Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Waits till we are one down before changing the front line yet again!!

Why oh why oh why?

Neil clearly never interested in winning a football match from the start.

I am so ashamed of the support this man has gained. Seems he can do no wrong.

He''s lost my support today. Same mistakes week in week out.

Out of his depth at this level.

Naismith should''ve gone off earlier for a player who was actually going to get involved in the game. We lost the midfield battle in that second half as it was like playing with 10 men.

Yes. This is my biggest gripe. Like Worthington, he rarely seems to set up to grasp the momentum. Subs are negative and seem contrived. But then the players don''t seem to be able to perform their job either. Feel sorry for the guy. I wish him a change in luck. But this run now is shocking. Man City next .....gulp..... After mauling Villa. But could we do something?

My thoughts as the game progressed re: the use of substitutes and now put to type:

After a dire first half both managers must have said to themselves at half time that the match was there for the taking, with a tinker or two.

Cue: A change by a Swansea manager who has even less managerial experience than AN.

Norwich unchanged.

Swansea up their games.

Norwich remain unchanged.

Swansea bring on Fer ... We know this player well

and, as frustrating as he can be he is capable of producing something magical. I was thinking that I wished we had a Fer to bring on capable of changing things around.

Cue: Fer lays on the goal.

Suddenly AN decides to make positive changes. Although we end the game on top and create several chances it is all too late and is frantic stuff.

We needed a win even more than Swansea, yet the inexperienced Swansea (stand-in) manger was the more pro-active in addressing the abject stalemate that the first half had deteriorated into, AND IT PAID OFF.

I remain in favour of Alex Neil, do not want him removed and will have some optimism with him at the helm should we suffer the drop, but it is a near run thing in my yellow-tinted reckoning.

I, like many, have been critical in past of his so-called tinkering when it comes to team selection, citing the need for a more settled approach. Making changes to influence the course of a game is a different matter altogether and I feel that our manager is too reticent in this respect.

He''s no Paul Lambert, that''s for sure and unluckily or not, is more or less devoid of the Midas touch from the touchline.

The run-in we now have is a crucial time in the history of our Club. Brave and bold decisions will need to be made which will demand a bit more pro-activity from AN during the ninety minutes. We need three-pointers. It is hit or bust mentality that will be needed whereby throwing caution to the wind could well often be the order of the day.

We are on the brink.

I amazed people think he will bring us back up! Where is the evidence he can do that? His signings have been poor and his game management is woeful as you allude to above. He is Worthington Mk2