Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Wasn't at the game today...

I should hope not and can''t see it happening

Towards the board? Or the manager?

Bearing in mind that there is bound to be grumbles after so many defeats, and especially this latest one, if the away fans didn''t turn against the manager then he still has the good will of the majority of fans. It''s always the away fans who turn first.

That would be good news because if we can nick a win somewhere soon the togetherness may see us through.

Sorry but I don''t agree that the away fans "turn " first , total nonsense ,, it was the home fans 100% that did for Hughton , as it will be at some point for AN .

The question is how much longer can he dupe the majority of fans ? Where I sit in the Barclay ,, I would say not much longer .

There is a lot of discussion about , team selection, tactics and particularly the subs and timing of .

It will be the home fans .

Just your standard losing grumbles I am afraid, didn''t hear any "board out" ones I''m afraid.

Did anyone watching on streams hear any?

Cheers mate 😁

Big trouble now

We''ve been in big trouble from Day One

We could not have chosen the teams we played in the first 10 games had we been in control of the computer.

[quote user="morty"]Did anyone watching on streams hear any?[/quote]
The only thing I heard were several loud renditions of OTBC and AN''s Yellow army
Swansea fans out sung for most of the game [Y]

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"]Did anyone watching on streams hear any?[/quote]
The only thing I heard were several loud renditions of OTBC and AN''s Yellow army
Swansea fans out sung for most of the game [Y]
[/quote]This is true.

Well I can only talk about what I''ve seen and in the cases of Worthington, grant, roeder and hughton the away fans turned first. So historically it''s not nonsense. I dont get to away games now so asked the question. I was at the Chelsea game and there was no sign of the manager having lost the fans. There weren''t even any boos toward him.

Let''s get the clappers out for Man City. If more than 30% end up on the perimeter track let''s get rid. Personally I think we were always going to be down this end of the table so let''s not rush anything, although I''d like to try two up front from the start for at least a couple of games - one up front is Hughton tactics, and we know how that did for us.

Are you turning Nutty? Even if we are relegated I still think AN is our man. Changing manager every 12 months is not the answer, sticking with AN regardless of what happens this season is the way forward. The transfer window in January showed he is building a squad for the future and not for now. Sadly I''m one of those odd people that love the championship and the far better games down there so relegation is neither here nor there for me.

Last nights under 21 game was more concern to me because I wasn''t very impressed with what was on offer, Lafferty was a disaster that needs sorting out.

No Inchy. I asked the question and got the answer I wanted/expected to hear.

As for the U21s, I had to miss this one. I guess sometimes it''s necessary to play those who aren''t getting any first team pitch time. And with a 25 man squad there will always be some. I much prefer to watch the youngsters. With our best youngsters on loan it''s been pleasing to see u18s and even an U16 playing for U21s this season.

I don''t think changing the manager is the issue and would make much difference in the medium term anyway.The problem is that the club is not structured to be  Premier League club in the way nearly all of the others are. The days of fans ( and in our case old fans) being able to own and run a club at the level required for Premier League football is just not going to work anymore.The only other two clubs i can see run on a similar level are Swansea and WBA and in both cases they have younger, wealthier and more dynamic owners in place.

Spot on whoareyou. To play at this level we need new investment/owners. At board level we are a championship club

I strongly disagree that you need wealthy owners to stay up and play at this level.

Not only have we done it before comfortably but look at the bottom three at the moment. Two of the clubs coming down with us are both owned by very wealthy owners who have spent this season, and they are both awful.

Bournemouth who have admittedly spent a fair bit this season will actually comfortably stay up using the core of their championship team like we did under Lambert. Leicester are looking like they''re going to win the league and a year or two ago over 3/4s of their squad wouldn''t have looked out of place in ours. They haven''t even spent much more than us this season. Swansea, West Brom and Palace will again all stay up without someone pumping silly money in.

We''re probably going down not because of our lack of wealthy owners but because in my opinion, the following reasons.

We failed to address key areas of the squad over Summer and instead splashed most of our cash in the inflated jan market, asking the new players to come into a team already on the ropes rather than into a fresh season.

I also regrettably feel that poor/inexperienced management is partly to blame, there have been far too many complete no shows in the 2nd half of this season in key matches where the manager clearly hasn''t been able to galvanise the squad. The squad fought reasonably well at times earlier in the season and picked up some good wins because of it, but AN hasn''t shown that he is able to lift the squad when the going has got tough. It''s a cliché but the occasional lack of a Plan B has meant we struggle to fight back in games where the opposition have set up well, we also have completely bottled too many leads due to failure to set the team up to kill the game.

That said, I doubt a new manager would have enough time to turn us around and give us a much better shot at staying up. It will certainly be interesting the see how AN handles another window and a full season in the championship should we go down with him.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I strongly disagree that you need wealthy owners to stay up and play at this level.

Not only have we done it before comfortably but look at the bottom three at the moment. Two of the clubs coming down with us are both owned by very wealthy owners who have spent this season, and they are both awful.

Bournemouth who have admittedly spent a fair bit this season will actually comfortably stay up using the core of their championship team like we did under Lambert. Leicester are looking like they''re going to win the league and a year or two ago over 3/4s of their squad wouldn''t have looked out of place in ours. They haven''t even spent much more than us this season. Swansea, West Brom and Palace will again all stay up without someone pumping silly money in.

We''re probably going down not because of our lack of wealthy owners but because in my opinion, the following reasons.

We failed to address key areas of the squad over Summer and instead splashed most of our cash in the inflated jan market, asking the new players to come into a team already on the ropes rather than into a fresh season.

I also regrettably feel that poor/inexperienced management is partly to blame, there have been far too many complete no shows in the 2nd half of this season in key matches where the manager clearly hasn''t been able to galvanise the squad. The squad fought reasonably well at times earlier in the season and picked up some good wins because of it, but AN hasn''t shown that he is able to lift the squad when the going has got tough. It''s a cliché but the occasional lack of a Plan B has meant we struggle to fight back in games where the opposition have set up well, we also have completely bottled too many leads due to failure to set the team up to kill the game.

That said, I doubt a new manager would have enough time to turn us around and give us a much better shot at staying up. It will certainly be interesting the see how AN handles another window and a full season in the championship should we go down with him.[/quote]The Premiership has changed massively since we were here two years ago. And normally you could expect the three teams that come up to be the natural choices for relegation, but this year there is really only us, due to Watford and Bournemouth''s superior spending power. We are very lucky that the collective car crash of Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa exist, or its pretty likely we would be in Villa''s place right now.

I''d be interested to understand why we''ve had 4 of the last 5 seasons in the PL where as many many clubs with far wealthier ownerships have had 0/5.

I''m not just talking about the financial wealth of the owners but also the way in which the club is run.I don''t think anyone could deny our scouting network and ability to sign the right players at the right time as been woeful, not just this year, but also the last season we were in the Premier league too. Too many of our current squad just are not good enough for this League and many will have been relegated for the second time in three years.McNally has already alluded to the fact that our facilities just don''t look good compared to other clubs in this division which is why money is being spent on Colney in the summer. Go to most Premier League grounds and many are far superior to Carrow Road.We have a Championship set up that has punched above its weight more often than not in recent years.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''d be interested to understand why we''ve had 4 of the last 5 seasons in the PL where as many many clubs with far wealthier ownerships have had 0/5.[/quote]Of which we were only really competitive in one.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I strongly disagree that you need wealthy owners to stay up and play at this level.

That said, I doubt a new manager would have enough time to turn us around and give us a much better shot at staying up. It will certainly be interesting the see how AN handles another window and a full season in the championship should we go down with him.[/quote]
Nobody is saying that spending big money guarantees survival, but without spending money you are more likely to struggle. Leicester spent what £30m in the summer? How do you think their wage bill compares to ours? They also appointed a big name manager, do you think he''d have come here if we''d approached him in preference to Leicester? It''s not just about transfer fees, it''s wages too, and the perceived ambition of the club. You mentioned Palace, well they appointed Pardew and signed Cabaye - do you think either of them would have come to Norwich? We could have afforded the £12m or whatever it was Cabaye cost, but could we have paid his wages?
You say we failed to address key areas of the squad and I agree, but how is that not linked to the financial status of the club? We kept hearing how deal after deal had fallen through, surely that''s a sign we''re not paying enough and/or we''re not perceived by players and agents as a club that is serious about staying up?

[quote user="Peanuts"][quote user="HertsCanary93"]I strongly disagree that you need wealthy owners to stay up and play at this level.

That said, I doubt a new manager would have enough time to turn us around and give us a much better shot at staying up. It will certainly be interesting the see how AN handles another window and a full season in the championship should we go down with him.[/quote]
Nobody is saying that spending big money guarantees survival, but without spending money you are more likely to struggle. Leicester spent what £30m in the summer? How do you think their wage bill compares to ours? They also appointed a big name manager, do you think he''d have come here if we''d approached him in preference to Leicester? It''s not just about transfer fees, it''s wages too, and the perceived ambition of the club. You mentioned Palace, well they appointed Pardew and signed Cabaye - do you think either of them would have come to Norwich? We could have afforded the £12m or whatever it was Cabaye cost, but could we have paid his wages?
You say we failed to address key areas of the squad and I agree, but how is that not linked to the financial status of the club? We kept hearing how deal after deal had fallen through, surely that''s a sign we''re not paying enough and/or we''re not perceived by players and agents as a club that is serious about staying up?
[/quote]Didn''t Leicester also spend about 60m just to get promoted too?

Yes but you''re making it even more difficult to understand with every post whoareyou. If there are well over 40 clubs with wealthier owners than ours. And now we compound that by being useless at everything, how did we manage our recent history? We must be a lot better at something in order to overcome all those disadvantages..

Talking about Leicester, could they be the first club to win the PL after being in administration? As for what they have spent, we are not privy to that information but When they were promoted the chairman promised a top 5 finish in 3 years and was prepared to spend £180m to get there.