Sign in to follow this  
morty

U21's

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Hey Norfolk Broads - well spotted - but you missed "I''ll PUT it like this".........................[/quote]Oh sorry, that is a good parting shot

Not matter about the level, a striker is a striker and he knows where the back of the net is whilst our other strikers, and I use the word advisedly, plainly don''t. Can''t understand why he doesn''t get a chance.

Gutted that I couldn''t get there tonight. We just conceded in 90+3 so it looks like a defeat. Anyone know what the side was?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Gutted that I couldn''t get there tonight. We just conceded in 90+3 so it looks like a defeat. Anyone know what the side was?[/quote]Andreu hit the bar earlier, Vadis played too.

From Twitter:

Under-21s | Starting XI vs @MCFC: Matthews; Hall-Johnson, Crowe, Efete, Uade; Godfrey, Grant; Odjidja, Andreu, Ashley-Seal; Lafferty

Subs: Middleton, Oxborough (GK), Adams, Coker, Eaton-Collins

Quite a strong team. If I''d have gone I''d have been slightly disappointed because I enjoy seeing the youngsters. We could have done with some of these at Manchester Utd when we had U18s facing their experienced players though. But I have noticed that clubs only play over age in home fixtures. I hope we get enough points to survive in Division One of the U21PL. All is not lost yet.

Three of the forgotten men of Norwich City......Lafferty, Vadis and Andreu. I dread to think how much that pile of dead wood are costing us a week.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Why are they still even here?[/quote]Because you need a squad of players that includes players, that if they push themselves to their limits, they challenge established squad members to stay on their game, or be usurped?

[quote user="Vanwink"]You need a squad of players who are good enough to play.[/quote]They can''t all be good enough to hold down a starting spot though, can they? Even in Man City''s squad there are equivalent players to ours, who are a long way off a starting slot.

Well you say that but it''s quite clear that Lafferty will never get a game so why is he here?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Well you say that but it''s quite clear that Lafferty will never get a game so why is he here?[/quote]Because I suspect Lafferty was also bought as a bit of a squad filler, with the idea that we wouldn''t get promoted out of the Championship at the first time of asking. Which we wouldn''t have, had Alex Neil not come along.And he is quite happily sucking up Premiership wages for the odd game for the U21''s. Sure, making all the noises that he wants to go out on loan, but kinda likes the money here. Much the same way Becchio did.Basically we''re stuck with him till his contract runs down.

Yes Lafferty scored but looked very lazy and unimpressive and spent most of the game until subbed arguing with the 2 linesmen. Rufused to chase anything and and if the ball was not delivered to his feet Inch perfect he wouldn''t bother to go after it. Can''t remember seeing him attempt not even a tackle either. LAZY!!!

Inch High aka Inchy.. wrote the following post at 2016-03-05 4:02 AM:

Yes Lafferty scored but looked very lazy and unimpressive and spent most of the game until subbed arguing with the 2 linesmen. Rufused to chase anything and and if the ball was not delivered to his feet Inch perfect he wouldn''t bother to go after it.

Hardly surprising! Has been frozen out Bassong style!

It is about ability and attitude. Andreu is probably staying in case we get relegated at which point he will play. VOO and Lafferty have ability but their attitude hardly shouts out "pick me, I am up for it."

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]It is about ability and attitude. Andreu is probably staying in case we get relegated at which point he will play. VOO and Lafferty have ability but their attitude hardly shouts out "pick me, I am up for it."[/quote]

Not unless we are good back to league one. Andreu wont be playing next season.