Sign in to follow this  
pete

Tomorrows team

Massive loss? Tettey''s a massive loss. Brady would be a massive loss. Klose has only been alright at best.

For 8 million and all the hype I was hoping for a real step up on our current bunch, a commanding player who could come in and control our back line. In reality he''s been on par with what we already had.

Yup. Not his fault and he might look an even better player next season but we needed someone who was ready to come in and significantly improve us right now.

Yes it''s a massive loss for tomorrow if he doesn''t make it. Likely center back pairing of Bennett and Martin as Bassong may not feature either for what is a must win match

There isn''t but he is touch and go to make it. Hopefully he will

I really really hope Bamford gets a start tomorrow. It would be wonderful if he was paired with Jerome or MBokani. Somehow I will be disappointed, I so wish Neil would go for it.

He needs at least a half to give him a chance. But you can usually see something about a player after even a few minutes on the pitch; I''ve just not seen anything to suggests he''s the answer to our problems, certainly no sense of urgency about him.

Also a bit like Kane. A talented young forward who may not get enough game time to show what he''s got.

sonyc wrote the following post at 04/03/2016 8:15 PM:

Really Miggins? He hasn''t even had a proper chance yet.

------------------------

I know what you mean sonyc, he may well end up a good loan signing if he were given the chance. The reason why I said this and had also said this when we got Jarvis on loan (who I don''t rate too highly) is that I''ve seen him play at his previous club(s) and think this season is a stretch too far for him at such a young age at this level, especially when I consider Jerome and Mbokani better options.

I will have to emphasise that I said ''this'' season as I think the lad has got a good future ahead of him and will be a regular starter in a PL team providing he bulks up a bit. If we were to go down I think it would be in everyones interest if we were to get him either on loan or on a permanent deal.

So although it may seem as if I am writing him off (as it may also appear with Jarvis) I would argue that I have an informed opinion.

The reason why I have criticised other posters for writing players off is because I do not believe those posters have an informed opinion of that particular player they have written off. The poster; Broadstairs for example said that Pinto basically shouldn''t play again having seen him in his first two games; I criticised this and I think I was right to do so considering his much improved performances in the last few games.

Jerome and Mbokani have not got a goal in them if they are better options than Bamford he may as well give up any hope of a top flight career , why did Neil pursue him so vigorously if he wont give him any game time ? for me this club could really benefit from a half decent manager and not one that keeps making the same mistakes week after week .If that is the starting line up that has been posted i would expect a comfortable Swansea win probably by 3 or 4 goals .

If Bamford isn''t going to start from now til the rest of the season serious questions have to be asked of the manager for signing him on loan in the first place surely as its a waste of money isnt it?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]If Bamford isn''t going to start from now til the rest of the season serious questions have to be asked of the manager for signing him on loan in the first place surely as its a waste of money isnt it?[/quote]No.

Informed opinion? How many Wet Spam games did you see?

Bamford was signed on loan by AN to play this season. Our strike rate is poor and we have nothing to lose by throwing him in tomorrow, which I think we will.

Your post has a very arrogant and superior tone to it I might add.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Informed opinion? How many Wet Spam games did you see?

Bamford was signed on loan by AN to play this season. Our strike rate is poor and we have nothing to lose by throwing him in tomorrow, which I think we will.

Your post has a very arrogant and superior tone to it I might add.[/quote]We have everything to lose.Picking a player by the logic of "We have nothing to lose" isn''t a selection process I am entirely comfortable with.Personally I am happier with the manager watching how the players perform in training, then selecting who he thinks is the best choice.

That''s why Bamford will play tomorrow IMO.

The manager signed him only a few weeks ago, you don''t sign a young striker on loan for a few months if you don''t intend to use him.

If he''s not considered up to the job the why did we bring him in?

[quote user="Vanwink"]That''s why Bamford will play tomorrow IMO.

The manager signed him only a few weeks ago, you don''t sign a young striker on loan for a few months if you don''t intend to use him.

If he''s not considered up to the job the why did we bring him in?[/quote]Squad filler / all we could afford?

I can''t understand why a fair few posters appeared to write off Klose. He''s made a real difference to our defence, several times turning defence to attack with a simple pass, as opposed to hoofing it upfield and losing possession.

Vanwink wrote the following post at 04/03/2016 11:35 PM:

Informed opinion? How many Wet Spam games did you see?

Your post has a very arrogant and superior tone to it I might add.

-----------------------

Responding to me?

Sad day if we are signing squad fillers in January, particularly this January after such a poor summer window and with so much at stake.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Baldyboy"]If Bamford isn''t going to start from now til the rest of the season serious questions have to be asked of the manager for signing him on loan in the first place surely as its a waste of money isnt it?[/quote]No.[/quote]Not in Morty''s world apparently. But in the real world, yes, if  Bamford doesn''t play a significant amount of minutes between now and the end of the season then serious questions have to be raised of the manager''s thought process.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Sad day if we are signing squad fillers in January, particularly this January after such a poor summer window and with so much at stake.[/quote]Thats the spirit[Y]

[quote user="Keith Scott"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Baldyboy"]If Bamford isn''t going to start from now til the rest of the season serious questions have to be asked of the manager for signing him on loan in the first place surely as its a waste of money isnt it?[/quote]No.[/quote]Not in Morty''s world apparently. But in the real world, yes, if  Bamford doesn''t play a significant amount of minutes between now and the end of the season then serious questions have to be raised of the manager''s thought process.[/quote]Think Harry Kane when we had him on loan, thats about where Bamford is right now.Hope that helps[Y]

We signed squad fillers in the summer as well, knowing they would be squad fillers. Thats what Dorrans was...and Mulumbu; a free squad filler that added a bit of PL experience to the squad to play the odd game.

Every team needs squad fillers who can do a job. Our problem was that we didn''t spend the money we had on quality players, we just didn''t spend the money (despite coming close with a few large offers apparently according to Mcnally in the summer).