Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

1 point from the last 24

That is diabolical. If the board don''t act now it will be all over. The current situation is, in my opinion, far more dire than when CH was sacked with 5 games to go.

AN appears to be out of his depth and clueless as to that to do next.

With so much money at stack next season with cash windfall from being in the Premiership i cannot understand why te board are not doing anything.

And it''s no use saying City put up a spirited performance and lost. It''s points that count.

With our minuscule financial clout in this league and limited options at the back and up front a poor or average manager would most likely have us performing around how Villa have this season. I think we''ve done okay all things considered.

I''ve seen enough of this team under 3 different managers to know we''re set up well and performing near our maximum currently and we have looked a better side than our last PL one for most of the season but we still just don''t have enough quality through the team. If we stay up this year it would be an astonishing achievement and we''re still in with a slight chance of doing that

Look at Hull and Burnley this year. Even if we go down we need to keep our manager and hope we can improve our side over the summer. I''d mainly look at improving team cohesion, not looking to the best players per position but the best fit for how our manager wants to play to hopefully cut out the soft easily exploitable underbelly of our current side

You really think Neil can improve our team over the summer with his transfer dealings? Judging what he has signed so far and how many of them have been a success I really doubt it!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]You really think Neil can improve our team over the summer with his transfer dealings? Judging what he has signed so far and how many of them have been a success I really doubt it![/quote]So a different manager with exactly the same budget would do better?Who do you have in mind?

If you appoint a manager that is 33 years old and has been manager at one club previously, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Alex Neil was always gonna be on a steep learning curve. There is no way you can compare this Norwich side with Chris Hughton''s side. Yes, we''ve had some games where we haven''t turned up this season but there is no doubt in my mind that the players fight for Alex Neil...we stick with him until the seasons out and sit down, see where we''re at.

Well based on the evidence of Hull and Burnley sticking with their managers, i think we''d be wise to keep with him. I hope the likes of Brady, Redmond and Klose will stay. Team the solid core we have with a decent striker and we''re head and shoulders above everyone in the championship.

Indeed, we have an even stronger team than last time in the championship as well as the fact that we''ll have Alex Neil for the whole season. If we keep the players like we did last time then we''ll go straight back up, no doubt about it.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Indeed, we have an even stronger team than last time in the championship as well as the fact that we''ll have Alex Neil for the whole season. If we keep the players like we did last time then we''ll go straight back up, no doubt about it.[/quote]Once everybody who is here just for Premiership football ships out , and then we get shot of all the players that need shipping out we will be left needing to build a whole new team , could be many years getting back , top of the Champs is very big money these days to rich for the likes of Delia .

if we had a manager who could gel the team get them performing above their level

training players to improve

like lambert did i am not saying bring lambert back as his time was with norwich has been and gone

i would have moyes over AN anyday of the week

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We could lose the next 20 games and people still wouldn''t have a word said against Alex![/quote]You mean a bit like Mr. McNally who is heading to have two relegations on his CV in three seasons. Always thought the buck stopped at the top and as CEO he heads up the business of running the football club.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We could lose the next 20 games and people still wouldn''t have a word said against Alex![/quote]You mean a bit like Mr. McNally who is heading to have two relegations on his CV in three seasons. Always thought the buck stopped at the top and as CEO he heads up the business of running the football club.[/quote]Or who is enjoying the 4th season in the last 5 in the Premiership perhaps?Depends how full your cup is.

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 2016-03-03 1:49 AM:

We could lose the next 20 games and people still wouldn''t have a word said against Alex!

Could!! More like will!

It''s a funny one. Because we are told that the board hold us back by blocking the investment of people who have invested in the clubs who remain below us. I''ve been struggling with that one for some time but can only assume our board are either miracle workers or the investment they supposedly blocked was not all that..

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]No matter how full your cup is Mortimer, "enjoying" is stretching it extremely far![/quote]Did you go last night?Despite the result I found the game extremely enjoyable.If you aren''t enjoying it, stop going is the only advice I can give you.

Yes Tilly, Mcnally as well. The man who in his words, may well suffer a fate worse than death twice in three seasons. Maybe his six figure relegation bonus will ease the pain a little?

morty wrote the following post at 2016-03-03 2:07 AM:

Or who is enjoying the 4th season in the last 5 in the Premiership perhaps?

i don''t think he is actually enjoying it at all. Maybe his bonuses for getting us there, yes, but not what''s happening otherwise.

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2016-03-03 2:07 AM:

Or who is enjoying the 4th season in the last 5 in the Premiership perhaps?

i don''t think he is actually enjoying it at all. Maybe his bonuses for getting us there, yes, but not what''s happening otherwise.[/quote]You know exactly what I meant.Do you not think that four seasons out of five, in the toughest league in the world, can be considered success?

If it''s true that a football club''s ability to succeed is a matter of  how rich the owners are then McNally is clearly the best CE in England by a very big margin. But is it true?

Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome wrote:

''Who we gonna replace him with that''s going to keep us up.''

Love that this question does not end in a question mark....Because there isn''t an answer!

NBS - I don''t think anyone is saying Neil is flawless at all. Most on here accept that he has made plenty of mistakes this season, but I do believe, despite this, that he''s the best man to take the club forwards. Do you disagree? If so who would you rather be in charge?

I think we have to stick with the manager. I have always felt that the club didn''t expect us to get promoted and when we did we didn''t have a premier league transfer plan as such hence why such a poor transfer window in the summer. Signing defenders in January isn''t great this should be one area settled in the summer with January being more about offensive players.

Shipping in two new defensive players into a new team and new league in a high pressure environment was always a risk which unfortunately due to lack of defensive signings in the summer and the last few seasons will cost us I fear once again this year.

The club didn''t expect us to get promoted when we had a squad that would have been the envy of pretty much any club in the Championship?

Not getting promoted last season would have been a huge failure.

Wtf is wrong with you? Are you ever disappointed? Do you realise that you are telling everyone that you enjoy seeing Norwich crumble and fold? Please dont enjoy watching Norwich struggle.

It was a balls up in the summer window. Is Alex Neil to blame for that? No.As I said on another thread, I think Klose has made a real difference since he''s come in. But what if we had him (or an equivalent central defender) in to summer?As Tilly has alluded, we need to look beyond beyond the footballing department and ask a few questions of those higher up the chain of responsibility. It''d be entirely healthy, and certainly more productive than pointing fingers at the players or making the manager into a scapegoat.

[quote user="93vintage"]It was a balls up in the summer window. Is Alex Neil to blame for that? No.As I said on another thread, I think Klose has made a real difference since he''s come in. But what if we had him (or an equivalent central defender) in to summer?As Tilly has alluded, we need to look beyond beyond the footballing department and ask a few questions of those higher up the chain of responsibility. It''d be entirely healthy, and certainly more productive than pointing fingers at the players or making the manager into a scapegoat.[/quote]Ooh, we booking St Andrews hall for a protest meeting?Or we going to face the police horses at Carrow road?[;)]

Alex Neils signings have been poor , he had the money in January and we dont look any better whatsoever . Dorrans , Mulumbu , Jarvis all poor has he actually made a good signing yet ? and he spent a million on Andreau too . Maybe a good idea not to let him waste too much more .