Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

The formality of relegation

What a shame Gary Hooper was sold and not loaned out for the rest of the season. Boy will we need him in the Championship next season.

We''ve had it, simply put. Worrying that the players didn''t perform for the manager. The way the club has been managed this season, off the pitch, is also a concern. Players signed six months too late, a proper goalscorer not signed, a hugely poor summer window that is still hurting us.

We deserve this. We are where we deserve to be. Lack of ambition, lack of proper management on and off the pitch. We are a small team in Norfolk and for the foreseeable, that''s all we''re destined to be.

The way that you put that is really horrible ! The most awful thing is , that unfortunately you are right .

I am sure many fans felt this was on the cards at various points during the season , and I for one have never been convinced by AN .

This is not just " hindsight" , because I cannot understand how so many fans have been duped , and how the board has sat back and let the coaching staff blow our chances this season so emphatically .

Equally amazing are the posters telling anybody with a negative post that they are a Binner 😣

I was quite optimistic we could survive before todsy. And confident we get the 3 points today. But after the total no show that 2nd half tells it''s own story. Biggest game of the season and we can even motivate ourselves to turn up.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]I was quite optimistic we could survive before todsy. And confident we get the 3 points today. But after the total no show that 2nd half tells it''s own story. Biggest game of the season and we can even motivate ourselves to turn up.[/quote]Biggest game of the season and manager can''t motivate his players to turn up. Cue "Players shouldn''t need motivating etc, etc."

Would summer signings have made any difference ? all Neils signings have been woeful apart from Brady ,as  for Naismith i would class him a bigger waste of £8 million than the Wolf he has been utter dog shit .

Players and managers are both responsible for this. I certainly wouldn''t blame neil for everything that is going wrong at the moment. Definately equal blame.

It had nothing to do with motivation or lack of effort. We all knew that our defence was the Achilles heel. Swansea have conceded 17 fewer goals than us and that is why they will stay up.You cannot survive in this league conceding one and three quarter goals per game. Swansea, Watford and WBA have all scored fewer goals than us but they are staying up because the have better defences.

The sadness is that we all knew our defence was not up to this league last season when even at championship level we consistently let in sloppy goals. To begin this season with essentially the same back five and only Brady added who at first we thought was going to be our left sided midfielder was simply asking for yet another relegation.

It is in incredible that we still have a slim chance of staying up due to the NE duo.

I posted on here after the summer transfer window had closed that transfer window has just relegated us. Obviously I got roundly slated for that opinion but the reality is that is likely to be the case. The board have spectacularly messed this season up with their incompetence.

The defense is poorish but better as a unit since the West Ham draw. The total inability to score goals when chances have been made has cost us points since then

[quote user="JF"]I posted on here after the summer transfer window had closed that transfer window has just relegated us. Obviously I got roundly slated for that opinion but the reality is that is likely to be the case. The board have spectacularly messed this season up with their incompetence.[/quote]You deserved to get slated because you were quite clearly wrong. People were crying out for new players, can''t get worse than RM etc etc.Since having this new team after spending a lot in the January transfer window, we''ve played 7 games and picked up 1 point. Take the first 7 games after the summer transfer window, we had 9 points.So perhaps if we''d gone with the team in the summer and not made so many changes in the January transfer window, we''d have been a few points higher up the league?

Nope. Had the quality been added in the summer into a team that was riding high on the confidence and momentum of promotion and with a full pre season behind them we would have picked up more points up till Xmas. The signings in January have come into a struggling team with no confidence or momentum and 2 of the players are getting used to the English game. Confidence is everything in football just look at what Leicester are achieving with it. In the summer we were flying high on confidence by January it was shot

[quote user="JF"]No the Newcastle match did that.[/quote]I agree, I think the Newcastle match and result did a lot of damage. If we had continued on like we had in the games leading up to Newcastle, I think we would be in a different place now.

[quote user="JF"]No the Newcastle match did that.[/quote]We were in a good run of form at the start of the January transfer window???And you are doing Leicester a disservice, they aren''t on top just because they have the most spirit, they have some real quality in their team, Vardy, Mahrez and Kante, Kante probably the best midfielder in the Premier League at doing what he does. However you try and dress it up, we were doing fine with the squad we had, since adding to it, we''ve dropped like a ton of bricks. So, the summer transfer window was good, the January one was horrendous.

Strange thing is we had more than enough chances to get something out of that game. Yet again missed opportunities have cost us. Who do you want to blame for the chances that went begging today? The only answer is the players that missed them, Wes, Bamford, Redmond, etc etc.

I don''t see how people can be pointing the finger at AN when this happens.