Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Why can't Delia and Co find a wealthy investor for a club that has spent 4 of the last 5 seasons in the prem..

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]When virtually every other club in our situation have? Discuss.......................[/quote]Because they don''t want to.  It doesn''t suit them.  It doesn''t rhyme with nepotism.

They have said that if the right investor came along, they would happily step aside.So we assuming they are lying to us?

I don''t know about every other club in our situation, but don''t these investors usually like to swoop in when a club is in difficulty so they can buy it for pennies and hope to add value later on?

[quote user="Peanuts"]I don''t know about every other club in our situation, but don''t these investors usually like to swoop in when a club is in difficulty so they can buy it for pennies and hope to add value later on?[/quote]Similar to what Mucus Evans did for the blue scum? Effectively buying their debt, and charging them interest on it?

I think the key here is "investor" -someone whoi puts money in is going to want a return on that money.So how much would they need to invest before they realistically saw some sort of return on that investment??And how many people out there are prepared to do that-with no guarantee of a return, no matter how much they put in.We''re also largely debt free and, for football in this country, in a relatively healthy financial situation. So buying into, or buying the club straight out isn''t going to be cheap in the first place.Investors are going to look at a club like ours and realise that, returns wise for their money, we''re not likely to do a lot for them. Someone willing to sink a lot of money in for next to no return-which is what the current owners have done-is a different matter. We might not find an investor but we may, in time, attract someone who wants the thrill of owning a football club and is willing to accept little more than that for their money.And there are even fewer of them out there. There is also FPP to take into consideration with regard to the benevolent sugar daddy.I think some fans seriously believe that the current owners and board are, or would, turn away any and all billionaiares who come knocking on the clubs door. There haven''t been any. If there was, they''d make sure their interest went public first, that would be their prime consideration and priority at first. We''ve heard nothing so can assume nothing and noone has been forthcoming.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Peanuts"]I don''t know about every other club in our situation, but don''t these investors usually like to swoop in when a club is in difficulty so they can buy it for pennies and hope to add value later on?[/quote]Similar to what Mucus Evans did for the blue scum? Effectively buying their debt, and charging them interest on it?[/quote]
I expect that''s worked out much better for him than it has for them. Shame.

[quote user="Peanuts"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Peanuts"]I don''t know about every other club in our situation, but don''t these investors usually like to swoop in when a club is in difficulty so they can buy it for pennies and hope to add value later on?[/quote]Similar to what Mucus Evans did for the blue scum? Effectively buying their debt, and charging them interest on it?[/quote]
I expect that''s worked out much better for him than it has for them. Shame.
[/quote]And it illustrates a fairly salient point about investors. They ain''t doing it because they care about the football club, they are doing it to make a return on their investment.

You don''t think Delia is making a return on hers then ? 4 years of Premiership money has gone somewhere and its not been on team strengthening .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]You don''t think Delia is making a return on hers then ? 4 years of Premiership money has gone somewhere and its not been on team strengthening .[/quote]Oh dearie me, you''re really not too well informed, are you?Any of the fag packet accountants want to pick this one up?

I agree we need new wealthy owners.

Southampton managed to find a billionaire who passed the club to his daughter when he died.

Bournemouth managed to find an investor and then an additional investor(s) who bought 25%

Watford who were losing money managed to find an investor and look where they are.

We look like a club doomed to be mainly in the Championship with maybe if are lucky the odd season in The Premiership.

Do we have any ambition?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CanaryOne"]You don''t think Delia is making a return on hers then ? 4 years of Premiership money has gone somewhere and its not been on team strengthening .[/quote]Oh dearie me, you''re really not too well informed, are you?Any of the fag packet accountants want to pick this one up?[/quote]You really think she does not make money from the club , you need to start living in the real world and not your little yellow and green pretend one , maybe some of your fag packet accountants can help you out .

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CanaryOne"]You don''t think Delia is making a return on hers then ? 4 years of Premiership money has gone somewhere and its not been on team strengthening .[/quote]Oh dearie me, you''re really not too well informed, are you?Any of the fag packet accountants want to pick this one up?[/quote]You really think she does not make money from the club , you need to start living in the real world and not your little yellow and green pretend one , maybe some of your fag packet accountants can help you out .[/quote]She is perfectly entitled to take a dividend on her shares, as any shareholder is, but if you think she is somehow bleeding Norwich City dry then you are mistaken.Go search out the clubs published accounts, they will tell you all you need to know.

I''d be interested in that one too. Have we got any fag packet accountants with a shred of credibility remaining?

[quote user="morty"]She is perfectly entitled to take a dividend on her shares, as any shareholder is, but if you think she is somehow bleeding Norwich City dry then you are mistaken.Go search out the clubs published accounts, they will tell you all you need to know.[/quote]Hate to break it to you Morty but shareholders in Norwich City do not get a dividend.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]She is perfectly entitled to take a dividend on her shares, as any shareholder is, but if you think she is somehow bleeding Norwich City dry then you are mistaken.Go search out the clubs published accounts, they will tell you all you need to know.[/quote]Hate to break it to you Morty but shareholders in Norwich City do not get a dividend.[/quote]Don''t "hate to break it to me" thats great news. More money for the football.

Why would we be looking for a rich investor ?  It''s not going to improve the squad this season and there are plenty of very rich clubs that are well below us at the moment, it''s not doing them any good.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Why would we be looking for a rich investor ?  It''s not going to improve the squad this season and there are plenty of very rich clubs that are well below us at the moment, it''s not doing them any good. [/quote]It isn''t a substitute for being well run, or having football nous, but it gives you options.It still has to be spent well, but its nice to have it to spend it.

I don''t know why but I''m quite glad they haven''t. I quite like our club as it is. Owners who I trust to do their best, for the benefit of the club.

I don''t know how anyone can criticize our owners....... they have done more for the club than anyone I can think of.

[quote user="The gut"]I don''t know why but I''m quite glad they haven''t. I quite like our club as it is. Owners who I trust to do their best, for the benefit of the club.

I don''t know how anyone can criticize our owners....... they have done more for the club than anyone I can think of.[/quote]Given a lot of your other comments that surprises me, in a good way though[Y]

The Stowmarket 2 hold just over 50% of the shares in the club but this gives them 100% control

They probably paid around £5/10M tops for the shares which are now probably worth £50M - will they sell no, they don''t need the money

The pair arrange the Board so that they control the votes

We owe then only £1/2M which she refuses to accept the final payment on her loans

They do not have enough money to invest in our club

I thought we were stuck in limbo for another 10/15 years

BUT - the future terrifies me if they leave everything to the 35 year old former civil servant they recently appointed to the Board

We have a very uncertain future, unless he plans to sell up when auntie & uncle move on (fingers crossed).

If we are relegated please do not boo the manager - the owners appointed him on a shoe string (McNallys brief would have started & ended with the words CHEAP) - he is doing his best

Who is responsible for their share value increase?

Who would have done better for us? Who wanted to?

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]The Stowmarket 2 hold just over 50% of the shares in the club but this gives them 100% control

They probably paid around £5/10M tops for the shares which are now probably worth £50M - will they sell no, they don''t need the money

The pair arrange the Board so that they control the votes

We owe then only £1/2M which she refuses to accept the final payment on her loans

They do not have enough money to invest in our club

I thought we were stuck in limbo for another 10/15 years

BUT - the future terrifies me if they leave everything to the 35 year old former civil servant they recently appointed to the Board

We have a very uncertain future, unless he plans to sell up when auntie & uncle move on (fingers crossed).

If we are relegated please do not boo the manager - the owners appointed him on a shoe string (McNallys brief would have started & ended with the words CHEAP) - he is doing his best[/quote]Yay Newton, good to see you back. [:S]

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CanaryOne"]You don''t think Delia is making a return on hers then ? 4 years of Premiership money has gone somewhere and its not been on team strengthening .[/quote]Oh dearie me, you''re really not too well informed, are you?Any of the fag packet accountants want to pick this one up?[/quote]You really think she does not make money from the club , you need to start living in the real world and not your little yellow and green pretend one , maybe some of your fag packet accountants can help you out .[/quote]I am only an amateur in such matters, but as far as I am aware, based on the accounts of the last several years, Smith and Jones have only ever put money into the club and have never taken money out, apart from some (only some) of that put in. They get neither salary nor dividend. In short, owning Norwich City has so far cost them money.If they were to sell most or all of their shares at the current price (which is subject to annual review up and down) of £100 they probably would make a profit on the totality of their investment, but that would be at the expense of the outside buyer and not the club. And that is only if  the actual share price, as opposed to the potentailly theoretical £100, was at a certain level.

I cringe everytime I see a post about Delia and Co somehow swindling the club for money. The stupidity of some fans is astounding.

They obviously love the club and some people seem to hold that against them, they are prudent in whose hands they allow to take control of the club that is surely a good thing?