Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

1 point from the last 24

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Vintage ''93 wrote,

"The bad news for those who think we''d easily yo-yo back up is that two of the teams going down will probably be big clubs who are more than likely to be pressing for the automatic places. That''s not even mentioning the fact that the Championship seems to many to be getting more competitive."

I''d argue that Villa won''t be in much of a position to launch a challenge next season as they''re in a mess on and off the field, I would concede that either Sunderland or Newcastle would be pretty firm favourites to walk the league.

As for us, we need to look at Hull and how they have kept most of their squad together after relegation in order to challenge again. Further comfort should be gained from the fact that Burnley are too around the top two places.

[/quote]

Whoever goes down from Sunderland, Newcastle or us will lose many of their top earning players. I''d say we''d be pretty much guaranteed to lose Redmond, Klose, Pinto and Naismith, those last 3 ought to have negotiated a relegation get-out clause. Add Bamford, Mbokani, Ruddy, Howson to that list and we''re looking at a root and branch clear out and an opportunity to start again with the Murphys, McGrandles, Thomson, Maddison and Toffolo. Whether that''s good enough to get us promoted is another story...

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]BOOOOOOOOOOO

MORTY OUT

SACK THE INNER CIRCLE[/quote][:D]

Well given that if we lose the next two, the pressure will be on the board to consider if AN is the best option.

We can debate it on here but it''s down to our owners.

As for losing high earners, well yep, but that''s no bad thing considering they haven''t kept us up and let''s not forget we do have some very talented young guns with experience at lower league clubs who are going to be hungry to prove themselves.

If we can keep Rudd, Brady, Pinto, Klose, Bennett, Tettey, Howson, Martin, Wes, Jarvis, O''Neil, Laffs and Jerome, that''s a very strong spine to a championship side, then add the young guns of Murphy''s, Thompson, Maddison while selling the likes of Mulumbu, Dorrans, Ollson, Ruddy, Redder''s, Naismith should be a financially sound and exciting season.

A change in manager, not sure it will happen but if we could tempt Brendon Rodgers then I would any yes please, not sure that would happen.

Hope we see the shipping out of the likes of Martin , Bassong , Jerome etc , they have had their chances and proved they are just not good enough . We need to put together a team that can go up and make a decent fist of staying up , far too many players have been at this club far too long . If Alex Neil does not show any sign of improvement in the last 10 games i would get shot of him too , any manager that ships out about £12 million pounds worth of strikers in the Jan window and then brings in one loan that he wont play is pretty suspect imo .

the question i always come back to

with this squad who has AN and his coaches improved

so all this we have the worse squad i dont believe that in fact i believe that if some of our players could play for other teams in the EPL

problem is the coaches and manager are not improving the players with coaching or tactic approach

name one player who has improved under holt and frankie ?

this is the main reason i want rid of AN

terrible form more players out of form in one season than i can remember

that must lay at the managers door if you can get player over performing like lambert did when he was here a club are size can stay up

i would get moyes at all costs look at everton when he was there brought some great youngest through bought well big player experience

[quote user="Woodman"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Vintage ''93 wrote,

"The bad news for those who think we''d easily yo-yo back up is that two of the teams going down will probably be big clubs who are more than likely to be pressing for the automatic places. That''s not even mentioning the fact that the Championship seems to many to be getting more competitive."

I''d argue that Villa won''t be in much of a position to launch a challenge next season as they''re in a mess on and off the field, I would concede that either Sunderland or Newcastle would be pretty firm favourites to walk the league.

As for us, we need to look at Hull and how they have kept most of their squad together after relegation in order to challenge again. Further comfort should be gained from the fact that Burnley are too around the top two places.

[/quote]

Whoever goes down from Sunderland, Newcastle or us will lose many of their top earning players. I''d say we''d be pretty much guaranteed to lose Redmond, Klose, Pinto and Naismith, those last 3 ought to have negotiated a relegation get-out clause. Add Bamford, Mbokani, Ruddy, Howson to that list and we''re looking at a root and branch clear out and an opportunity to start again with the Murphys, McGrandles, Thomson, Maddison and Toffolo. Whether that''s good enough to get us promoted is another story...[/quote]GJL - It might look terrible now for Villa, but they''ve been such an ever-present in the top league (since the 1988/89 season) that I would expect them to turn it around similar to how Newcastle did. Some say they bought too many younger less experienced players to replace their best experienced players, so perhaps they''d not have to have a complete clearout.I would say that Burnley have somewhat gone against the grain in terms of looking further down the road than most clubs when they got promoted. They hardly spent anything and used the money to build for the longer term.In terms of keeping managers, Burnley and Hull look like they made the right decisions. Next season could be similar with Villa, and depending on who joins them, Alex Neil, Allardyce and McClaren remaining in their jobs. At least none of them look like they want to jump ship.

Woodman - I agree about losing players. Since buying quite a few very young ''prospects'' we now lack players in their mid-20''s who are proved to some degree.In the past we''ve been too focused on the season ahead, to the detriment of the long term health of the squad. We need to keep the cycle turning, otherwise we''ll find ourselves in a similar position in the future, having a bigger rebuild than would otherwise be the case.

We''ve played 28 games and have 24 points.

Last season when Leicester had played 28 games they were sitting bottom of the table with 19 points. By the end of the season they finished 14th with 41 points.

I don''t think we can do the same in terms of points tally yet I do think we can realistically beat Swansea, Sunderland and Newcastle and a few others

We''ve had some really hard fixtures these last few months excluding Villa and Bournemouth - the performances have been decent (except the ones mentioned) but not the results. On paper you''d think we''d have got 2 or 3 more points through January and February. Looking at our fixtures I think there''s reason to at least be hopeful.

....probably shouldn''t tell you that at this point under Hughton we had 4 more points then.

The run has been horrendous. One of 2 things will happen we will start getting some wins which will give us a chance or we will continue in the current poor form. If that happens regardless of what the board have said no one could survive a haul of lets say 6 points from 54 points it would be unheard of and would have to prompt a change before the start of next season.

I do think things will turn for the better as to if that proves good enough to stay up is another thing