Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

If we lose at Swansea

Will it be acceptable? I ask as so many people seem to think its acceptable to lose to Leicester and Chelsea. I assume as long as its done "in style" the many who accepted defeat in the last 2 games will accept it yet again?

I knew someone would say that! I would love City to win of course and really hoping they will! I do actually think they will win as this awful run has to end someday doesnt it? Just asking the question thats all

Can you quantify what "accepting defeat" entails?Because you do know that if we lose a game, no amount of whining will change it, after the fact?Or should we be lighting the torches and preparing to do battle with police horses at Carrow road?

Before the season started Baldyboy what were your expectations for the season? for me I expected a relegation scrap I accept I thought more teams would of been involved but there''s still time for this to happen.

Whatever happens this season I want the club to back our young manager so enabling him to get his ethos into the club and not follow the crowd by sacking managers every year. which is what I assume is the question you''re really asking.

i think it will decide which way the club should move forward

if we lose then clearly AN is not the man to even try and keep us up and we should change the manager ASAP

if we win then we have a chance and the board and some of the fans will be right by stick by the manager as he has enough in him to win a few more matches which give us a chance to stay up

which one it be ??

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i think it will decide which way the club should move forward

if we lose then clearly AN is not the man to even try and keep us up and we should change the manager ASAP

if we win then we have a chance and the board and some of the fans will be right by stick by the manager as he has enough in him to win a few more matches which give us a chance to stay up

which one it be ??[/quote]So do you expect us to win away in the Premiership, rather than hope for it?

well what do you hope for morty ?

i expect more than 1 point in 8 games

we have earned the right to play in this league

its NOT alright if we go down we have to do everything we can to stay up

i know morty you are behind the manager and we differ in opinion

i would love to have a manager to stay for 5 years build a team but that manger has to be good enough for this league i dont think AN is

This thread is absolute bollox. No surprise there though.

I don''t know any City fan who ever accepts defeat. Although I do know some who behave like spoiled brats when we lose. Picking on their fall back target to blame as if finding a scapegoat somehow absolves them from supporting a losing team. But quite honestly I have never seen either reaction change the result although some turned their back after relegation in 2009 and missed one of the most exciting periods in the club''s history...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well what do you hope for morty ?

i expect more than 1 point in 8 games

we have earned the right to play in this league

its NOT alright if we go down we have to do everything we can to stay up

i know morty you are behind the manager and we differ in opinion

i would love to have a manager to stay for 5 years build a team but that manger has to be good enough for this league i dont think AN is[/quote]I hope for a win, I certainly don''t expect one.So what would you do then, sack him? Who is your choice to replace him and stay up? Please don''t say "Brendan Rodgers" because it is patently obvious he wouldn''t come to a relegation threatened Norwich City.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This thread is absolute bollox. No surprise there though.

I don''t know any City fan who ever accepts defeat. Although I do know some who behave like spoiled brats when we lose. Picking on their fall back target to blame as if finding a scapegoat somehow absolves them from supporting a losing team. But quite honestly I have never seen either reaction change the result although some turned their back after relegation in 2009 and missed one of the most exciting periods in the club''s history...

[/quote]

Mind you, quite a lot of 1p5wich fans seem to think the playoff result doesn''t count because we scored a goal from a penalty and also because our squad of players was better than theirs.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Nobody expecting a draw then?[/quote]Under different circumstances a draw wouldn''t be unacceptable.

Before the season started I expected we would finish around 15th and at least be on a par with the two other teams that came up. I felt the squad needed upgrading and needed better players but the ones we had could reach 15th. I was disappointed that we never made many signings but the ones we got had improved the squad. I thought we had a manager who would know what his best side was and we would regularly see that side. I also felt Alex Neil needed some experienced help with a decent number 2.

Unfortunately not much that I expected has happened, whilst there is a slim possibility we could still stay up if we lose tomorrow I think theat we will be relegated, which isn''t as disastrous as it seems IF the squad is then overhauled and decent young players are given a chance.

I hope that answers your question Morty, whilst I accept I may seem like a doom monger its only because whether you believe it or not, I hurt badly when things go so poorly for the club I have supported for over 40 years, and the same mistakes are continually made by board and managers even though they tell us they are learning from those mistakes.

A loss is never unacceptable. It''s the manner of the loss which can be unacceptable. If we play superbly, but Fabianski decides to have a good day, and Swansea fluke a goal then you could get over that, as annoying as it would be. However, if we went there and decided to not turn up, looking like we''d been out on the lash the night before and getting completely turned over then that would be unacceptable.

On regards to AN, we should stick with him regardless of whether or not we stay in this league, for me I would only consider parting company with him if we were relegated and doing poorly in the Championship whilst showing no signs of improvement.

Yes Baldy. We know how you feel when things go badly. But what none of us know is how you feel when things go well. On all known form you don''t seem to care and can''t wait for the next dose of doom and gloom.

I think it very much depends on the circumstances, we could play well, their keeper has a blinder and the ref award them a dodgy penalty in the 97th minute, we could equally be garbage. That all said if you are the type of person who gets upset when their team loses I would suggest you be thankful that is all you have in your life to upset you.....

If we lose to Swansea, all it means is there is one less team at the bottom to get ahead of, as they will draw clear.   Our survival almost certainly boils down to our matches against Sunderland and Newcastle anyway, so although beating Swansea would be great for our cause, in the scheme of the season, there are other fish to fry and sufficient points available elswhere not to get too hung up about Swansea.  If we can''t win, a draw would actually be a useful result. 

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Before the season started I expected we would finish around 15th and at least be on a par with the two other teams that came up. I felt the squad needed upgrading and needed better players but the ones we had could reach 15th. I was disappointed that we never made many signings but the ones we got had improved the squad. I thought we had a manager who would know what his best side was and we would regularly see that side. I also felt Alex Neil needed some experienced help with a decent number 2.

Unfortunately not much that I expected has happened, whilst there is a slim possibility we could still stay up if we lose tomorrow I think theat we will be relegated, which isn''t as disastrous as it seems IF the squad is then overhauled and decent young players are given a chance.

I hope that answers your question Morty, whilst I accept I may seem like a doom monger its only because whether you believe it or not, I hurt badly when things go so poorly for the club I have supported for over 40 years, and the same mistakes are continually made by board and managers even though they tell us they are learning from those mistakes.[/quote]I have supported Norwich City for a mere 25 years, and I think the last 7 years have been the best I have seen. We have spent 4 out of the last 5 seasons in the toughest league in the world.We will always have limitations in the modern game, primarily financially, and unless you or I want to put our hands in our pockets to the tune of several ( and more) millions, then there ain''t much else we can do about our position, other than continue to support.I think a lot of people have very much changed how they view things, this season. There is an angry impatience that I haven''t seen before, totally different to our last relegation season.I guess my cup is more full than yours.

Indeed M, things are not going poorly for the club, the danger I suppose is that they could be. The last time we went down we managed to keep (basically) all the players and go straight back up again, yet if we were to dismantle our squad if we do get relegated then things could look very bad indeed; I would be very dissatisfied if i was a Fulham or Cardiff supporter.

Actually I''ve not felt that impatience at all during the matches (on here is an entirely different thing). The crowd response at the end of the Chelsea game was very supportive considering the run we''re on.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Actually I''ve not felt that impatience at all during the matches (on here is an entirely different thing). The crowd response at the end of the Chelsea game was very supportive considering the run we''re on.[/quote]Indeed, which says to me that most fans accept how hard it is, and how Alex Neil hasn''t got as much to work with as we would all like him to have.Taking away the ridiculous opening goal for Chelsea, and their offside other one, I felt most of the crowd recognised that the players gave their all.

In answer to you Nutty, I am happy obviously when things are going well, but I dont have to crow about it do I? I was ecstatic in May at Wembley as I was in 1985 and heartbroken in 1975 as a 9 year old who cried all the way home! Just because I am more vocal when things aren''t right shouldn''t be a reason to hurl abuse my way as many people do but I am thick skinned until the insults get too personal! After all living in a democracy gives me the right to air my voice I thought without being subjected to some of the vitriol I have had on here! And isnt it the British way to complain when things are going badly, or would you say things are rosy after taking 1 point from 24? I do not have to believe all will come right or do I?

FJSPSOB thankfully yes it is all I have to get upset about!

As for my glass, well its empty at the moment as I have just finished my drink Morty! Seriously, though, I would say its neither half full or half empty, I just aspire that my club I support are the best they can be; whilst they are trying to be I am sure, I just feel they could try a little bit harder so if thats a crime I am sorry for believing that.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]FJSPSOB thankfully yes it is all I have to get upset about!

As for my glass, well its empty at the moment as I have just finished my drink Morty! Seriously, though, I would say its neither half full or half empty, I just aspire that my club I support are the best they can be; whilst they are trying to be I am sure, I just feel they could try a little bit harder so if thats a crime I am sorry for believing that.[/quote]What do you think they need to try harder at?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]In answer to you Nutty, I am happy obviously when things are going well, but I dont have to crow about it do I? I was ecstatic in May at Wembley as I was in 1985 and heartbroken in 1975 as a 9 year old who cried all the way home! Just because I am more vocal when things aren''t right shouldn''t be a reason to hurl abuse my way as many people do but I am thick skinned until the insults get too personal! After all living in a democracy gives me the right to air my voice I thought without being subjected to some of the vitriol I have had on here! And isnt it the British way to complain when things are going badly, or would you say things are rosy after taking 1 point from 24? I do not have to believe all will come right or do I?[/quote]

Crow about it? Is that how you see sharing successes in a Norwich City community? That''s really sad. Did you post just once after Wembley? But yet you can''t get enough crowing about doom and gloom. Each to their own Baldy but I would hate to be you...

Maybe investing in players at the right time such as last Summer would be a good thing for starters.

I thoroughly hope that we dont have the same fiasco next Summer whatever division we are in, especially as we actually only own 3 strikers and 2 of those are clearly unfancied by this manager.

And I dont believe either that players dont want to come here all the time, we hear that far too often I feel.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Maybe investing in players at the right time such as last Summer would be a good thing for starters.

I thoroughly hope that we dont have the same fiasco next Summer whatever division we are in, especially as we actually only own 3 strikers and 2 of those are clearly unfancied by this manager.

And I dont believe either that players dont want to come here all the time, we hear that far too often I feel.[/quote]So, we need to invent a time machine, in the first instance?Yes but you do know the primary cause players don''t want to come here, don''t you? The only reason players go to $hit holes like Leicester or Middlesboro, is cold hard cash. Pay enough, and they will come.

I really couldnt give a toss in all honesty Nutty what you think as sadly you are one of the first to have a go at people who dont say positive stuff. There is a lot more I could say that I dont like at the moment, particularly about the manager but I dont see the point really as I would no doubt be accused of being a binner or suchlike.

I have had differences with Morty in the past but he does actually talk sense when its about the football a lot of the time, whereas you Nutty just like to slag people off for having an opinion which maybe negative at times, if you stuck to football maybe people would take you more seriously.