Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Swansea vs NCFC

Afternoon,

Arguably the biggest six pointer of the season from our perspective today, 3 points for Swansea would see them go 9 points clear of us and given our current form I cannot see us overturning such a large margin. 3 points to us, however, and the picture can change. At the very least we must not lose, but for me it is a necessary 3 points if we want to give ourselves a chance of staying up.

So, Tettey is out, Brady has two missing teeth, and O''Neil has a massive chunk of his forehead missing. Tettey is unfortunately out for the rest of the season, but O''Neil and Brady are both in the squad. I haven''t spied Bassong though so assume he didn''t make the cut.

Norwich''s XI; Ruddy; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Brady; O''Neil, Howson; Redmond, Hoolahan, Naismith; Jerome

Looks like RDS7 was correct then.

To me it looks like;

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Brady

O''Neil Howson

Redmond Naismith Hoolahan

Jerome

Subs; Rudd (GK), Mbokani, Bamford, Jarvis, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Bennett

So Bassong still injured

Strangely confident. I think we''re getting the win today finally. We haven''t won many this season but our results come in fits and starts and I think this will be the start of a decent little run to hopefully get us to 35/36 before the last 3 games

Plenty of attacking options in there so fancy us to score. Defence worries me with Redmond in front of pinto on one side looking a bit open.

Going to be a hold on to your hollyhocks type of game. Time we had a bit of running and came out on the right side of a result

OTBC!

Yes Row D, that''s what I''ve been told. Colney is comparable to the best days under Lambert and Worthy. Us supporters need to keep our spirits up and be part of that. The great escape starts today in Wales. OTBC COYY!!!!

Can''t help but be concerned with that defence. Martin in the middle of a back four has not worked well in the past. I would only use him at) or as sweeper in back 5. Our right side looks particularly weak, defensively and I am sure Swansea will exploit that.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]Can''t help but be concerned with that defence. Martin in the middle of a back four has not worked well in the past. I would only use him at) or as sweeper in back 5. Our right side looks particularly weak, defensively and I am sure Swansea will exploit that.[/quote]

Sorry that was meant to be use Martin at Right Back or sweeper. R B turns into a bracket.... go figure

Unfortunately that defence is going to be shredded by Swansea''s pace. Add to that Cameron ''barn door'' Jerome still being picked and either Bamford or Lafferty not being given a chance I am beginning to lose faith In AN''s selections.

Perhaps someone can explain to me, and probably to him, why we signed Bamford.

Jerome can hold up play so someone else can score if he can''t. This attacking line up looks like AN''s plan is to score early and often, to kick them, "in the balls, City".

I''m a bit bemused as to why we aren''t going with Bamford, he''s not getting much more game-time with us than he was at Palace. He can hopefully come on against a tiring defence later in the game.

Martin to LB - oh my days our squad is beginning to feel very frail at completely the wrong time!

Ref ignored it though.

We''ve had two shots on target, yay!

0-0 H/T

Gotta feel this is there for the taking. Swansea seem more blunt up top than we are!

Masterful performance by our Manager we will go on and win this in the second half I am feeling very very confident

What a game Klose is having and howson is commanding

Could have quite easily been a penalty at the end there (maybe a freekick). Good half, I''d take Naismith off as he''s been pretty useless and bring Bamford on in his place and move Wes out left.

Jerome has had a half chance but needs t offer so much more.AN is getting frustrated with wes.may see Naismith drop back and Mbokani on for the little chap.

I''d prefer to see us have Jarvis and Redmond on the flanks, take off one of Naismith of Hoolahoop and bring on Bamford or Mbokani

Does Brady''s injury look like a bad one? My only fear is if we start getting lots of injuries in the last quarter of the season, now that would be annoying.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]If Hoolahan scores today I will neck a pint of my own piss.
This usually works.
[/quote]

Yeah, I''ll join you 🍻👍