Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

WE ARE GOING TO STAY UP

Going to put my neck on the line here but I still believe we will stay up. Starting with a positive result against Man City.

Don''t know why but I just have a gut feeling we will do it. We have been on such a poor run of results lately I just cannot see that sustaining much longer.

Bamford has to play from now on and he looked dangerous when he came on. I do not believe he is suited to the lone striker role so will need support. Mbokani possibly, Jerome and Naismith to drop to the bench as they have been very poor lately.

Hoolahan and Redmond must play as they are most dangerous/creative going forward. Hard to fit those four attack minded players into the same team but surely they represent our best chances going forward.

I would like to see a team consisting of:

Ruddy

Pinto Bennet Klose Olsson

Howson O''Neil

Redmond Bamford/Hoolahan Brady

Mbokani/Bamford

nopewe are notnot under this manager, people who chop and change their starting 11 like he does really dont do well at any level, playing attacking centre mids as wingers and right footed defenders at left back is not going to get you anywhereand, weve now lost tettey, who whilst i dont rate him hes probably been the one consistent player weve had this season, and the only solid defensive mid in the squad, i would say mulumbu can replace him but the manager doesnt seem to rate him either

Until yesterday I thought that too. However it was obvious that the players are completely shot - no fight, no energy, no belief.And after what they''ve gone through recently it''s not surprising.
  • 9 games & 1 point to show for it
  • Going down to 10 men at Stoke when things were going well
  • Defeat by Liverpool when 3-1 up with 35 minutes left - and getting back to 4-4 and still losing
  • Losing to Villa, the worst team in the league by some margin
  • Cucking away 2 points by only drawing with W Ham when 2 nil up with 25 minutes left
  • Losing a goal, and a point, in the 89th minute at Leicester after playing so well
  • Losing to an offside goal against Chelsea, again after playing really well
  • Losing Tettey for the rest of the season

A couple of body blows is bad enough for any team but here we have a whole string of body blows where, game after game, we show promise, score goals, look like we might get something but ultimately we come away with nothing.

You can''t go on not getting something week after week without it taking it''s toll on morale.

The players yesterday showed that it had finally got to them - they looked tired and slow.

No spark, no enthusiasm, no confidence.

Perhaps they are now resigned to the fact that wahtever they do they can''t win and we''re on the way down.

Yes it still could be turned around but the signs were there yesterday for all to see that it probably ain''t gonna happen.

I am incredibly optimistic we will stay up we have a spine of a team coming into form on what I witnessed yesterday. Ruddy, Klose and Bamford all looked decent. Redmond has fire in his belly and Wes is putting in a good shift

Still plenty of fight in the team and in the manager it will go to the end but we will be fine

Spine of the team coming into form on what was witnessed yesterday.

You must have been at a different match we really never looked like scoring and there is no spine to this team. Even beating Sunderland and Newcastle is not going to be enough

We are already down , Alex Neil does not look like he has a win in him and neither do the players , did you hear Shearer on Match of the Day whoever wins the Newcastle Sunderland game will more than likely stay up , they don''t even class us in the mix we are just as much gone as Villa except our death will be slower .

I''m not being a defeatist, I''m being a realist. There really aren''t many straws left to clutch now. Had we of won or just not lost yesterday, I would have said yes, there''s still a chance. Four teams are drifting away from everyone else. 3 go down. Will we be the one not to? Sorry, I don''t think we will.

Of course, I hope I am proved wrong but we simply aren''t good enough for this league and didn''t strengthen the squad at the back and front in the transfer window.

[quote user="Hull Canary"]Thank God none of you were at Dunkirk!

Plenty of points still to play for starting next weekend![/quote][:D][Y]

I agree with the pie boy from Hull.

Many of the posters on here don''t have the stomach for the PL. They found their level in league one where we won every week...

Think we can write off the Man. City match, but I''m hoping for a draw away to WBA and wins at home to Newcastle & Sunderland, with CP dropping like a stone who knows what we will get at our bogey ground. What I''m saying is don''t give up we''ve every chance to stay up !

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I agree with the pie boy from Hull.

Many of the posters on here don''t have the stomach for the PL. They found their level in league one where we won every week...[/quote]And many seem to be happy with that, just as they were quite content with losing to Liverpool and Chelsea. As long as City play quite well and its an exciting game the result just doesn''t seem to matter very much. You only have to see the kind of flak I get when I say I''d like to see a scrappy old three points and bugger the excitement.The truth is unpalatable for those purists who crave for open end to end football. If you try that against clubs that are much better equipped it can only end up one way. To survive as a small club in this league you first have to do what WBA and Stoke have done and that is to be very hard to beat. To that extent I think AN has been very naive in trying to take on the big boys at their own game.Still, it makes for plenty of ups and downs for us fans and that seems to be what the majority are most content with. The hard slog to survival is not for us, its just not the Norwich City way.

I don''t think any City fan is content with losing to anyone Rickyyyyy. That''s just a myth spouted by the ranters. Has there been threads with people saying they are content to lose? It''s just been made up and then argued against by some posters on here.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hull Canary"]Thank God none of you were at Dunkirk!

Plenty of points still to play for starting next weekend![/quote][:D][Y][/quote] Absolutely laughable , we got beaten easily at Villa , Bournemouth , Swansea just who do you think we are going to beat ? if we win 2 more games this season we will be lucky . Open your eyes and wake up and stop spouting bullshit .

There were many on here a few weeks back saying that they were quite happy losing 4-5 to Liverpool and would rather go down all guns blazing. It''s a valid viewpoint I guess but not one that I hold. I am very much of the Ron Saunders school who put the result and the points before anything else. If we win I''m happy, if we lose I''m not and all the good football in the world won''t change that.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hull Canary"]Thank God none of you were at Dunkirk!

Plenty of points still to play for starting next weekend![/quote][:D][Y][/quote]The only parallel with Dunkirk Morty, is that in both cases we scuttled off to where we had come from.

If you''d be so kind as to produce any post which said the poster was quite happy losing 4-5 to Liverpool then I''ll believe you..

There''s a huge difference between that and saying they''d rather go down all guns blazing than the way we went down 2 years ago. In fact I could find you posts from that time saying the poster wouldn''t mind if we went down with all guns blazing...

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Hull Canary"]Thank God none of you were at Dunkirk!

Plenty of points still to play for starting next weekend![/quote][:D][Y][/quote] Absolutely laughable , we got beaten easily at Villa , Bournemouth , Swansea just who do you think we are going to beat ? if we win 2 more games this season we will be lucky . Open your eyes and wake up and stop spouting bullshit .[/quote]Well thats a very convincing argument, I shall give it some serious thought[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If you''d be so kind as to produce any post which said the poster was quite happy losing 4-5 to Liverpool then I''ll believe you..

There''s a huge difference between that and saying they''d rather go down all guns blazing than the way we went down 2 years ago. In fact I could find you posts from that time saying the poster wouldn''t mind if we went down with all guns blazing...

[/quote] I think you only have to see the lack of unrest at CR after a set of results far worse than anything Hughton served up to see that I am right. There was booing from a long way out a couple of years back but almost nothing yet for AN and I don''t really anticipate that there is much danger of it at present. Unless the crowd have mellowed in that two years, which seems highly unlikely to me, then I can only suppose that many people are quite prepared to accept the poor results as long as there is a bit of decent football. Yes we have played with a bit more verve and style than in the Hughton years but if Premiership survival is the ultimate prize then its hard to argue that we are any further down that road.

[quote user="ricardo"]I think you only have to see the lack of unrest at CR after a set of results far worse than anything Hughton served up to see that I am right. There was booing from a long way out a couple of years back but almost nothing yet for AN and I don''t really anticipate that there is much danger of it at present. Unless the crowd have mellowed in that two years, which seems highly unlikely to me, then I can only suppose that many people are quite prepared to accept the poor results as long as there is a bit of decent football. Yes we have played with a bit more verve and style than in the Hughton years but if Premiership survival is the ultimate prize then its hard to argue that we are any further down that road.[/quote]Maybe Ricardo, people have seen the real prospect of relegation coming for some time and are prepared to accept what they see as the inevitable, regardless of the quality of the football?

[quote user="OldRobert"]Maybe Ricardo, people have seen the real prospect of relegation coming for some time and are prepared to accept what they see as the inevitable, regardless of the quality of the football?[/quote]And the players have seen and accepted that too. Many of them have experienced relegation from the PL before & they realise that we are not good enough to stay up. You could see it yesterday.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="ricardo"]I think you only have to see the lack of unrest at CR after a set of results far worse than anything Hughton served up to see that I am right. There was booing from a long way out a couple of years back but almost nothing yet for AN and I don''t really anticipate that there is much danger of it at present. Unless the crowd have mellowed in that two years, which seems highly unlikely to me, then I can only suppose that many people are quite prepared to accept the poor results as long as there is a bit of decent football. Yes we have played with a bit more verve and style than in the Hughton years but if Premiership survival is the ultimate prize then its hard to argue that we are any further down that road.[/quote]Maybe Ricardo, people have seen the real prospect of relegation coming for some time and are prepared to accept what they see as the inevitable, regardless of the quality of the football?[/quote]My point in a nutshell Bob and if that is what the majority are calling for then that is what McNally and the Board have to provide. We are happy with our yoyo existence and seem to prefer it to any attempt to turn us into a survival club. Hughton tried but got sacked because they said his style wasn''t the Norwich City way when in all honesty it was because the results dried up. We want to be like Southamton and Swansea who both initially stayed up with a bit of style. The West Broms, Stokes and Palaces might very well stay up but not with the style that the majority of CR seem to crave but in the end they will probably survive longer than those who try to play the big boys at their own game.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I agree with the pie boy from Hull.

Many of the posters on here don''t have the stomach for the PL. They found their level in league one where we won every week...[/quote]And many seem to be happy with that, just as they were quite content with losing to Liverpool and Chelsea. As long as City play quite well and its an exciting game the result just doesn''t seem to matter very much. You only have to see the kind of flak I get when I say I''d like to see a scrappy old three points and bugger the excitement.The truth is unpalatable for those purists who crave for open end to end football. If you try that against clubs that are much better equipped it can only end up one way. To survive as a small club in this league you first have to do what WBA and Stoke have done and that is to be very hard to beat. To that extent I think AN has been very naive in trying to take on the big boys at their own game.Still, it makes for plenty of ups and downs for us fans and that seems to be what the majority are most content with. The hard slog to survival is not for us, its just not the Norwich City way.[/quote]

if we set up as we did v Chels bar first minute we can get a result v man C. we also need to get Mulumbu and Bamford a full game to get up to speed while we are not expected to win. Get behind the lads, all still to play for. We also need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves if we stay up AN will have performed a miracle - again.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="ricardo"]I think you only have to see the lack of unrest at CR after a set of results far worse than anything Hughton served up to see that I am right. There was booing from a long way out a couple of years back but almost nothing yet for AN and I don''t really anticipate that there is much danger of it at present. Unless the crowd have mellowed in that two years, which seems highly unlikely to me, then I can only suppose that many people are quite prepared to accept the poor results as long as there is a bit of decent football. Yes we have played with a bit more verve and style than in the Hughton years but if Premiership survival is the ultimate prize then its hard to argue that we are any further down that road.[/quote]Maybe Ricardo, people have seen the real prospect of relegation coming for some time and are prepared to accept what they see as the inevitable, regardless of the quality of the football?[/quote]My point in a nutshell Bob and if that is what the majority are calling for then that is what McNally and the Board have to provide. We are happy with our yoyo existence and seem to prefer it to any attempt to turn us into a survival club. Hughton tried but got sacked because they said his style wasn''t the Norwich City way when in all honesty it was because the results dried up. We want to be like Southamton and Swansea who both initially stayed up with a bit of style. The West Broms, Stokes and Palaces might very well stay up but not with the style that the majority of CR seem to crave but in the end they will probably survive longer than those who try to play the big boys at their own game.[/quote]Eventually that yoyo existence wears thin with supporters surely, and in fact dies.  We have had Wigan who eventually fell through the trap door after flirting with it for several seasons, Sunderland who are tempting fate again, time will tell whether Sam can extricate them yet again, Newcastle who have thrown huge sums of money at survival, managed by one of the worst managers in the league.  Has only won 9 games I think it is since the last 2 months at Derby and his reign at Newcastle.  I have my doubts as to whether we would repeat our immediate promotion again under the current management team if necessary.  Just my opinion of course.  I don''t want to see us become like you know who, 14/15 years, or however many years it is, stuck in the Championship, but it strikes me as an old-timer, that we would, unless some radical changes occur at both board and management levels if we are not to become like them.  Parachute payments don''t last forever.  Yes, I know we can still escape but..................

[quote user="Hughtonanny"] if we set up as we did v Chels bar first minute we can get a result v man C. we also need to get Mulumbu and Bamford a full game to get up to speed while we are not expected to win. Get behind the lads, all still to play for. We also need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves if we stay up AN will have performed a miracle - again.[/quote]I''ve been getting behind the lads for over sixty years so am no stranger to hope and wishful thinking.Do I hope we survive? of course, that goes without questionDo I think we will? Probably not.

No we''re not. I even expect us to finish below Villa. AN is hopeless, he''s turned good players bad and average players are now utterly useless. His post-match comments are shameful. Get this talentless twerp out of my club now!!!

[quote user="OldRobert"]Eventually that yoyo existence wears thin with supporters surely, and in fact dies.  We have had Wigan who eventually fell through the trap door after flirting with it for several seasons, Sunderland who are tempting fate again, time will tell whether Sam can extricate them yet again, Newcastle who have thrown huge sums of money at survival, managed by one of the worst managers in the league.  Has only won 9 games I think it is since the last 2 months at Derby and his reign at Newcastle.  I have my doubts as to whether we would repeat our immediate promotion again under the current management team if necessary.  Just my opinion of course.  I don''t want to see us become like you know who, 14/15 years, or however many years it is, stuck in the Championship, but it strikes me as an old-timer, that we would, unless some radical changes occur at both board and management levels if we are not to become like them.  Parachute payments don''t last forever.  Yes, I know we can still escape but..................[/quote]I have the same fears Bob. As a fellow old timer you must remember all those times we used to bounce straight back in the 70''s and 80''s. We took it as a given that if relegated we would soon be back. Who can ever forget the "On loan to the Endsleigh" and all of a sudden we had a lost decade when it didn''t happen. It''s not beyond the realms of possibility for that to happen again. We can''t forever keep throwing these chances away and automatically expect to get another.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="OldRobert"]Eventually that yoyo existence wears thin with supporters surely, and in fact dies.  We have had Wigan who eventually fell through the trap door after flirting with it for several seasons, Sunderland who are tempting fate again, time will tell whether Sam can extricate them yet again, Newcastle who have thrown huge sums of money at survival, managed by one of the worst managers in the league.  Has only won 9 games I think it is since the last 2 months at Derby and his reign at Newcastle.  I have my doubts as to whether we would repeat our immediate promotion again under the current management team if necessary.  Just my opinion of course.  I don''t want to see us become like you know who, 14/15 years, or however many years it is, stuck in the Championship, but it strikes me as an old-timer, that we would, unless some radical changes occur at both board and management levels if we are not to become like them.  Parachute payments don''t last forever.  Yes, I know we can still escape but..................[/quote]I have the same fears Bob. As a fellow old timer you must remember all those times we used to bounce straight back in the 70''s and 80''s. We took it as a given that if relegated we would soon be back. Who can ever forget the "On loan to the Endsleigh" and all of a sudden we had a lost decade when it didn''t happen. It''s not beyond the realms of possibility for that to happen again. We can''t forever keep throwing these chances away and automatically expect to get another.[/quote]Frankly, my biggest concern is, as someone else posted, we are not set up as a PL outfit.  Even after several seasons in the PL, it seems as though our scouting setup is poor, how we sign players is shambolic, we have a weak board which carries out a policy of nepotism.  The one professional resigned shortly after re-election, strange.  Then we have a TV presenter who will shortly live in Los Angeles as an ''ambassador'', and a failed politician also on the board. Not to put too fine a point on it, it''s all horribly unprofessional.  On reflection, we''re better off in a lower league with that setup! 

We have been certs for the drop most the season, 2 clubs are nailed for relegation, us and Villa, while Newcastle and Sunderland can battle it out for the other place.Most of the games we have been dire, with no proper structure, no fire or drive, to many  players who cannot cut it at thus level. I said after the Southampton win we would go on a terrible run and lose a heap of matches, thats the Norwich way in recent yrs.But i put the  fault at Alexs door not the players. Forget last season, forget hes young , forget everything except what we have seen from our manager this season...reality and truth is...its been one of the poorest, most dire and inept displays of management ive seen from a City manager in decades. Sounds harsh, and never thought id say that about this manager, but its the facts at face value.