Sign in to follow this  
BarclayWazza

Why is it...?

Why is that the people who realise that 1 point from 27 is going to send us down are the binners? Surely the only people who dont see a problem with the run we''re on, the team selections, tactics or general direction we''re headed in are Ipswich fans

Ricky has reached the fifth stage of grief and now everything has a zen-like calm.no more tears, no more pain, no more anger, what will be, will be.you know it makes sense[Y]

The perma-clappers are in turmoil because they''ve smugly suggested all season that we''ll be fine with the best young manager in Britain. Their world has just shattered as they''ve seen their deluded optimism proved wrong.Expect to see endless repetition of the line about it always being likely we''d be relegated because we don''t have rich owners.

If we''re on a decent run then yes call out the negative people but it seems that some have made it their mission to call out every negative post and mark the poster as a binner or pantwetter. We''re freefalling back to the championship and if you''re ok with that or dont see the need to make a change and soon then i know where im smelling bin.

Are your saying you haven''t got a half decent boo left in you rickyyy? Is this throwing in the towel and accepting the championship? its easier to stay up than it is to be promoted.

As for money? Well if the leagues were ordered according to the owners wealth then we''d be in league one. So it can''t just be that can it?

Morty''s on his way back from Swansea. Who are the people you''re trying to start a fight with. It''s your thread...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Are your saying you haven''t got a half decent boo left in you rickyyy? Is this throwing in the towel and accepting the championship? its easier to stay up than it is to be promoted.

As for money? Well if the leagues were ordered according to the owners wealth then we''d be in league one. So it can''t just be that can it?[/quote]No Nigel, this is all new for me. During previous worrying periods I used to lay awake running all sorts of permutations through my head but for some reason I have reached a state of calm acceptance. There have been many pointers along the way to indicate that this season is just like every other relegation season I''ve experienced and when you''ve experienced as many as I have you tend to know what''s coming from a long way out. The chucking away of points from two goal leads was a dead giveaway and Chelsea''s offside goal nailed it for certain.I''d still like to think we can get out of it but everything I see is telling me that it isn''t going to happen. We have had plenty of promotions and relegations over the years and it seems to me that we are now in a period where very like double decker buses, several come along in quick succession.I''d love to be proved wrong but it just doesn''t feel like it to me.

I get that AN did a good job last year and it was a fantastic weekend in London with a great win, but in all reality, people are criticising the likes of Hughton but standing by AN both spent similar amounts and both found wanting in motivating, organising and getting their players to perform.

So why are the pro AN so convinced that last season wasn''t due to the upturn in form in December prior to AN coming in, it''s not like we were bottom half and went on a mega run, he did a decent job.

But has any of his signings really improved our starting 11, does he have the nouse to change a game, nope, still can''t remember any game this year when he''s made the change in formation to get a result.....there''s lots you can criticise AN for including not getting more experience in his coaching staff when gaining promotion.

But in my mind if we can''t get a step up in manager there''s no point in changing him now, just hope that he can prove to be the manager to keep us here or get us back.

All that you say is true Rickyyy. But it''s not in me to tamely give in and throw in the towel. There''s 9 games left and I''m not wimping out unless relegation actually happens..

Wasn''t at the Liberty today, but season ticket holder fed up of Russell Martins continuous selection, lacking in belief in AN''s ability to sort this out and fed up with "happy clappers" labelling people who offer similar thoughts to mine as binners and pantwetters. You ok with that? Or because I wasnt there today does my opinion not count?

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]Half a braincell will tell you Borbyn is chief binner. Morty''s had a good go as well.[/quote]
Am I happy that we are in the bottom 3? No.
Do I think it is all Alex Neil''s fault?  No.
Do I think we have a squad which is underperforming?  No.
Do I think we could have bought better in the summer?  Yes.
Do I think we will come back up from the Championship?  Yes.
Do I think we could find a better manager at this stage of the season?  No.
Do I think the number of whinging and whining threads which don''t suggest any positive ways forward are irritating?  God damn right.

So what was the OP about and who was it aimed at? Russell Martin? Alex Neil? Name names Wazza. It''s your thread...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]All that you say is true Rickyyy. But it''s not in me to tamely give in and throw in the towel. There''s 9 games left and I''m not wimping out unless relegation actually happens..[/quote]I haven''t thrown in the towel Nigel. I''ve just stopped worrying about things I have no control over and accepted the high probability that we won''t be in this league next year. I''ve noticed that I am now sleeping much better because of it.Surely nobody can dispute that we are where we deserve to be.The only problem will be if we go on a run and I''ll have to start worrying again.[:D]

[quote user="morty"]"Hullo Neyull, I wasn''t at the game today"......[/quote]Ah, I wondered how long it would be before that old chestnut was brought up. Yawn

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]
Do I think it is all Alex Neil''s fault?  No.
Do I think we have a squad which is underperforming?  No.
Do I think we could have bought better in the summer?  Yes.
Do I think we will come back up from the Championship?  Yes.
Do I think we could find a better manager at this stage of the season?  No.
[/quote]
This.

Fair enough

Do I think it is all Alex Neil''s fault? No.

At this stage of the season he''s the top of the tree. The buck stops with him. He''s got to do the best with what he''s got. And thats dropped 26 of the last 27 points. Its his players that have come in, its his team selections.

Do I think we have a squad which is underperforming? No.

Perhaps some of the players that continually get selected just arent good enough. Russell Martin for one. Either we''ve got someone on the bench who is better (personally i think we do) or he''s had two transfer windows to get better.

Do I think we could have bought better in the summer? Yes.

So why didnt we? The money was there.

Do I think we will come back up from the Championship? Yes.

Surely the best option is to do something now rather than rely on having to do that?

Do I think we could find a better manager at this stage of the season? No.

Im sure plenty of out of work managers would have had a better record than one point from the last 27. They''re out there and before you say name names, its not my job to find them but i''ll say Pearson has experience of pulling teams out of the do do

Do I think the number of whinging and whining threads which don''t suggest any positive ways forward are irritating? God damn right.

Whats a positive way forward then? Keeping going as we are isnt getting us anywhere.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]"Hullo Neyull, I wasn''t at the game today"......[/quote]Ah, I wondered how long it would be before that old chestnut was brought up. Yawn

[/quote]

Yeah doesnt matter that go to the home games and if i cant make an away game i catch a stream. Wasnt there today so clearly don''t know what im talking about. I''ll have a long hard think about my rights to have an opinion.

[quote user="morty"]Oh shut your whining, it wasn''t even directed at you.[/quote]Doesn''t matter who it was directed at it''s the same tired "holier than thou" arguement every week.

Well I''m not happy Rickyyyy. Why should you get a decent night''s kip while others are tossing and turning....

I pretty much accepted relegation when the summer transfer window closed leaving us with a thread bare championship squad.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Are your saying you haven''t got a half decent boo left in you rickyyy? Is this throwing in the towel and accepting the championship? its easier to stay up than it is to be promoted.

As for money? Well if the leagues were ordered according to the owners wealth then we''d be in league one. So it can''t just be that can it?[/quote]No Nigel, this is all new for me. During previous worrying periods I used to lay awake running all sorts of permutations through my head but for some reason I have reached a state of calm acceptance. There have been many pointers along the way to indicate that this season is just like every other relegation season I''ve experienced and when you''ve experienced as many as I have you tend to know what''s coming from a long way out. The chucking away of points from two goal leads was a dead giveaway and Chelsea''s offside goal nailed it for certain.I''d still like to think we can get out of it but everything I see is telling me that it isn''t going to happen. We have had plenty of promotions and relegations over the years and it seems to me that we are now in a period where very like double decker buses, several come along in quick succession.I''d love to be proved wrong but it just doesn''t feel like it to me.[/quote]I have reached a state of calm acceptance.Too much Peroni more like.