Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Pinto interview

Thought he came across well:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10192241/pinto-weve-been-unlucky?

I think you could argue that most, if not all, of our goals have been good ones - anyone remember any spawny ones? - But every chance the opposition is presented with they score.

West Ham, for example. Moses did incredibly well, but really the ball could have been deflected by either of the tackles. Noble''s goal was well taken - but how many times would he scuff it? He''s not a nailed-on finisher.

We''ve been lucky sometimes when not conceding goals, but it just seems that more opportunities are taken against us than other teams - didn''t Arsenal hit the woodwork 3 times against Swansea?

I''m convinced there''s a lot of psychology in this. Jerome is now in a bad place; never prolific, his misses are getting worse. Teams against us just know they''re going to score - no need to panic, just relax, we''re bound to score against this lot.

We desperately need a decent win, just to kick start a run of 2 or 3 which could yet save us .

COYY!!

Very likeable guy. He''s probably settled in quickly because he''s become popular and felt at home right away. I really like him as a player now as well, he''s like Whittaker but with pace and a consistently good cross.

He should establish himself as our first choice right back from now on.