Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Will it happen.

I cannot see where the next win is coming from this season. And before the happy clappers try and shoot me down I''ve followed city for forty years now. I can honestly say I''ve seen some bad times but the current situation is the most dire I''ve seen.

The team is a shambles. AN has lost the plot and as for the board the less said the better.

The current situation is more dire than the end of the CH era. At least CH was able to grind out a result. AN is way out of his depth. I have many friends in and around Glasgow who all say Scottish football is dire and no bench mark for how good a manager/player that you are.

The board should sack AN now and get in Rogers or Moyes until the end of the season. Cash talks can with the right financial package they could be tempted. Will the board do it, no they won''t.

Think your right about Scotland the standard up there is dire and we have far to many of them at the club , see in the press today we are linked to a striker at Hibs , really should not have sold Hooper with a return to the Champs looming .

[quote user=" Green and Yellow"]I cannot see where the next win is coming from this season. And before the happy clappers try and shoot me down I''ve followed city for forty years now. I can honestly say I''ve seen some bad times but the current situation is the most dire I''ve seen.

The team is a shambles. AN has lost the plot and as for the board the less said the better.

The current situation is more dire than the end of the CH era. At least CH was able to grind out a result. AN is way out of his depth. I have many friends in and around Glasgow who all say Scottish football is dire and no bench mark for how good a manager/player that you are.

The board should sack AN now and get in Rogers or Moyes until the end of the season. Cash talks can with the right financial package they could be tempted. Will the board do it, no they won''t.[/quote]Our current situation is the most dire that you have seen in all your 40 years of supporting City?We must have followed different teams for the last forty years as our current position is not even in the bottom 10 worst seasons we have had.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user=" Green and Yellow"]I cannot see where the next win is coming from this season. And before the happy clappers try and shoot me down I''ve followed city for forty years now. I can honestly say I''ve seen some bad times but the current situation is the most dire I''ve seen.

The board should sack AN now and get in Rogers or Moyes until the end of the season. Cash talks can with the right financial package they could be tempted. Will the board do it, no they won''t.[/quote]Our current situation is the most dire that you have seen in all your 40 years of supporting City?We must have followed different teams for the last forty years as our current position is not even in the bottom 10 worst seasons we have had.

[/quote]Indeed, most of the latter part of the 90''s for a start.

Molly Windoey wrote:

Our current situation is the most dire that you have seen in all your 40 years of supporting City?

We must have followed different teams for the last forty years as our current position is not even in the bottom 10 worst seasons we have had.

OK, so you disagree (as always)! Please inform the rest of us exactly WHAT ARE the worst TEN seasons we have had! Indeed have you been supporting NCFC ten years. And FYI I have been following the club as a die hard for over sixty years!

This year though, there is the biggest incentive yet, the huge payout for staying up. In all my 50 years of supporting city this is probably the most important year to stay up. The board have not been ambitious enough plus AN has not been up to it.

He sets up the team ok, even though I don''t agree with his selections most of the time, but doesn''t know what to do during the game. His substitutions are cr@p, he just doesn''t know how to change a game with them for the better and doesn''t know how to win a game with substitutions. One of the most upsetting games I''ve been to was the Liverpool game, it was crying out for a change but he didn''t make a substitution until far too late when we were chasing the game.

Rant over 😞

[quote user="City 2nd"]Molly Windoey wrote:

Our current situation is the most dire that you have seen in all your 40 years of supporting City?

We must have followed different teams for the last forty years as our current position is not even in the bottom 10 worst seasons we have had.

OK, so you disagree (as always)! Please inform the rest of us exactly WHAT ARE the worst TEN seasons we have had! Indeed have you been supporting NCFC ten years. And FYI I have been following the club as a die hard for over sixty years![/quote]You and the OP deserve some medals for your long service records. Well done.[Y] How you are still alive with all that anger is another matter.Anyway,it''s not bloody hard if you''d bothered to concentratefor your miraculous 60 years. (Do you want a medal?)

You can always point to lower ebbs in our history, it''s never been an easy ride with City and why should we expect it to be?

What''s hurting me is the inevitability of our relegation, being so ill prepared for what is essentially the biggest season ever in the Premier League. We gave ourselves no chance after the summer window. What also saddens me is I do think that if we hadn''t let the manager down in the summer he would have been able to play a successful style of attacking football, which he enjoys, and he would have had the resources to sustain that. The result of the paucity of quality in the squad is that performances are begining to reflect very badly on the manager and damage his reputation.

Zippy

This year though, there is the biggest incentive yet, the huge payout for staying up. In all my 50 years of supporting city this is probably the most important year to stay up. The board have not been ambitious enough plus AN has not been up to it.

He sets up the team ok, even though I don''t agree with his selections most of the time, but doesn''t know what to do during the game. His substitutions are cr@p, he just doesn''t know how to change a game with them for the better and doesn''t know how to win a game with substitutions. One of the most upsetting games I''ve been to was the Liverpool game, it was crying out for a change but he didn''t make a substitution until far too late when we were chasing the game.

Rant over 😞

This exactly , and unlike some on here , I don''t think this is the worst season ( Roeder !) even in recent memory . But I have had my doubts about the likely ability of a young manager from The Scottish leagues to be able to take us forward since he arrived .

He did extremely well to motivate the players to get us promoted , but the faith the board placed in him for a year in the premier league was risky to say the least , I was shot down for suggesteing this , and still some , Sam Wam on this thread , although not uniquely , maintain he is the man to take us forward !! To where ? League one ? He is like the rabbit in the headlamps ,,, absolutely clueless when we really need someone with some nous , and with it never being " his fault " he will never be able to learn from his repeated mistakes .should have done a watched and got shot of before the season , and all this garbage about having less money

Than Watford and Bournemouth , is misleading , most of the money Bournemouth spent was wasted on immediately injured players and Grabban !!

Give the manager until the end of the season , then get shot whatever IMO

The current situation is not pleasant or good but we are in a far happier place than many times in the last 25 years.

AN has alas been found out at this level. His signings in the main are poor, his substitutions are poor and his constant team tinkerings have not helped. This squad was never other than one which would struggle but he has got less out of it than he could and should. The board will not sack him they are serial amateurs and have been for 20 years and occasionally get lucky with a good appointment.

AN did a good job in half a season last season credit where credit is due but his inexperience allied to the better quality of the opposition has exposed him badly this season. Things have gone so badly post christmas that his reputation is now so tarnished that the thought of him leading a promotion charge next season is naive. Many of our top championship players have been moved on and this squad will fall apart in the summer. The better players ie Brady and Redmond will be sold, the loan players will not be seen again and there will have to be a major rebuild

I stopped reading at ''the current situation is the most dire I''ve seen'' utterly ridiculous statement

Vanwink. As with most teams that come up through the play offs, you''re effectively a month behind the other two teams. McNally said they didn''t know which division they were going to be in, making the summer window much more difficult.

The bigger problem was not finishing in the top two. Blame so you like for that.

Vanwink sums it up for me.

We invest in failure. ''Little Norwich'' mindset exists all through the club.

We should be showing other clubs absolutely no respect at all. Doing what it takes to get players and setting our bench mark much higher.

When Alex Neil got us promoted to the Premiership he seemed keen to shift some of Norwich City''s inherent attitudes from "We''re rather fortunate to be here" to "We''ve earned the right to be here". That may admirable, however the next vital step does not seem to have been taken. That one being: "We belong here". Adopting that belief enables players to feel confident and relaxed enough to perform effectively.

Right now they look like a bunch of players happy with their unexpected pay-rise who''ll be quite content to go back to lower rates after a season-long excursion...

Fuzzar wrote the following post at 06/03/2016 9:01 AM:

Vanwink. As with most teams that come up through the play offs, you''re effectively a month behind the other two teams. McNally said they didn''t know which division they were going to be in, making the summer window much more difficult.

The bigger problem was not finishing in the top two. Blame so you like for that.

It certainly made things more difficult Fuzzar but we should have been planning well in advance for all eventualities. Strategic planning and looking at different scenarios is exactly what a CEO, management team and the board should have been doing.

To come out and say in January that we were ill prepared for the summer window, in part because we didn''t have the recruitment team in place was an astonishing admission of failure at the highest level in the club. It was absolutely clear at the time that we were behaving in a shambolic manner, it has now been confirmed and we have suffered the consequences.

worst run in any league since 1946.

it was the manner of the defeat. Neil made mistakes but the players attitude was shocking.

All a pale shadow of tuesdays efforts and even those most active (wes & redmond) had too many passages where there were passengers.

Once again the goal shines a light on the problems; pinto over committed, redmond not cover that slot, fer un marked by either cm to pick a comfortable assist.

When will a win come? probably when we least expect it. Good money should go on the players egos being up for doing the double over man utd.

Worst run since 1949 and likely to get worse. I can''t see us taking any points from the next 2 matches so by the Must win Newcastle game it is likely to be 1 point from 33. Failure to beat Newcastle and I could see the board acting. For me I would be disappointed as I feel the board handicapped him this season.

It''s bad right now, I feel it too. But there is no way in hell despite this run that this season has been worse than the last 2 relegation from the PL.

Remember the long, long wait for a first win and no win at all away all year under Worthy? The pass it to Snodgrass in no-mans land for him to draw a foul masterclass one size fits all tactic of Hughton? Remember how diabolical the relegation to League 1 was? We had David Mooney and Alan Lee up front and faced the prospect of going into admin and maybe out of buisiness.

I''ve only supported the club since 2001 and I can think of 3 worse than this without trying. I''m sure thinking back there were lower Championship seasons i enjoyed or cared about less than this one as well

Can anyone put their finger on why there is less fan outrage at games than when we went down under Hughton / Adams?

You and the OP deserve some medals for your long service records. Well done.Yes [Y] How you are still alive with all that anger is another matter.

Anyway,it''s not bloody hard if you''d bothered to concentratefor your miraculous 60 years. (Do you want a medal?)

And there we have it again. Morty''s right hand man has to speak too! They really can''t help themselves. Up will pop the third one soon! Anger mate, no, but you and your sidekicks are so hilarious one can only wonder at the relationships you have!

Goodness me, another bite! It''s easy fishing today! And no I don''t, can''t afford the Nelsons prices!

no your right morty i can not put my finger on it the crowd have not turn on AN yet

i dont think its long in coming and i believe the board do start to wake up and act when it happens

i dont think AN is the man for the job but as a young man / person it is awful to see a manger go through the hate and spite when the crowd turns badly

[quote user="norfolkngood"]no your right morty i can not put my finger on it the crowd have not turn on AN yet

i dont think its long in coming and i believe the board do start to wake up and act when it happens

i dont think AN is the man for the job but as a young man / person it is awful to see a manger go through the hate and spite when the crowd turns badly[/quote]Strange one, isn''t it?This is a worse run than anything Hughton produced too.Very odd......