Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 31

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Platonic"]So here we go!

Sorry this is slightly early, but I''ve got a hectic afternoon/evening ahead so wanted to be organised. Thanks for the suggestions for the Norwich bet; I''ve decided to go for the following:

Half-Time: DRAW - £6

Both teams to score: NO - £3

Russel Martin to score first and last - £1 (thanks to woostercanary for the suggestion, it is indeed 90/1 at Bill Hill)

My reasoning (should anyone want it) is as follows:

Swansea have a tendency to score first in their matches (and indeed in the first half) whereas Norwich have failed to score in 6 of the last 8 away matches. However, the last two games have genuinely seen us improve our defensive game plan, and I am most confident of us managing to go in level at half time. I was tempted by a half time 0-0, but I prefer the simple draw as it covers more possibilities.

I''ve taken the NO in BTTS because I suspect this will end 1-0 to either team (as the reverse did at Carrow Road), or possibly 0-0. If Swansea do take the lead I don''t back us to score I''m afraid, as they''ll probably park the bus and we struggle to score away at the best of times. However, if we do take the lead I can see us seeing out the rest of the game as Swansea are definitively not Leicester/Chelsea.

Finally, the 90/1 on Martin first and last fits nicely into my thinking that we could nick a 1-0 victory, and why not have Russ chipping in for the goal.

Good luck all.[/quote]

Thank you for these Platonic. You PUPs have come up with so many different strategies for these picks and yours is another one. And of course it''s possible for all three of these bets to be landed. I''ve placed them with Bet365/Bill Hill and here are the details : -

Half-Time:

DRAW

£6.00

Bet 365

11/10

£12.60

Both teams to

score: NO

£3.00

Bet 365

10/11

£5.72

Russel Martin

to score first and last

£1.00

Bill Hill

90/1

£91.00

Good luck Platonic [:)] [Y]

[/quote]Nutty, not forgetting that away-penalty side bet...[:P][;)][:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Platonic"]So here we go!

Sorry this is slightly early, but I''ve got a hectic afternoon/evening ahead so wanted to be organised. Thanks for the suggestions for the Norwich bet; I''ve decided to go for the following:

Half-Time: DRAW - £6

Both teams to score: NO - £3

Russel Martin to score first and last - £1 (thanks to woostercanary for the suggestion, it is indeed 90/1 at Bill Hill)

My reasoning (should anyone want it) is as follows:

Swansea have a tendency to score first in their matches (and indeed in the first half) whereas Norwich have failed to score in 6 of the last 8 away matches. However, the last two games have genuinely seen us improve our defensive game plan, and I am most confident of us managing to go in level at half time. I was tempted by a half time 0-0, but I prefer the simple draw as it covers more possibilities.

I''ve taken the NO in BTTS because I suspect this will end 1-0 to either team (as the reverse did at Carrow Road), or possibly 0-0. If Swansea do take the lead I don''t back us to score I''m afraid, as they''ll probably park the bus and we struggle to score away at the best of times. However, if we do take the lead I can see us seeing out the rest of the game as Swansea are definitively not Leicester/Chelsea.

Finally, the 90/1 on Martin first and last fits nicely into my thinking that we could nick a 1-0 victory, and why not have Russ chipping in for the goal.

Good luck all.[/quote]

Thank you for these Platonic. You PUPs have come up with so many different strategies for these picks and yours is another one. And of course it''s possible for all three of these bets to be landed. I''ve placed them with Bet365/Bill Hill and here are the details : -

Half-Time:

DRAW

£6.00

Bet 365

11/10

£12.60

Both teams to

score: NO

£3.00

Bet 365

10/11

£5.72

Russel Martin

to score first and last

£1.00

Bill Hill

90/1

£91.00

Good luck Platonic [:)] [Y]

[/quote]Nutty, not forgetting that away-penalty side bet...[:P][;)][:D][/quote]

I''m struggling with that at the moment Purple because I can''t find the odds on Bet365 or Bill Hill.

I''ve had a look and can only find penalty awarded and scored (either side) @ 5.5 or awarded and missed @ 15.00

This week I''ll go for Villarreal to beat las palmas. I know I''m late for the match bet but I would have gone for howson to score. Good luck pups!

A very good evening to you Nutty,good luck to Mr.Field and the mysterious Platonic not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUPs out there.As Lessingham appears to be bottling it and hoping for me to slip up by picking a 1/6 shot i hope to squeeze him a little further by going to his native Jockland  and a HOME WIN for DUNFERMLINE v Stenhousemuir at 1/4.Looks as though i am late with my Norwich pick as Platonic has had a hectic afternoon and a busy evening ahead ( Does that mean we are dealing with a woman who has been on the school run and the supermarket trolley dash but is now spending the evening with a bottle of Prosecco ? [;)] ) so a futile stab at a 1-1 draw.

The Turkish Super Lig.Besiktas to win at home against Eskisehirspor.Besiktas, second, have a 9-1-2 and 24/10 home record. Eskisehirspor, bottom, have a 1-1-9 and 8/23 away record. Besiktas played in the cup on Thursday but this game is not taking place until Monday.Good luck to all!PS. Nutty, if there are still not odds on that penalty bet in time you could place ii on No penalty in match, with Hills''s, at 2/11.

I''ve toyed with quite a few selections today, strangely none of which have been chosen and as I type I still don''t know which one I will be chosing.Even though it''s too late for the match bet I''m sticking with my prediction of us to win 2-1 and Klose to score last.On to my pick and amongst other teams, I have been toying with - Dynamo Kiev, Red Star Belgrade, TNS, Golden Arrows, University of Pretoria and Celtic.  I''m tempted with all of them, but especially Red Star, TNS in the Welsh Cup who play Newton (who they beat 6-0 away in the league 2 weeks ago) at home and Celtic in the Scottish Cup.I very, very nearly went for Celtic, but have changed my mind at 11th hour [:S] and decided to go to Serbia and for -Red Star Belgrade vs Jagodina - home winRed Star (top of the table) and by far the best team in the league have won their previous 6 home league games, scoring 19 and conceding just 4 in the process, Jagodina (14th out of 16 teams) have won 1 drawn 1 and lost 4 of their previous 6 away scoring 6 and conceding 11.Good luck everyone, the very best of luck GMF and Platonic [:)][Y]

I''m also going for a home win for Sazburg v. Grodig.

Salzburg are W9 D2 L1 F35 A12 at home and Grodig are W1 D2 L9 F10 A22 away.

Good Luck GMF!

Good Luck with the Norwich bet, Platonic!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]A very good evening to you Nutty,good luck to Mr.Field and the mysterious Platonic not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUPs out there.As Lessingham appears to be bottling it and hoping for me to slip up by picking a 1/6 shot i hope to squeeze him a little further by going to his native Jockland  and a HOME WIN for DUNFERMLINE v Stenhousemuir at 1/4.Looks as though i am late with my Norwich pick as Platonic has had a hectic afternoon and a busy evening ahead ( Does that mean we are dealing with a woman who has been on the school run and the supermarket trolley dash but is now spending the evening with a bottle of Prosecco ? [;)] ) so a futile stab at a 1-1 draw.[/quote]I certainly do not want to massage your ego Tilly, but that is a very brave pick.  Scottish football is a minefield, never mind the lower leagues in Scotland, which are even more of a minefild.  Add to that the fact that Stenhousemuir are actually rather decent away from home.  Their away form puts their home form to total shame.  I totally bottled it and went for (hopefully) on paper, as nailed on a home banker as you can find.  I pulled the plug on Celtic at the last minute as I got images in my head of newspaper headlines of Morton pulling off a shock or at least taking it to extra time.I''m in a total tizz feeling unbelievably nervous about even home bankers.  However sick it makes me feel [+o(] I don''t know why, but I just felt the need to show a little bit of respect to somebody who really goes for it and is brave in their attempt to win something.[+o(][+o(][+o(] off to wash my mouth out.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]PS. Nutty, if there are

still not odds on that penalty bet in time you could place ii on No penalty in

match, with Hills''s, at 2/11.
[/quote]

I hope I''ve got this right...

I opened an account with Paddypower, deposited a tenner and put the lot on Norwich to score a penalty against Swansea @10/1. Apparently this then entitles me to three further £10 free bets to be used within the next 30 days. So my intention, hopefully with your timely reminders, is to place the bets on Norwich to score a penalty against Manchester City, West Brom and Newcasle. During this time we would have spent £5 of your pledge so all I''m doing is matching your stake but for the next two home games.

Hope all that makes sense.

Norwich to

score a penalty

£10.00

PPower

10/1

£110.00

[quote user="woostercanary"]Good luck GMF, Platonic and all the other PuPs.

This Saturday is my mother''s 90th birthday so I''m trying to pick those odds

that have a 90 somewhere amongst them.

[/quote]

I wish I''d thought of that before Tilly was 90.....

Thanks for all the good luck messages and, more important, all the helpful suggestions. By my reckoning, 24 and still counting!

So, here we go with the Final Six selections.

First up, and by far the most popular selection, Man City vs Aston Villa - Home win.

Second, a Yorkshire local derby, Sheffield Wednesday vs Rotherham - Home win. (My personal pick this week).

To France next, hard to see beyond PSG beating Montpellier.

Next, to Austria - Red Bull Salzburg to beat Scholz Grosig.

To Turkey - Besiktas vs Eskisehirspor - home win.

And finally, Napoli to beat Chievo.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="PurpleCanary"]PS. Nutty, if there are

still not odds on that penalty bet in time you could place ii on No penalty in

match, with Hills''s, at 2/11.
[/quote]

I hope I''ve got this right...

I opened an account with Paddypower, deposited a tenner and put the lot on Norwich to score a penalty against Swansea @10/1. Apparently this then entitles me to three further £10 free bets to be used within the next 30 days. So my intention, hopefully with your timely reminders, is to place the bets on Norwich to score a penalty against Manchester City, West Brom and Newcasle. During this time we would have spent £5 of your pledge so all I''m doing is matching your stake but for the next two home games.

Hope all that makes sense.

Norwich to

score a penalty

£10.00

PPower

10/1

£110.00

[/quote]Nutty, [Y][Y][Y]

[quote user="GMF"]Thanks for all the good luck messages and, more important, all the helpful suggestions. By my reckoning, 24 and still counting!

So, here we go with the Final Six selections.

First up, and by far the most popular selection, Man City vs Aston Villa - Home win.

Second, a Yorkshire local derby, Sheffield Wednesday vs Rotherham - Home win. (My personal pick this week).

To France next, hard to see beyond PSG beating Montpellier.

Next, to Austria - Red Bull Salzburg to beat Scholz Grosig.

To Turkey - Besiktas vs Eskisehirspor - home win.

And finally, Napoli to beat Chievo.[/quote]

Thanks for these GMF. They look a great selection to me and I think we have a very good chance of getting back to winning ways. I''ve placed them with Bill Hill using the free bet Norfolkchance1 won last week and the potential return is £49.31. Here are the details : -

Man

City

-       

-

1/5

-       

-

15:00

Sat

Sheffield Wed

-       

3 /4

-

Sat

Salzburg

-       

2/7

-

Sat

PSG

-

4/9

-

16:00

Sat

Napoli

-

1/5

-

19:45

Sun

Besiktas

-

1/3

-

18:00

Mon

So we have 5 games tomorrow, a day off on Sunday and hopefully we''re still in the hunt on Monday evening for the last leg. Good luck everyone[:)]

Sorry late again, been watching a very lazy unimpressive Lafferty play. Anyway I''ll take a draw for norwich away at Swansea today please. Good luck all.

Norwich to win is currently @4.00 so would give you a massive boost in profitability should it come through Redders!