Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Signings

Which of Neil''s signing have been hits and which have been misses (not including youngsters):Klose - HITBrady - HITWisdom - MISSPinto - MISSMulumbu - MISSDorrans - MISSAndreu - MISSNaismith - MISSJarvis - MISSMbokani - MISSBamford - MISSHave I missed anyone?  I know some are very early to be able to say either way, but judge them on what you''ve seen so far.  Two hits out of 11 signings is a pretty poor return.

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]Which of Neil''s signing have been hits and which have been misses (not including youngsters):Klose - HITBrady - HITWisdom - MISSPinto - MISSMulumbu - MISSDorrans - MISSAndreu - MISSNaismith - MISSJarvis - MISSMbokani - MISSBamford - MISSHave I missed anyone?[/quote]You''ve just ''missed'' nine of them...........

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="morty"]Bamford a "miss" already?[:D][/quote]As I said, judged on what we''ve seen so far... Read the post.[/quote]Yes, I did read the post.Well done on judging him, and writing him off, on 26 minutes of football[Y]

You clearly can''t grasp the English language.  I''m not judging him as a player (in fact I like him) but at this point, the fact that he''s only played 26 mins surely makes him a miss in terms of the context of the question?

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]You clearly can''t grasp the English language.  I''m not judging him as a player (in fact I like him) but at this point, the fact that he''s only played 26 mins surely makes him a miss in terms of the context of the question?[/quote]So what are you judging him as, a bee keeper?No, it really doesn''t.

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]So he''s a ''HIT'' then?What''s Andreu?[/quote]No idea, "squad player yet to break into the first team"?I don''t have such a simplistic view on life that I need to categorise things like this, in such a way.Are you a "hit" in whatever your chosen profession is?

But Lessingham - why give Pinto (or any others) a few more games?

Far more fun and much easier to rush headlong into an instant judgement based on a few scraps of evidence surely?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Pinto is not a miss, just not a hit yet ! 2 good games and 2 not so good, give him a few more games.[/quote]I''m not saying Pinto, Bamford or any of the others won''t come good, but judged on their impact this season (or so far in their time at Norwich) you''d have to say he''s a miss (so far).

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Pinto is not a miss, just not a hit yet ! 2 good games and 2 not so good, give him a few more games.[/quote]I''m not saying Pinto, Bamford or any of the others won''t come good, but judged on their impact this season (or so far in their time at Norwich) you''d have to say he''s a miss (so far).[/quote]You could.But you don''t have to.

Thirsty you are of course right, more fun your way, so glad we didn''t sign Dwight Gayle he would be an instant miss, also Benfick Afobe, would never have settled in Norfolk so a miss !

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]So he''s a ''HIT'' then?What''s Andreu?[/quote]No idea, "squad player yet to break into the first team"?I don''t have such a simplistic view on life that I need to categorise things like this, in such a way.Are you a "hit" in whatever your chosen profession is?[/quote]Yes I am.  Get your head out of your a*se.  I''m not saying they''re awful people, or that they should be written off, just pointing out that the manager''s signings so far have failed to have the impact we would have liked nine times out of 11... ie. they''ve been a miss.  Does that mean they''ll stay a miss forever, of course not.  by the same token, not all of them will be a success.

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]So he''s a ''HIT'' then?What''s Andreu?[/quote]No idea, "squad player yet to break into the first team"?I don''t have such a simplistic view on life that I need to categorise things like this, in such a way.Are you a "hit" in whatever your chosen profession is?[/quote]Yes I am.  Get your head out of your a*se.  I''m not saying they''re awful people, or that they should be written off, just pointing out that the manager''s signings so far have failed to have the impact we would have liked nine times out of 11... ie. they''ve been a miss.  Does that mean they''ll stay a miss forever, of course not.  by the same token, not all of them will be a success.[/quote]Oh, thats what you were driving at?Well I wish you the best of luck with your thread, and snap judgements[Y]

Afobe obviously a miss because he''s not made any first team appearances for us.
It''s a little pointless to call Bamford a failure when he''s barely had a chance yet and I think Pinto has looked okay, but other than Brady and Klose I agree the signings have been underwhelming.

Jesus!  I thought the point of this board was to have a reasoned debate and a bit of fun.  Not to hammer someone coz they dare to question the success of the manager, club or players.Let me re-phrase the original post so it''s better suited to your sensitive natureWhich of Neil''s signing have been hits and which have been misses (not including youngsters):Klose - HITBrady - HITWisdom - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Pinto - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Mulumbu - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Dorrans - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Andreu - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Naismith - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Jarvis - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Mbokani - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Bamford - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Have I missed anyone?

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]Jesus!  I thought the point of this board was to have a reasoned debate and a bit of fun.  Not to hammer someone coz they dare to question the success of the manager, club or players.Let me re-phrase the original post so it''s better suited to your sensitive natureWhich of Neil''s signing have been hits and which have been misses (not including youngsters):Klose - HITBrady - HITWisdom - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Pinto - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Mulumbu - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Dorrans - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Andreu - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Naismith - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Jarvis - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Mbokani - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Bamford - HIT (will come good - definitely has quality)Have I missed anyone?[/quote]Much better[Y]I''m glad they all did something in the last 5 minutes, to make you reconsider your previous hasty judgement.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]So he''s a ''HIT'' then?What''s Andreu?[/quote]No idea, "squad player yet to break into the first team"?I don''t have such a simplistic view on life that I need to categorise things like this, in such a way.Are you a "hit" in whatever your chosen profession is?[/quote]Yes I am.  Get your head out of your a*se.  I''m not saying they''re awful people, or that they should be written off, just pointing out that the manager''s signings so far have failed to have the impact we would have liked nine times out of 11... ie. they''ve been a miss.  Does that mean they''ll stay a miss forever, of course not.  by the same token, not all of them will be a success.[/quote]Oh, thats what you were driving at?Well I wish you the best of luck with your thread, and snap judgements[Y][/quote]How am I making a snap judgement?  I''m not writing anyone off.... Merely making an observation on their impact.I wish you luck with arrogant attitude and ill-informed responses.

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]So he''s a ''HIT'' then?What''s Andreu?[/quote]No idea, "squad player yet to break into the first team"?I don''t have such a simplistic view on life that I need to categorise things like this, in such a way.Are you a "hit" in whatever your chosen profession is?[/quote]Yes I am.  Get your head out of your a*se.  I''m not saying they''re awful people, or that they should be written off, just pointing out that the manager''s signings so far have failed to have the impact we would have liked nine times out of 11... ie. they''ve been a miss.  Does that mean they''ll stay a miss forever, of course not.  by the same token, not all of them will be a success.[/quote]Oh, thats what you were driving at?Well I wish you the best of luck with your thread, and snap judgements[Y][/quote]How am I making a snap judgement?  I''m not writing anyone off.... Merely making an observation on their impact.I wish you luck with arrogant attitude and ill-informed responses.[/quote]Awww. don''t get all glum[:(]Its a great thread, I am enjoying it muchly, so far.

I genuinely think Brady could be one of NCFC''s best players for some time, but only if used correctly.

It could be argued that the players themselves are all good and add quality (the first remit) to the squad, but they can only be as effective as their chosen application in the team.

With Brady, he''s of most value to us higher up the pitch. Personally, I think he''s prone to some dodgy decision-making in defence. Going forward, he genuinely excites me.

I don''t know the percentage of his starts at LB vs LM this season but you could even argue that his real HIT/MISS rating could be determined directly from this. And for me, he''s head and shoulders the best of the bunch.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]So he''s a ''HIT'' then?What''s Andreu?[/quote]No idea, "squad player yet to break into the first team"?I don''t have such a simplistic view on life that I need to categorise things like this, in such a way.Are you a "hit" in whatever your chosen profession is?[/quote]Yes I am.  Get your head out of your a*se.  I''m not saying they''re awful people, or that they should be written off, just pointing out that the manager''s signings so far have failed to have the impact we would have liked nine times out of 11... ie. they''ve been a miss.  Does that mean they''ll stay a miss forever, of course not.  by the same token, not all of them will be a success.[/quote]Oh, thats what you were driving at?Well I wish you the best of luck with your thread, and snap judgements[Y][/quote]How am I making a snap judgement?  I''m not writing anyone off.... Merely making an observation on their impact.I wish you luck with arrogant attitude and ill-informed responses.[/quote]Awww. don''t get all glum[:(]Its a great thread, I am enjoying it muchly, so far.[/quote]I''m fine.  Bless x

The general football related point is a fair one from the OP. I don''t think we have bought well generally in terms of impact or value during AN''s reign.

In fairness, as has been pointed out by Morty''s hilarious banter, its way too early to judge in the long term how many of the signings will be viewed over time. Having said that the impact has been much less than many would have hoped for. Mulumbu stands out for me. I really had high hopes that we were getting a regular starter alongside Tetty but its just not happened.

Brady is the obvious exception but many of the others have not brought enough to the party to really make a difference.

Mulumbu is a mystery. Certainly looked the part when he first got back from injury. But since then?

I think pinto would be suited to play wing back with a back three. Doesn''t look up to playing full back in a back four. But early days.

I like what I''ve seen of Klose.

Wisdom looks OK for a squad place but wouldn''tbe my first choice to play. But it should be remembered we have to name 25.

Brady great signing.

Dorrans good signing for the 25.

Naismith is a quality player who I think will prove a great signing.

Jarvis, well everyone was raving about him early season. Hopefully will get back to that form.

Mbokani''s been OK hasn''t he? He''s not Lukaku but he''s certainly not been a dud.

Bamford looked good from the bench. Certainly looks as good as Grabban.