Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Wembley Team

Despite the signings, I think the team we had at Wembley is better than we have now. At least it was a team that had battled together, played for each other, and had forged some unity of purpose.

I think we have signed to many players who want to play in the Premier but are not prepared to fight to keep us in it. We should get as close as we can to the Wembley team and give them the opportunity to defend what they fought so hard for - and stick with them for the remaining games.

I doubt Klose, Naismith, Brady, Mbokani, and Bamford will be with us next season anyway.

Neil''s already destroyed that unity.

Constant changes in personnel/tactics, if the manager hasn''t shown any belief in his players why would the players believe in themselves?

Plus a key element of that passion is now wearing a Derby County shirt. According to Neil Jarvis was a better option. I would take Johnson over Mulumbu, Howson, Oneil, Dorrans and Jarvis any day of the week.

I don''t think we can overlook the fact that Johnson leaving has played a part in how awful our midfield has become. Not the greatest player but a real talisman who also chipped in with the odd goal.

As it goes Johnson was probably our worst player at Wembley. I mean he had an ok game but pretty much everyone else was better, some were much better.

I thought he was effective in covering when Olsson went forward, and they kept Adomah out of the game. Starved Borough of possession.

The new signings are average at best, and without the passion or loyalty of the old guard just haven''t improved the team.

[quote user="FCC"]I thought he was effective in covering when Olsson went forward, and they kept Adomah out of the game. Starved Borough of possession.

The new signings are average at best, and without the passion or loyalty of the old guard just haven''t improved the team.[/quote]

This.....

Did a great job on adomah, kept his shape, hit the bar and worked tirelessly.

When we first sold Johnson I thought it was a tidy bit of business, however it is now where we need his spirit and fight attitude to get the team going. Yes he wasn''t the most technically gifted player to grace the Carrow Road turf, but his mentality was something else, and is what our team is missing! No point dwelling on it though, time for Naismith to take the reigns like he did against Liverpool!

I miss Bradders. But there was hardly anyone else on here who wanted him to play last time we were in the PL. Is this a case of not knowing what we''ve got til it''s gone? Or maybe heads I''ll moan, tails I''ll whinge..

Op are team was not good enough even with unity to keep us up in this league. Yes if we had missed out to boro much of that team may be in tact. But we all agreed we needed help across all areas of the team. Defence in particular.

I would argue that again those players who were in our promoted team have not kicked on and improved or developed in this league.

Johnson left for very good money and I do not think would have made much difference apart from more yellow cards. We would still be losing.

We needed to bring in better in the summer and we needed a good start, we did neither. We are now in a place where we are relying on our new boys to lift some of the old boys.

Johnson was superb in the run in, jerome scored plenty and howson scored 9 goals. It was not going to happen this season but the fact that it feels we have relied on those that we knew would struggle is hard to take. But it is all our club can do. Now we need our team to understand it is not just a win that is needed it is sustained winning. We hae not had a run like that in the premier league for a long time but now we need full concentration. Application, desire, professionalism and execution to get over the line.