Sign in to follow this  
pete

How can Alex Neil keep his job?

CUSDP I was commenting on the opening post and what was said. Did I get it wrong?

The thing about debt is that it appears to be acceptable in football and certain political parties. Maybe we are going that way by replacing the debt free advocate Bowkett with Balls? The double standards of posters chewing this over should be interesting to say the least...

As for investment? More money is always nice but over 40 clubs have this type of owner now. Most of then you''ve been jealous of over the years. 40 in to 20 doesn''t go so a lot of these clubs are left with no assets and owners looking to bail.

It''s pretty clear that to survive in the top division you need more investment than this board has or can generate. To be honest I''m finding it very difficult to muster any enthusiasm for a season we have all seen before and was all so predictable given the level of investment in the summer.

The foreign argument is a none starter, its about getting the right owner regardless of nationality.

Leicester have foreign investment has have Bournemouth, Watford and they have invested far more in the team and as a consequence they will reap the riches next year.

If you are happy going up occasionally but not really giving ourselves a decent chance then fair play to you.... after going for 43 years, I find it more and more difficult to invest time & money in something so predictable and inevitable..... I admire those that find it meets their hope and ambition for the club.

As for debt free, I believe that you are better turning the club into a permanent fixture in the premiership and if that means a sensible level of borrowing then that''s what you should do. The likes of Stoke, Swansea seem to be able to do it and that has to be down to the owners & the people that run the club.. I borrowed to buy my house, no one if saying I''m irresponsible.

So so depressing

Just one point I''d make here. Are our players worse than Bournemouth''s, man for man? How many of their players would get a start for us? Two? Three?

Yet they work so hard and are managed so well, they are so much better than we are, both as individuals and as a team.

Do you think any Bournemouth player would have let Sigurdsson get away from him like Redmond did yesterday? Do you think Redmond would have acted that way if he had a Bournemouth shirt on?

I don''t. It''s down to management. The simple truth is that as a team we don''t work hard enough; we don''t track runners; we don''t close down.

We are going down, not just because we have the lowest standard footballers but because they are not as physically able or prepared to put in the work. That IS a management issue. By now, he should either have replaced his lazier players or we should replace him.

Watch some of Naismith''s games for Everton - look how hard he works in them. He did that in his first game for us, but since then he has stopped doing that - because he is being allowed to.

Watch how hard Grabban worked for Bournemouth yesterday - not once did he do that for us.

Our position has very little to do with "investment" or lack of it and everything to do with players who are lazy and/or stupid.

Last season all our players went on and on about "knowing their jobs and what was expected of them". Not a word about that this season, because they don''t seem to know. I think Alex Neil has lost his way and he should go.

I don''t know think all takeovers are rubbish. I just don''t embrace each one and then discard it when the next one comes along. Our club must do something right to have spent 4 of the last 5 seasons in the PL with over 20 clubs with richer owners getting none. Of course if we could do that and have more money that would be lovely jubbly. As well as finding fault it would be nice to find out why we do so much better than so many clubs with richer owners. Or have these discussion without the pathetic throw away one liners CUSDP?

I agree with a lot of that and I agree that those responsible (the manager and those that employed him) should be accountable.

In turms of investment or players, I''d take at least 6 or 7 from them including the most important investment a premiership club needs..... buy players that put the ball in the net. If you look at the level of investment against the clubs that get relegated you will find a link.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]All takeover are rubbish. Just rubbish.[/quote]If we were taken over you would only complain any way. You have been moaning about Norwich City for as long as I have known you[;)]

You of course get the other end of the spectrum... Newcastle huge spend.... so investment and a manager that knows what he is doing.

Again you need to spend to get them, they are not found in a youth team or in a small Scottish team....

Haha to be fair bud, it started in the hughton era. I didn''t like what I was seeing.

I''ve no major issue with AN.

Like we keep reading, football has changed. Time to embrace it if we really want to be in the mix.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t know think all takeovers are rubbish. I just don''t embrace each one and then discard it when the next one comes along. Our club must do something right to have spent 4 of the last 5 seasons in the PL with over 20 clubs with richer owners getting none. Of course if we could do that and have more money that would be lovely jubbly. As well as finding fault it would be nice to find out why we do so much better than so many clubs with richer owners. Or have these discussion without the pathetic throw away one liners CUSDP?[/quote]

We''re doomed I tell ya....

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Haha to be fair bud, it started in the hughton era. I didn''t like what I was seeing.

I''ve no major issue with AN.

Like we keep reading, football has changed. Time to embrace it if we really want to be in the mix.[/quote]I agree, to a certain extent, but however much you don''t like it, there has to be a measure of prudence.

Without doubt. Nobody is screaming for rash spending.

Just spending what we need in order to stay in this division. The books have been pretty well balanced again, but Klose and Brady aside we''ve not added anything better than what we have.

Again, not solely at the boards door with this, but we put together a football board, that doesn''t really seem to be delivering.

Our scouting seems atrocious buddy.

Good original post, but I see the happy clappers are out in force!! (No names mentioned but they refer to us all as binners because we dare to criticise in wanting success).

Some people are SO easily pleased, and are happy to behold the little ol'' Norwich mantra. That''s why they never really moved on in life! So sad.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Good original post, but I see the happy clappers are out in force!! (No names mentioned but they refer to us all as binners because we dare to criticise in wanting success).

Some people are SO easily pleased, and are happy to behold the little ol'' Norwich mantra. That''s why they never really moved on in life! So sad.[/quote]Thanks for your contribution to the reasoned debate[Y]

Mitty wrote the following post at 2016-03-06 5:56 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Good original post, but I see the happy clappers are out in force!! (No names mentioned but they refer to us all as binners because we dare to criticise in wanting success). Some people are SO easily pleased, and are happy to behold the little ol'' Norwich mantra. That''s why they never really moved on in life! So sad.

Exactly as expected! The head honcho speaks again!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Without doubt. Nobody is screaming for rash spending.

Just spending what we need in order to stay in this division. The books have been pretty well balanced again, but Klose and Brady aside we''ve not added anything better than what we have.

Again, not solely at the boards door with this, but we put together a football board, that doesn''t really seem to be delivering.

Our scouting seems atrocious buddy.[/quote]Can you quantify how much is the right amount to spend though?What do you want the football board to deliver? They give the manager the funds he requires, within reason, to achieve success on the football field, they can''t give him money they simply don''t have, can they?I don''t know anything about our scouting system, but you are always going to be limited in what you can buy, by what you can afford to pay.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Mitty wrote the following post at 2016-03-06 5:56 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Good original post, but I see the happy clappers are out in force!! (No names mentioned but they refer to us all as binners because we dare to criticise in wanting success). Some people are SO easily pleased, and are happy to behold the little ol'' Norwich mantra. That''s why they never really moved on in life! So sad.

Exactly as expected! The head honcho speaks again![/quote]Shush now, the grown ups are talking about football.

Rather than trying to derail a decent thread city2nd perhaps you''d like to explain who and what you are referring to?

any football club at this level should respond and explain to its followers why their managers job is not under pressure after a run of results as poor as this

the board are incredibly predictable, neil should have been sacked in january to give someone else the time to try and change it, as hughton should have been before, its groundhog day

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2016-03-06 6:03 PM:

Rather than trying to derail a decent thread city2nd perhaps you''d like to explain who and what you are referring to?

And there it is, the HAT TRICK!

[quote user="iron_stan"]any football club at this level should respond and explain to its followers why their managers job is not under pressure after a run of results as poor as this

the board are incredibly predictable, neil should have been sacked in january to give someone else the time to try and change it, as hughton should have been before, its groundhog day

[/quote]How do you know his job isn''t under pressure?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="iron_stan"]any football club at this level should respond and explain to its followers why their managers job is not under pressure after a run of results as poor as this

[/quote]How do you know his job isn''t under pressure?[/quote]do you think it is? really?i dont believe they will sack him if we lose every game left this seasontheres nothing in the press even slightly speculating on it, which for any team in any league in this sort of form is strange

[quote user="sgncfc"]Just one point I''d make here. Are our players worse than Bournemouth''s, man for man? How many of their players would get a start for us? Two? Three?

Yet they work so hard and are managed so well, they are so much better than we are, both as individuals and as a team.

Do you think any Bournemouth player would have let Sigurdsson get away from him like Redmond did yesterday? Do you think Redmond would have acted that way if he had a Bournemouth shirt on?

I don''t. It''s down to management. The simple truth is that as a team we don''t work hard enough; we don''t track runners; we don''t close down.

We are going down, not just because we have the lowest standard footballers but because they are not as physically able or prepared to put in the work. That IS a management issue. By now, he should either have replaced his lazier players or we should replace him.

Watch some of Naismith''s games for Everton - look how hard he works in them. He did that in his first game for us, but since then he has stopped doing that - because he is being allowed to.

Watch how hard Grabban worked for Bournemouth yesterday - not once did he do that for us.

Our position has very little to do with "investment" or lack of it and everything to do with players who are lazy and/or stupid.

Last season all our players went on and on about "knowing their jobs and what was expected of them". Not a word about that this season, because they don''t seem to know. I think Alex Neil has lost his way and he should go.[/quote]

A sensible post amongst the rubbish

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="morty"][quote user="iron_stan"]any football club at this level should respond and explain to its followers why their managers job is not under pressure after a run of results as poor as this

[/quote]How do you know his job isn''t under pressure?[/quote]do you think it is? really?i dont believe they will sack him if we lose every game left this seasontheres nothing in the press even slightly speculating on it, which for any team in any league in this sort of form is strange[/quote]I have no idea, and really neither do you.Every manager is just one bad result away from the sack. But change is only a good idea if it is likely to be for the better though, isn''t it.So I guess its down to your opinion as to whether a new manager could get more out of the group of players we have now, than Alex Neil could for the rest of the season.And the answer "Well he couldn''t do any worse" really isn''t acceptable.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Without doubt. Nobody is screaming for rash spending.

Our scouting seems atrocious buddy.[/quote]
I agree transfers have been disappointing and somebody needs to take some responsibility for that and look at what went wrong and how it can be better next time. Whether the blame lies with the manager, the football board, McNally, the scouts or whoever, only those behind the scenes will know.
Signing players is always a gamble, but if you''re not a money bags club you don''t have any margin for error. Jarvis and Dorrans are squad players at best, Mulumbu seems to have sunk without trace and Mbokani hasn''t exactly been the answer to our goalscoring problems. Naismith looked good against Liverpool but pretty ordinary since then and his fitness issues are worrying.

[quote user="iron_stan"]any football club at this level should respond and explain to its followers why their managers job is not under pressure after a run of results as poor as this

[/quote] Neil should have been sacked in January when we were 15th with 23 points from 20 games and  he and the rest of the football board had already identified most of the transfer targets he wanted for that window (hence the early arrival of most of them)?

as i said earlier, he should have gone in january, it was clear it wasnt working before then, the same as when delia & co slept on sacking hughton

my guess, is that if he is sacked, they will only give it to holt as caretaker until the end of the season instead of replacing him with experience

we are such a nice club

im also pretty confident the excuse when we go down will be because "we were promoted via the play offs so alex/the club didnt have the same sort of time to prepare for the new season as watford and bournemouth and we are aiming for automatic this time round"which, is toss