Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Starting 11 for Swansea away...

TEAM: Ruddy; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Brady; O''Neil, Howson; Redmond, Hoolahan, Naismith; Jerome

I don''t get it. Neil is a lunatic for sticking with Jerome and Howson.

Howson has been on a run of good form. Jerome''s finishing has been woeful but he leads the line well. I guess Alex Neil is more after the work rate Jerome provides...we don''t seem to have a top premier league striker on our books. Seems slightly silly signing Bamford if he isn''t gonna get a chance from the beginning of a match.

Pinto at right back and Martin at centre back in a back four is a huge risk in a game of this importance. No hiding place for Neil if this goes badly today. He has put his neck on the line with that selection in my opinion.

*IF* we lose today my patience with Neil will be starting to wear thin..

Martin over Bennett at CB again.. A central midfield with about as much muscle as a grandma knocking on deaths door... And our most influential player still stuck at LB.... let''s hope it''s all part of a well constructed master plan.

Shame, just as we had a formation where we could go forward and defend, it all changes. Have to say I can''t see anything but a defeat with that line up

soon as i found out martin will be at CB in a flat back 4 = Game over

The ignorance to keep him there when he''s probably the worst centre back in the PL will be one of a reasons this season we get related

Pinto as s conventional right back is just as questionable as Martin at CB. Neither has worked this season. Both look OK in the system we''ve played last two games but have been hugely exposed when part of a back four.

Martin is Neil''s golden boy.

First name on the team sheet week in week out.

I hope it works but if it doesn''t you have to question Neil.

[quote user="Alejandra"]

The ignorance to keep him there when he''s probably the worst centre back in the PL will be one of a reasons this season we get related[/quote]

Ryan Bennett? Yes, you are right.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Alejandra"]

The ignorance to keep him there when he''s probably the worst centre back in the PL will be one of a reasons this season we get related[/quote]

Ryan Bennett? Yes, you are right.[/quote]

Ryan Bennett is a better centre back than Martin

I''d recomend re-watching the Liverpool/Newcastle games again if you want to see how good Martin is in that position

He is a handy right back, but he''s a terrible centre back in this league