Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

The board? Shhhhhhh.....

Doesn''t anyone think it''s strange that a senior member of the board (Munby, Delia etc) hasn''t come out and publicly backed Worthy?  Maybe, just maybe, they are thinking along the same lines of us fans?

I can but dream

[quote]Doesn''t anyone think it''s strange that a senior member of the board (Munby, Delia etc) hasn''t come out and publicly backed Worthy? Maybe, just maybe, they are thinking along the same lines of us fans...[/quote]

To be fair what can the board do - give The dreaded vote of confidence?  Its a two edged sword damned if they do and damned if they dont.

I certainly hope they are having the same conversations as us - but with the manager and assessing his answers on how he will get us back on track, along with setting targets of where the clubs needs to be and by when.

OTBC 

They doubtless want to avoid the dreaded vote of confidence. I am sure the board are still backing him (rightly in my opinion) for now.

I saw this on the official site message board.  From Joe Ferrari:

The Board that played a full part in saving this Club from total extinction is aware of the strength of opinion amongst some supporters yes.

It is part of our role in the media team to keep them all fully briefed about fans'' views expressed in various quarters, including on here.

I have spent this morning talking to Delia and Roger Munby about some of the views I have heard/read.

Keep any constructive comments coming.

Thanks,

Joe

And:

Thanks to all of you for those views,

as I say, the Board is aware of the opinions out there and of the Pink Un poll, though it''s worth pointing out that internet polls can sometimes have issues with people finding ways to cast multiple votes, or security issues whereby people supporting other clubs can vote ''for a laugh''.

I seem to recall a past Ipswich Town kit vote which hundreds of City fans took part in to vote for the most lurid kit on offer.

I think you will find comments from Board members on this site and in the local media in the next few days.

Thanks,

Joe

At least Delia knows how we feel.  Lets just hope she''s feeling the same way

"It is part of our role in the media team to keep them all fully briefed about fans'' views expressed in various quarters, including on here."

Thanks for this one DD, I alas, cannot access the official site messageboard due to Mr Ferrari asking me ever so kindly to leave as I got a bit emotional during the Huckerby transfer saga. Nice to see he actually does do something during the day too.  

Glad to see he is still patronising the paying fans too.  Great stuff.

[quote]"It is part of our role in the media team to keep them all fully briefed about fans'' views expressed in various quarters, including on here." Thanks for this one DD, I alas, cannot access the officia...[/quote]

How is that patronising?
Could there be a hint of bias on your part since you managed to get yourself banned from their boards?

[quote]Doesn''t anyone think it''s strange that a senior member of the board (Munby, Delia etc) hasn''t come out and publicly backed Worthy? Maybe, just maybe, they are thinking along the same lines of us fans...[/quote]

Not so strange anymore.

So, Delia and Michael have now come out with a "We must stick together" statement.

That''s great for the "Worthy In" camp, but just a continuance of the frustration for thos ewho believe a change would be beneficial.

Right now, there IS an available manager who could do a good job for us. In a few days that might not be the case and the opportunity will be gone.

I truly believe that Worthington is not good enough to get us even into the play-offs this season, given a full squad or not, for all the reasons previously stated by many diferrent people.

We are in for a long, long, frustrating and disappointing season

[quote]How is that patronising? Could there be a hint of bias on your part since you managed to get yourself banned from their boards?[/quote]

Herb

Yes there is a hint of bias,as their is in all opinion.

You obviously don''t realise what this man does all day, he sits on a website, like this, well not quite like this, and is paid by the club to patronise supporters who are lifelong fans. Yes he banned me for asking the board to take a risk on buying Darren Huckerby! I obviously am not enough of a brown nosed easily pleased fan for JF to allow on the offfical site.  Oh well, never mind, at least this one allows us to express our opinions.