tragedy our football club is becoming.

[/quote]At least we''ll have a solid core of scapegoats in central defence.

Reading this quite damning article in the Pinkuns favourite national, if I was a Newcastle supporter I''d be really fearful of the drop despite them having one of the ''better'' run ins. If you believe what''s been published the club sound like Villa mk2. Fingers crossed they keep hold of the brolly wally (sorry can''t link properly!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3475316/Newcastle-boss-Steve-McClaren-sacked-club-lose-Bournemouth-senior-players-grow-frustrated-reign.html

I''m hoping we win tomorrow, cutting us to 3 points behind Swansea, Newcastle draw with Bournemouth (keeps the cherries in the mix with the worst run in of the lot), and Sunderland and Villa both lose.