Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF THE WORTHY OUT ALLEGIANCE!

My god where to start.  I have just got home and am still fuming.  It''s just not good enough.  Charlton starting, Jarvis on the bench.  Disgraceful.

The team out there is Worthy''s team.  It consists entirely of Worthington signings or players he has deemed good enough to keep their place.  He decides what the lads do in training.  He picks the tactics.  He picks the team.  And it just is not good enough.

Today I saw football which was consistant under the Hamilton era. Totally negative, arguements amongst players, lazy, no creativity, no motivation, terrible tactics and team selection, oppo given too much time on the ball, no closing down.  Believe me, I could go on.

If a player did well for us two seasons ago, but had played poorly since, would he still be in the team?  Of course not.  If he played consistantly badly would he still be at the club?  Of course not.  Examples: Holt and Mulryne.  If this is the rule for players, why not for managers?  Unfortunately it most certainly isn''t the case.

I wasn''t one of the fans today who sang "Worthy time to go".  I did not feel it was the right time to do it.  But time it certainly is.  If our board had the balls to sack Worthington and bring in George Burley as soon as possible I would hold them in the highest regard.  Unfortunately, as we all know, it aint going to happen.

Rant over  

DD, nothing really to add to your post except I am in complete and utter agreement with you.

However, concerning the Board, remember the AGM is coming up and I, for one, will be there in person to hear what they intend to do about stopping the slide, if they don''t act in the interim.

31 October, 7.30 pm Carrow Road, a very important date in the calendar for shareholders.  From what I heard in the city last night, there will be several people at this AGM who went yesterday, have been to most games this season, supporters of twenty years plus who are not fickle, gloryhunters, but real dedicted fans who are sick of seeing our club in the sorry state it is in right now.

The Board will have to act soon, it is in their hands, and we can only hope they choose to act quickly.

Where is delia whilst this mini catastrophy is going on not heard a word from her most of the season.Is she unhappy with the present manager she is usually praising worthy even when things are not going.

[quote]My god where to start. I have just got home and am still fuming. It''s just not good enough. Charlton starting, Jarvis on the bench. Disgraceful. The team out there is Worthy''s team. It consists ...[/quote]

Yeh i was, up intill the QPR match yesterday, just about backing Worthy to turns things around. But after yet another very poor performance, i have like DD officially lost faith with Worthy and now think that he has got to go, sooner rather than later! Burley in!

Its almost sad that DDM is now in the Worthington Out camp as it shows just how far we have slid

Now, if the real Delia would only feel the same and get on the phone to George, all would be well

Question off topic John, but I used to like reading your posts as Templeton. Nothing against your current name but what is the origin of both names, and why the change?

P.S: Hope to see more input from you.

Me too, it''s nearly november and no signs of improvment.

If we are to stand any chance of promotion (which with the quality of players in the squad we should be capable of) it''s now or never.

Worthy OUT

Gazza:  I would love to get to the AGM on the 31st.  Unfortuantely I have a rather pressing piece of work in for the 1st and I don''t think I can make it.  I trust however, that there will be many hundreds expressing their views on my behalf!

Like Temp, I don''t like knee jerk reactions.  I have been mulling this over for a few weeks.  But with November approaching and absolutely no sign of a corner being turned I think it''s time.  Lets just hope the board think the same

YC:  the origins of the name Templeton are posted within this message board somewhere, back in the days when the conversation was altogether more pleasant!  Old nickname, basically.

John the Revelator is a storming song on the new Depeche Mode album, and just seemed like a good name to adopt at the time.  As you will see, I have now merged the two for a nice happy compromise!

I will contribute more as soon as I am content that the nasty back-biting, flaming and name-calling has receeded - I have every faith that Pete, Celia, Vince & team will make this happen.

DD, you shock me - a student doing some work?

As for the AGM,think there will be standing room only, not sure how many people go nowadays, haven''t been to one since Chase days! I am sure it will all be very interesting and hopefully we will be able to find out where the Board stand on the crisis our club is in.

I am also now in the Worthy Out camp, although I have not exactly been suggesting we keep him recently.  I have been to every game so far this season and QPR is without a doubt the worst performance this year.  It was never even a contest, at least with all of the other losses this year we performed at some point and could have got results.  We were actually outclassed by what is a very poor side.

You have to say we have reached a bench mark point in the season.  We are pretty much a third of the way through and automatic promotion (although not mathematically) is already out of reach.  We can''t afford to wait until the Play Off''s are out of reach until we change manager.

Worthy seems to have exhausted all of his methods to turn this around as today I read that we are "Going back to basics".  What again?  How many times do these players need to be told the basics?  Can they not pass or tackle already.  What we really need are some tactics and confidence and Worthy, I''m sorry to say is not going to provide them.

The time has come to say goodbye as the man who turn things around for us has just been made available.

Hello,

Firstly I think he should be given a few more games to get some players fit....

And for all those advocating Burley does anyone remember the circumstances in which the binners sacked him....?

....they had just been relegated and were struggling near the bottom of this division.

Presumably the worthy, out burley in boys would have been calling for burleys head if they had been town fans at that time (heaven forbid!)?

They made a mistake sacking him then and i think it would be a mistake to sack worthy just yet too.

More importantly though he''s a **** reject, surely we can do better than that!!

Whilst I am firmly aligned with the "Worthy Out" campaign I''m not persuaded that Gorgeous George is the answer...I feel that we need more of a motivator - yes George has done good at Hearts but he''s not been short on cash - and look where the chequebook got him at Portaloo Rd - Finidi George anyone?!!!

Did anyone else read the story in the papers today about Megson taking fans into the Forest dressing room after their defeat to Yeovil to explain to the players how the fans were feeling.  Wonder if Worthy has thought about doing this?

[quote]My god where to start. I have just got home and am still fuming. It''s just not good enough. Charlton starting, Jarvis on the bench. Disgraceful. The team out there is Worthy''s team. It consists ...[/quote]

Short memories we have.Do you enjoy watching the likes of huckerby and ashton not to mention some of the other quality loan signings he has brought here crouch harper to name just a few how nice it was to go to cardiff and then win the championship under worthy all this has been made possible by this so crap manager l feel so sorry for this crap manager that as soon as he has a treatment room full of injured players thus unabling him to field a settled side. all you so called die hard norwich fans are calling for his head shame on you and your worthy out brigade. i just hope he stays and turns it round he certainly will not have you lots support to thank for it.