Sign in to follow this  
Mr Sausage

Has the world ended and I am not aware

Even for the pinkun the past few days have beggars belief in terms of its doom and gloom

Yes there is a possibility we may go down maybe even a probability but it''s not the end of the world

We have a strong squad, good manager, supportive board, a full stadium next week, category 1 academy, some exciting new talent bought and coming through

There is so much to be thankful for. We could be binners and then we may have something to moan about.

Can I make a request that you all grow a pair and get behind the team

Rant over

OTBC

Up until the Swansea game I think 99% of people were still behind Neil. Doubts have been lingering for a while now but yet another defeat has brought everything to the surface.

Surely after this shocking run you have to ask questions?

If the world has ended, then that means this is the after-life and there is STILL no edit button on this message board!

[quote user="STAN"]Up until the Swansea game I think 99% of people were still behind Neil. Doubts have been lingering for a while now but yet another defeat has brought everything to the surface.

Surely after this shocking run you have to ask questions?[/quote]How many, as a percentage, are behind him now?

OP.

Comparing us with the Binners and, indeed, using them as a yard-stick is in it''s self an admission of some concern at our present predicament.

Let''s compare ourselves with Leicester or West Ham or even Bournemouth and Swansea, let''s realistically bemoan our current plight and then let us discuss remedies.

No. It isn''t all that bad, but it could, and perhaps should, be better.

It''s hard to say Morty but with every defeat it only continues to fall.

Most people who are backing him seem content in the fact he could bring us straight back up again. Personally I don''t want to face relegation again and if it does happen I have doubts over an over an immediate return under Neil.

Say we somehow scrape survival what''s going to happen next season? Neil brings in another 9 players that simply aren''t good enough, or?

One intriguing thing in January was the Haller move. He flew to Norwich to meet Neil suggesting personal terms/fees were all but signed. Yet after meeting with Neil a sudden U-turn? Can a man of Alex Neil''s reputation attract the calibre of player we need? I''m not so sure.

[quote user="STAN"]It''s hard to say Morty but with every defeat it only continues to fall.

Most people who are backing him seem content in the fact he could bring us straight back up again. Personally I don''t want to face relegation again and if it does happen I have doubts over an over an immediate return under Neil.

Say we somehow scrape survival what''s going to happen next season? Neil brings in another 9 players that simply aren''t good enough, or?

One intriguing thing in January was the Haller move. He flew to Norwich to meet Neil suggesting personal terms/fees were all but signed. Yet after meeting with Neil a sudden U-turn? Can a man of Alex Neil''s reputation attract the calibre of player we need? I''m not so sure.[/quote]I have seen minimal dissent at games. People can see that despite the poor results, the players are still giving their all for the manager. If they stop doing that, then I''ll be concerned.Yes but can we attract a "big name" manager, that will attract big name players?

Yes and i''m in the "minimal dissent at games" category yet I still find myself on the Pinkun moaning. I''m pretty sure i''m not the only one.

You could argue there''s every chance that players are playing for themselves. I''m sure they''ll all be in for a significant pay cut if we do get relegated. Even if the players are still giving their all for Neil effort alone doesn''t win football matches.

Tactically we''ve been poor, defensively we''ve been all over the place and we simply don''t look like winning games, which IMO suggests inadequacies at coaching level.

Alex Neil''s playing career spanned Barnsley, Mansfield and Hamilton. His coaching career has spanned Hamilton and us. I mean you can''t blame him for his blatant inexperience. It probably doesn''t help that his coaching set up is equally as inexperienced.

As for atracting a higher calibre of manager.. you agree that the club is in really good place, if we''re in such a good place then why can''t we attract a better manager?

I don''t understand it to be honest. This is nowhere near as bad as Hughton''s last year or 04/05. We''re on a run of form worse than anything in those seasons but overall we haven''t been that bad

This was the league table at this point in the season in Worthy''s season

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/LeagueTable?comp_id=172&start_date=01-08-2004&end_date=14-03-2005&start_time=0&end_time=90

Like this season we had a patched together squad that couldn''t keep a clean sheet and were relentlessly unlucky. We were 4 points adrift at the bottom and missed out on survival by one point on the final game. We''re one point behind survival this year and to be honest i still have more confidence and faith in this team/coaches than I did those guys 10 years ago.

It''s likely we''ll be relegated sure, but to just all assume we''re definitely going down is naive and counterproductive. Leicester we''re defeinitely down by their fans expectations this time last year. Sunderland fans were convinced they were down at the mid-point of this season etc

I think 35/36 will be enough this year. We''re capable of 12 points from 9 games. It''s a long way from over yet

Sorry Ricky Spanish but we were much better equipped for this season than the Worthy season... to the tune of about 30 million and a squad with recent PL experience.

We built up an almost unimaginable run of form buoyed by the signing/form of Dean Ashton. Neil''s January signings have failed to inspire. Yes our current squad is much better equipped but can you honestly see this run of form coming? I can''t.

It''s hard to keep the faith with our current form.

[quote user="Hull Canary"]I am not Waveney[/quote]Behave yourself Waveney the game is up mate. [:D]

It is heartening to see that there are still a few canaries like me who think we have a well run club doing it''s very best for the supporters and region

Really if you are going to come on here and be a negative nancy then maybe think twice before posting

[quote user="Hull Canary"]It is heartening to see that there are still a few canaries like me who think we have a well run club doing it''s very best for the supporters and region

Really if you are going to come on here and be a negative nancy then maybe think twice before posting[/quote]Yeah what a great idea, maybe i should attempt to hide my writing style under different usernames ? How were the pies at Swansea ?