Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Mark on Canary Call

Wow. Just Wow. That was something special indeed even by canary call standards.

I think the part about the clubs mentality was right.

we are no smaller than Bournemouth Watford palace Southampton Leicester Swansea Stoke. But they''ve had investment and left us behind (Swansea aside).

If we want to compete with these there is only one thing the board can do.

Not every takeover is a Portsmouth. We have to be open to investment.

as the caller said, many will be happy with championship football.

Football has changed. Whether we like it or not.

Two years ago McNally said relegation was worse than death. This year is worse. Let''s hope it costs him his job.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Two years ago McNally said relegation was worse than death. This year is worse. Let''s hope it costs him his job.[/quote]He is untouchable mate completely untouchable.

But cusdp, I don''t understand the criticism of McNally. Its not his money he''s spending and what money there is available is peanuts compared to all or nearly all teams in the Prem. I think he speaks sense when interviewed

In the latest he heaped praise on our owners but a few minutes later qualified that by wishing we had a rich benefactor. I think he''s doing a good job with severe restrictions both in money and board business talent.

It is strange that we don''t seem to attract more investment in the club. Even Bristol Rovers have done it!!

From ''Let'' be ''avin you'' to advising our support to vote for Ed Miliband, these little things grate with me. Sorry about that.

Vote for Milliband, appoints Balls up as chairman - suggests an appalling lack of judgement. From the history of the managers appointed to this club, with a few exceptions, you''d never believe it.

It is often trotted out that our position reflects our lack of financial clout however Leicester''s team shows that it is possible to do more than merely survive even without spending a fortune.

At least we should find out how good our younger players are next season and that is something I''m looking forward to.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Vote for Milliband, appoints Balls up as chairman - suggests an appalling lack of judgement. From the history of the managers appointed to this club, with a few exceptions, you''d never believe it.

It is often trotted out that our position reflects our lack of financial clout however Leicester''s team shows that it is possible to do more than merely survive even without spending a fortune.

At least we should find out how good our younger players are next season and that is something I''m looking forward to.[/quote]

Research (that is looking up facts before posting) shows that Leicester City made a  £20.8m loss by bankrolling their promotion season, which will come under severe scrutiny if they ever get relegated back to the Championship (where FFP seems still to be taken seriously), since on the face of it such a loss is in effect cheating. As with QPR and Bournemouth.The figures are not available for last season, or for this, but on his recent podcast McNally derided the idea that Leicester''s (or Bournemouth''s) success was anything like a fairytale as opposed to what a commonsense view sees it for - the result of having mega-rich owners.

Very true Purple. It riles me that people think Leicester and Bournemouth''s performance this year is romantic. It may not be based on European Champions league transfers (yet) but they are paying hefty salaries to attract players like Marhez. FFS any club that can buy the whole crowd a beer (effectively throwing £100k away) is buying its way to the top. #OTBC last of the old romantics.

While romanticism is hard in the PL era due to the huge amounts of money sloshing about, I do think you''ll a tad harsh on Leicester, Shefcanary. They''ve certainly not bought their way to the top of the league - and Mahrez was in no way offered a hefty salary when signing - and buying the crowd a beer isn''t going to directly secure you three points on a Saturday, although it may improve the crowd a little.

I believe Leicester actually pay the 17th highest salary in the PL, I''m sure the players are now on better deals as they have learnt them.

this said they do have very wealthy owners.

Do we really want to become a Man City? I''d rather see us discover our own talent.

"Vote for Milliband"

Let''s be honest he was the only alternative to Cameron. And you''d have to either be ignorant beyond belief, wealthy and self-serving or naive as a toddler to think that would be sound judgement.