Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Nothing to lose. 2 up front from now on.

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE.

Neil has tried several formations all with the same outcome - defeat!

If we go down at least go down fighting and with a chance of scoring a goal. Bamford looked good when coming on today and will become sharper with more mins under his belt. He has to play from now on.

I would also play Mbokani alongside him as he is superb at flick ons and holding the ball up bringing others into play. I would also play Hoolahan behind as him and Redmond are our most creative players.

Naismith has been disappointing and looks unfit to me so should be benched.

Would also free up another area for Neil to fit Russell Martin in..

Russ leading the line with his "leadership qualities".

Perhaps then we could play defenders who can defend...

Yer what idiots play 2 up top ?

Leicester, Watford.

2 teams that have massively over achieved this season.

Ranieri and Leicester are doing a pretty good job of it Borbyn.

Sturridge and Suarez also made a pretty good go of it...

Personally I don''t feel we''ve got the midfield personnel for it to work but your reply is wrong. As with most things you post.

I agree we shouldn''t play 2 up top.

But to suggest that someone doesn''t understand modern day football for saying that is maybe showing you who probably doesn''t understand modern day football.

We don''t have the midfield or defensive strength to play two up front.  That should be obvious. By playing two up front (considering none of our strikers are prolific), you are weakening our biggest problem (conceding goals) without really boosting our next biggest problem (scoring goals).
Therefore, in my eyes, it is a stupid idea.

Ha great back tracking there.

So instead of saying "we don''t have the players to play that system" which I would agree with. You said something along the lines of the op not understanding modern day football.

You''ve just confirmed you''re an idiot Borbyn, if it really needed any confirmation that is.

We may as well play with none up front our strikers are so bad they are laughable . A premiership club that only has Jerome and Lafferty on the books has no right to be in the division , mid table champs next season if we stick with our pretend manager .

Wow, the Pinkun''s resident one man Ego trip (well two if you include his forum tag partner Morty) Borbyn is really flailing around talking nonsense on a number of threads today. Inbetween

attacking posters who disagree with him, labelling people binners etc. Sad to see such desperation.

STRANGE how in last 10 to 15 minutes when our manager decides to go 2 up front is the only time in the game where we at least look like scoring

BorBIN strikes again! 2 up front doesn''t work! I guess that makes Claudio Ranieri is a worse manager than your beloved Scottish clown! That shows you talk absolute garbage!

It''s easy to throw 2 people up top when you''ve got nothing to lose in the last 15 mins.

I''d love to see 2 up top again but our central midfield is too poor. We would be seriously over run.

..but again who''s to blame for that? He''s bought in Mulumbu and Dorrans yet his favoured combination is still Howson and Tettey.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]3-4-3 gets my vote all the way.[/quote]Not really sure why he changed from 3-4-3. Only thing i can think of is that Swansea don''t play much wide, so we could have got over run in the middle perhaps.Re two strikers, I did like the look of Bamford when he came on, but don''t think he could play as a lone striker, so it would likely be a two with Jerome. Or play Bamford withdrawn in the ten role.Agree with above we don''t have a central midfield solidity to play a straight 4-4-2.

Whilst we do look more likely to score in games we play 2 up we also look ragged in defense and look more likely to concede.We had many opportunities against Swansea to construct attacks but the passing between Wes, Naismith, Jerome and Redmond was awful. We created a lot of good positions but either miss placed passes or dallied and faffed around too long. Our inability to counter quickly and with precision when the midfield win the ball back high is what is killing us.It does not matter if you play 1,2,3 or 4 up front, if they play as badly together as the attack did today it will change nothing.